First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stage 8 seems awesome, but complexity is holding me back. Trying to keep this build simple.
I'm kinda in that same mindset for my own vehicles. I've always been a follower of K.I.S.S. Hence why I ordered a stripper Base model :) But I've ridden in several vehicles with the CDEV system and wow it sure is nice. Especially when you transition from the hardball to the dirt at 60+ and the shocks tune themselves in real time.

But I'm just a lowly marketing guy without a trust fund so I'm waiting on the EXP shocks for my little 2-door :)
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that we're into April... How's that April coilover production run coming along?! Lol

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that we're into April... How's that April coilover production run coming along?! Lol
I've got about 25 days before I have to start making excuses :) We'll see.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Icon delivered the 37" tire kits ahead of schedule, so hopefully that bodes well for the actual coilovers too.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_0970.JPG

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) justin-timberlake-coffee

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) justin-timberlake-its-gonna-be-may

Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somehow managed to find a Stage 8 kit in stock with a dealer... it will take some time to get to me, but super excited to tackle the install and review the whole process. Even more excited to have CDEV and full adjustability on my Bronco. Thanks Icon!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce Stages 3 through 8 of our Complete Suspension Systems for 2021+ Ford Bronco!
Now that coilovers are shipping, is there any word on installation/disassembly guides? Would love to review before they arrive. Thanks!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven't heard anything about mine... My cancel trigger finger is getting intchy. Lol

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received the front coilovers today (rears are still backordered).

Summary:
  • There were no instructions, but installation is similar to the Icon IVD4300 kit so I used those.Update: Icon instructions now available.
    • 70 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 lower bolts (2) [this is more than stock]
    • 35 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 upper bolts (3) [this is less than stock]
    • 48 in-lbs - Icon 37" tire spacers (2) (No spec, but typical for M5 bolt)
    • 195 ft-lbs - Lower LCA bolts
    • 111 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar link to LCA
    • 66 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar mounting bolts/nuts (Sasquatch)
    • 26 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar shield (Sasquatch)
    • 22 ft-lbs - Engine & bash shields (Sasquatch)
  • The coilover extended length is approx the same as sasquatch with IVD4300 (1" strut spacer). Same maximum CV droop.
  • There is a bushing on the top hat, which is nice to prevent coil binding.
  • The coil spring is longer, but also narrower than sasquatch (more clearance for UCA). The coil diameter is ~4.5", compared to sasquatch at ~5.25". The adjustment ring is 100mm (but I assume you shouldn't adjust w/o spring compressor to prevent thread damage). The adjuster thread pitch is 2mm. The rubber bump stop is ~2.75in.
  • Due to coil length there is one critical clearance area. There is almost no clearance between the sasquatch swaybar link and the lower spring at full droop. It is an area to watch, due to tolerances between Broncos. It is probably fine on most Broncos. Update 8/24/2022: Icon is working on a fix.
  • The front coilover lift is ~0.25" less than the IVD4300 kit (2dr sasquatch 2.7).
  • I couldn't tell any difference in street ride quality between sasquatch and Icon.
  • Overall satisfied

Packaging.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1040.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1041.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1042.JPG

Comparison to sasquatch w/IVD4300 spacers (same extended length ~24.5"). Note top hat bushing and threaded lower mounts.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1045.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1047.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1046.JPG

To remove the spring, I think you unscrew one side of the lower mount, compress the spring, then lift and slide off the lower perch.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1046b.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1054.JPG

There weren't instructions to install the 37" tire spacers, but I think you first add the spacer between the bump stop and the washer (not fully tightened). Then slide it down and tighten down one of the bolts through the disassembly slot. At first I thought this was a weird design, but I think they did it this way so that it doesn't rattle. Update: Icon instructions now available.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1069.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1071.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1073.JPG

Clearance (great for UCA/tierod/CV, not so good for the sasquatch swaybar link):
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1077.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1079.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1080.JPG

The BDS UCA works fine. I am not necessarily recommending it. It is what I already had installed.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1076.JPG

Last edited:

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I received the front coilovers today (rears are still backordered).

Summary:
  • There are no instructions, but installation is similar to the Icon IVD4300 kit so I used those.
    • 50 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 lower bolts (2) [this is less than stock]
    • 35 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 upper bolts (3) [this is less than stock]
    • 48 in-lbs - Icon 37" tire spacers (2) (No spec, but typical for M5 bolt)
    • 195 ft-lbs - Lower LCA bolts
    • 111 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar link to LCA
    • 66 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar mounting bolts/nuts (Sasquatch)
    • 26 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar shield (Sasquatch)
    • 22 ft-lbs - Engine & bash shields (Sasquatch)
  • The coilover extended length is approx the same as sasquatch with IVD4300 (1" strut spacer). Same maximum CV droop.
  • There is a bushing on the top hat, which is nice to prevent coil binding.
  • The coil spring is longer, but also narrower than sasquatch (more clearance for UCA, CV, and tie rod). The coil diameter is ~4.5", compared to sasquatch at ~5.25". The adjustment ring is 100mm (but I assume you shouldn't adjust w/o spring compressor to prevent thread damage). The adjuster thread pitch is 2mm. The rubber bump stop is ~2.75in.
  • Due to coil length there is one critical clearance area. There is almost no clearance between the sasquatch swaybar link and the lower spring at full droop. You might be able to stick thin cardboard between them at full droop. It is an area to watch, due to tolerances between Broncos.

Packaging.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1076.JPG

Comparison to sasquatch w/IVD4300 spacers (same extended length ~24.5"). Note top hat bushing and threaded lower mounts.

To remove the spring, I think you unscrew one side of the lower mount, compress the spring, then lift and slide off the lower perch.

There weren't instructions to install the 37" tire spacers, but I think you first add the spacer between the bump stop and the washer (not fully tightened). Then slide it down and tighten down one of the bolts through the disassembly slot. At first I thought this was a weird design, but I think they did it this way so that it doesn't rattle.

Clearance (great for UCA/tierod/CV, not so good for the sasquatch swaybar link):

The BDS UCA works fine. I am not necessarily recommending it. It is what I already had installed.
they look great!

One thing to check on the clearance - it looks like the lower mount has an offset to it. I believe the offset should give the driveshaft more space. It looks like you have them setup in the opposite direction? Hard to tell if it’s just the pics.

that is how my Ranger icon setup worked, so I’m guessing this is similar.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to check on the clearance - it looks like the lower mount has an offset to it. I believe the offset should give the driveshaft more space. It looks like you have them setup in the opposite direction?
Interesting observation. However, I checked the tie rod clearance and it may not clear at full lock if the driver and passenger coilovers are swapped (or lower mount rotated). The coilovers were labeled driver and passenger, and I think the only difference is the offset direction.
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1051.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somehow managed to find a Stage 8 kit in stock with a dealer... it will take some time to get to me, but super excited to tackle the install and review the whole process. Even more excited to have CDEV and full adjustability on my Bronco. Thanks Icon!
If they claimed to have the complete kit in stock, they might be mistaken as there is a delay with the rear coilovers.

To anyone waiting on their order, or who have already received the fronts but not the rears, it's time for me to fall on my sword and deliver some bitter news. There will be an additional delay of several more weeks, very likely a month, for the rears due to an issue with the rear coil springs (first batch from our supplier were out of spec and are being re-made). Of course, we're now 9 days past the end of April when I went out on a limb and predicted all components would start shipping.

For the guy with the itchy cancel finger, this is of course grounds for cancellation if you're so inclined. We would hope you'd stick with us but it's understandable if you can't.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they claimed to have the complete kit in stock, they might be mistaken as there is a delay with the rear coilovers.
The dealer is 4WP and they told me over the phone that they had the full kit in transit from California to Pennsylvania, then it would ship to me... if you think they're mistaken then I really should follow up with them ASAP. An additional month delay will be a deal killer for me, as I'm leaving at the beginning of July for a 6 week trip from TX to AK and back. I was hoping to feature the Icon Stage 8 in videos leading up to that trip, and review it during the trip... but I need time to install the stuff!

edit: 30 minutes after posting this I got an email from 4WP saying that the "in stock" kit they sold me and described as in transit... doesn't exist. They are claiming a 5-7 month backorder window. ugh. I was so looking forward to this install.

Last edited:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got about 25 days before I have to start making excuses :) We'll see.
so one guy has shown that he got stage 8. I ordered right away when this went up and believe I should be getting my stage 4 Tubulars in the first batch, any word @Dusty at ICON on when you are shipping to your dealers?
I did get your 3" Spacer lifts to hold me over, I know I'll be able to sell them with my Badsquatch suspension

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so one guy has shown that he got stage 8. I ordered right away when this went up and believe I should be getting my stage 4 Tubulars in the first batch, any word @Dusty at ICON on when you are shipping to your dealers?
I did get your 3" Spacer lifts to hold me over, I know I'll be able to sell them with my Badsquatch suspension
Check a few posts back. The rear springs and therefore all combo kits are delayed. Front coilovers are shipping now (ala carte).
Sponsored