First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may want to wait and see if the springs settle before making too many changes. Technically you should get it aligned after you make any changes to the coils, so you may not want to mess with the ride height too many times.
Sponsored

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! I've got the lifetime alignment at Firestone, so that shouldn't be an issue. Do you know how long I should wait to let them settle? I'm about 600 miles and 2 minor offroad trips with the lift already.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard anywhere from 500 to 1000. Varies depending on the type of driving.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a set with the great August prices. Do they come with a spanner wrench or do I need to buy one separately?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a set with the great August prices. Do they come with a spanner wrench or do I need to buy one separately?
The wrench is not included. I found the wrench handy even though I compressed the springs while adjusting them to prevent damage. I lowered the front by two turns, so the front now sits 1/4" lower than rear (front was slightly higher than rear before adjustment).

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wrench is not included. I found the wrench handy even though I compressed the springs while adjusting them to prevent damage. I lowered the front by two turns, so the front now sits 1/4" lower than rear (front was slightly higher than rear before adjustment).

Thanks, I'll have to get a wrench before I install. I plan to set all at the lowest setting and adjust for 1/2 inch rake with top on. Hoping they don't look too bad with my 33s as I don't plan to get the 35s until this winter.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I opened up the boxes today and was looking them over. It appears on the rear coilover that the top mount has one bolt that does not have a nut on it. Is that correct? Two bolts have nuts and one doesn't?

My box was torn open on delivery and I just want to make sure I didn't lose anything.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) F4E6EFF3-C0D6-4A24-8222-9CA21D587E10

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I opened up the boxes today and was looking them over. It appears on the rear coilover that the top mount has one bolt that does not have a nut on it. Is that correct? Two bolts have nuts and one doesn't?

My box was torn open on delivery and I just want to make sure I didn't lose anything.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) F4E6EFF3-C0D6-4A24-8222-9CA21D587E10
There’s threads in one of the adapter plate holes for the bolt without a nut.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s threads in one of the adapter plate holes for the bolt without a nut.

Great! Was hoping nothing fell out of the box.

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I received the front coilovers today (rears are still backordered).

Summary:
  • There were no instructions, but installation is similar to the Icon IVD4300 kit so I used those.Update: Icon instructions now available.
    • 70 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 lower bolts (2) [this is more than stock]
    • 35 ft-lbs - Icon coilover Gr8 upper bolts (3) [this is less than stock]
    • 48 in-lbs - Icon 37" tire spacers (2) (No spec, but typical for M5 bolt)
    • 195 ft-lbs - Lower LCA bolts
    • 111 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar link to LCA
    • 66 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar mounting bolts/nuts (Sasquatch)
    • 26 ft-lbs - Stabilizer bar shield (Sasquatch)
    • 22 ft-lbs - Engine & bash shields (Sasquatch)
  • The coilover extended length is approx the same as sasquatch with IVD4300 (1" strut spacer). Same maximum CV droop.
  • There is a bushing on the top hat, which is nice to prevent coil binding.
  • The coil spring is longer, but also narrower than sasquatch (more clearance for UCA). The coil diameter is ~4.5", compared to sasquatch at ~5.25". The adjustment ring is 100mm (but I assume you shouldn't adjust w/o spring compressor to prevent thread damage). The adjuster thread pitch is 2mm. The rubber bump stop is ~2.75in.
  • Due to coil length there is one critical clearance area. There is almost no clearance between the sasquatch swaybar link and the lower spring at full droop. It is an area to watch, due to tolerances between Broncos. It is probably fine on most Broncos.
  • The front coilover lift is ~0.25" less than the IVD4300 kit (2dr sasquatch 2.7).
  • I couldn't tell any difference in street ride quality between sasquatch and Icon.
  • Overall satisfied

Packaging.

IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1042.JPG

Comparison to sasquatch w/IVD4300 spacers (same extended length ~24.5"). Note top hat bushing and threaded lower mounts.
IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1046.JPG

To remove the spring, I think you unscrew one side of the lower mount, compress the spring, then lift and slide off the lower perch.
IMG_1046b.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG

There weren't instructions to install the 37" tire spacers, but I think you first add the spacer between the bump stop and the washer (not fully tightened). Then slide it down and tighten down one of the bolts through the disassembly slot. At first I thought this was a weird design, but I think they did it this way so that it doesn't rattle. Update: Icon instructions now available.
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG

Clearance (great for UCA/tierod/CV, not so good for the sasquatch swaybar link):
IMG_1077.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG

The BDS UCA works fine. I am not necessarily recommending it. It is what I already had installed.
IMG_1076.JPG

Doing my install Monday! Is there enough room once the fronts are mounted to use the spanner wrench to adjust?

Certainly a lot more threads on the fronts as compared to the rear. As arrived, the rear are backed out as far as they will go and the fronts and screwed in about 1/3 of the way. Will be interesting to see the lift I get from those factory settings.

Last edited:

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON what are y’all doing for tie rod reenforcement? Anything compatible? The spring cup is so low that even some sleeves are not compatible nevermind the splints.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed the shop that installed my stg4 coilovers put the rear coils on the wrongs sides. Any thoughts about that being dangerous until I can swap them? I've driven a few hundred miles without incident but now I'm worried. Also kicking myself for not just installing myself at this point.

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Anyone have a link for the wheels pictured here?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the icon rebound pros with some kind of rock guard on it.
Sponsored