RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another question for everyone in here. Do you think the remote reservoir is worth the roughly $1,000 price increase? I don't do any highspeed off-roading just slow crawls.
Contrary to popular belief, the remote reservoir’s primary function isn’t to provide “extra cooling” for high speed stuff. It’s just a side effect to its primary function of separating the gas and oil, which should provide a better performing ride. How much of one over the other is the question thatll probably never be answered:ROFLMAO:

im leaning toward the ride being pretty much the same on both
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON, hope your doing well, haven't heard a response back from you on this thread, which is not normal for you. I am one of the supposed first batch group and just want an update on when I can expect to receive my suspension kit. I ordered through Lethal Performance @lethaljake.
Hi there. Unfortunately I don't have sales and order information for specific orders. For that you'll need to contact whoever you purchased through (ICON customer service or the dealer you went through) to inquire about ETA's. All I can speak of is in very general terms. Front coilovers have been shipping for a while now. Rear coilovers had a delay due to the coil springs but I've heard they are starting to ship this week. If your kit included other components, such as tubular UCA's, I know those were also delayed but I believe they are ready or almost ready to start shipping too. But unfortunately I can't tell you anything about your specific order or where you are in line because I don't have order data. So you'll need to inquire through your dealer or ICON customer service. Thanks and sorry for the delay.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vendors received rear coilover inventory today...
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 1656740874031

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Dubsesd whoa so many legit suspension offerings are coming. These look amazing

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there. Unfortunately I don't have sales and order information for specific orders. For that you'll need to contact whoever you purchased through (ICON customer service or the dealer you went through) to inquire about ETA's. All I can speak of is in very general terms. Front coilovers have been shipping for a while now. Rear coilovers had a delay due to the coil springs but I've heard they are starting to ship this week. If your kit included other components, such as tubular UCA's, I know those were also delayed but I believe they are ready or almost ready to start shipping too. But unfortunately I can't tell you anything about your specific order or where you are in line because I don't have order data. So you'll need to inquire through your dealer or ICON customer service. Thanks and sorry for the delay.
I was quoted an ETA of September 4th, 2022 from Lethal Performance, two more months let's go!!!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the Icon rear coilovers today.

See my previous post for details on the front coilovers: post #114

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1089.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1105.JPG
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1113.JPG

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) IMG_1118.JPG

Comments:
  • With front & rear installed the 2dr bronco is level (within 1/4" all corners). I have a winch, but also heavy gear and 37" spare in back. I might raise the rear just a touch. It looks like there is plenty of room to compress the spring and adjust the collar while on the vehicle (wheel removed). Overall the ride height is slightly shorter than the IVD4300 kit (maybe 1/4").
  • The Icon coilover is easier to install than sasquatch with spacers. The tophat pivot makes bolt alignment easy. The hardest part is the 350ft-lbs on shock bolt (I cheated and used a torque multiplier).
  • The bump stop washer is attached to the end cap with sticky tape (to prevent weight pushing the bump stop out of place). So, I didn't follow the 37" spacer instructions. I put the spacer between the bump stop and washer. Otherwise, you would have to reinstall sticky tape to hold the washer on the spacer.
  • Street ride seems similar to sasquatch with IVD4300. I can't tell the difference.
  • I installed Valkyrie shock skids(reversed bolts to allow clearance for Icon shock). It looks like there is enough clearance for Icons over articulation, but not 100% sure.
  • I also installed a Fabtech trackbar bracket. The stock bar is now within 0.25" of level.

Last edited:

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks great!

Was the track bar bracket necessary?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received the front coilovers today (rears are still backordered).

Summary:
  • There were no instructions, but installation is similar to the Icon IVD4300 kit so I used those.
    • 70 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 lower bolts (2) [this is more than stock]
    • 35 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 upper bolts (3) [this is less than stock]
    • 48 in-lbs - Icon 37" tire spacers (2) (No spec, but typical for M5 bolt)
    • 195 ft-lbs - Lower LCA bolts
    • 111 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar link to LCA
    • 66 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar mounting bolts/nuts (Sasquatch)
    • 26 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar shield (Sasquatch)
    • 22 ft-lbs - Engine & bash shields (Sasquatch)
  • The coilover extended length is approx the same as sasquatch with IVD4300 (1" strut spacer). Same maximum CV droop.
  • There is a bushing on the top hat, which is nice to prevent coil binding.
  • The coil spring is longer, but also narrower than sasquatch (more clearance for UCA). The coil diameter is ~4.5", compared to sasquatch at ~5.25". The adjustment ring is 100mm (but I assume you shouldn't adjust w/o spring compressor to prevent thread damage). The adjuster thread pitch is 2mm. The rubber bump stop is ~2.75in.
  • Due to coil length there is one critical clearance area. There is almost no clearance between the sasquatch swaybar link and the lower spring at full droop. It is an area to watch, due to tolerances between Broncos. It is probably fine on most Broncos.
  • The front coilover lift is ~0.25" less than the IVD4300 kit (2dr sasquatch 2.7).
  • I couldn't tell any difference in street ride quality between sasquatch and Icon.
  • Overall satisfied

Packaging.

IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG

Comparison to sasquatch w/IVD4300 spacers (same extended length ~24.5"). Note top hat bushing and threaded lower mounts.
IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG

To remove the spring, I think you unscrew one side of the lower mount, compress the spring, then lift and slide off the lower perch.
IMG_1046b.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG

There weren't instructions to install the 37" tire spacers, but I think you first add the spacer between the bump stop and the washer (not fully tightened). Then slide it down and tighten down one of the bolts through the disassembly slot. At first I thought this was a weird design, but I think they did it this way so that it doesn't rattle.
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG

Clearance (great for UCA/tierod/CV, not so good for the sasquatch swaybar link):
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG

The BDS UCA works fine. I am not necessarily recommending it. It is what I already had installed.
IMG_1076.JPG
Fyi, not sure if you knew this already but it’s likely that BDS UCA will limit your travel over a factory UCA or Icon’s DJ Pro. If you still have your factory ones, easiest way to check would be disconnecting the UCA from the spindle and bending it end to end versus a factory arm (easier to compare the angle while it’s off the truck but can be done with it on).

while it’s true that UCAs typically allow extra travel on other platforms, the Bronco is a special case where the aftermarket joints usually have less flex vs factory weirdly enough. Only reason I could see to get an aftermarket arm is if you need to clearance the coils.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fyi, not sure if you knew this already but it’s likely that BDS UCA will limit your travel over a factory UCA or Icon’s DJ Pro. If you still have your factory ones, easiest way to check would be disconnecting the UCA from the spindle and bending it end to end versus a factory arm (easier to compare the angle while it’s off the truck but can be done with it on).

while it’s true that UCAs typically allow extra travel on other platforms, the Bronco is a special case where the aftermarket joints usually have less flex vs factory weirdly enough. Only reason I could see to get an aftermarket arm is if you need to clearance the coils.
I agree that the uniball has less range than the factory or DJ joints. However, the primary purpose of aftermarket UCA is to correct the alignment angle. Unless you are adding additional strut spacers to the Icon coilovers, I don't think it is an issue since the droop of the Icons is no worse than the 2.5"-3" spacer kits. Note that I am not recommending BDS or uniball. It is just what I had since it was the first one available. Today, I would probably buy one that reuses the factory joint.

On my Bronco there was no LCA adjustment range left (one cam was already maxed out from the factory), so the aftermarket UCA with +1.5degree was required for alignment. Icon originally said the factory UCA would work, but that was before their UCAs were available (I think they now recommend them).

I confirmed that the BDS uniball UCA worked over the full range for Icon spacer/coilover kit (did coil removed clearance test with spacers, bumpstop removed, and sasquatch shock). However, one caveat is that I only checked it with 37" tires.

Sponsored

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had the internal reservoir rears ordered over the weekend. Found out this morning they were actually out of stock and given a mid-Aug ETA. Does anyone know of any vendors with the rears actually in stock? I saw Summit Racing had a couple of sets last week but they are gone already.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the track bar bracket necessary?
No, a track bar bracket or adjustable track bar is not necessary in my opinion. The bar is so long that the rear axle centering error is small due to 3" lift. The alignment shop won't even mention it.

The track bar bracket improves clearance (moves the bar up), centers the rear axle closer to Ford base spec, and theoretically improves cornering. A minor difference. It is cheap and easy to install.

I think Icon advertises that their bar has flexible end joints to articulate easier, but I'm not sure how much difference it makes. The factory bar seemed to move easily with one end disconnected. The icon bar is stronger and adjustable to center the rear axle exactly (if shop is willing/able to do it).

Last edited:

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info! I'm eventually getting the icon track bar and the trailing arms, but my stage 4 is going on tomorrow!

Now I'm just worried about the tire gap. I was planning on keeping the 35's for max travel.

I'll post a picture when it's done.

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stage 4 complete. It rides a lot smoother than the stock sasquatch. Gonna give them a week before I test it offroad, but well done Icon, well done. I just wish it'd have a little smaller gap with the recommended 35's. Might have to get 37's once the steering rack is upgraded.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220712_182831
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220712_182848
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220712_182819
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220712_182815

20220712_182815.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stage 4 complete. It rides a lot smoother than the stock sasquatch. Gonna give them a week before I test it offroad, but well done Icon, well done. I just wish it'd have a little smaller gap with the recommended 35's. Might have to get 37's once the steering rack is upgraded.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 20220712_182815

Looks good! If you want to lower it a bit there is room in the threads. One of these might come in handy:
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 1657720783314
Sponsored