Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there,

I am interested in getting my base BASE bronco a 2 inch suspension lift. It is automatic running on 3.73 gears. What would I need for that. Looking to add 35's
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I recently installed the Icon stage 3 coilover setup on my wifes new 23 Wildtrak, the stance and ride so far is great. But with that said I’m not sure I’d recommend Icon <snip>
I'm sorry you had so much frustration with our instructions or lack thereof. Thanks @rtaylor for the assist. I believe this may have been a packaging mistake of not including the separate instructions that are specific to the sway bar relocation kit, which was a late addition to all of our coilover kits for Stages 3 through 8. I'll ask our packaging guys to take a look at it and try to remedy that for future customers.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there,

I am interested in getting my base BASE bronco a 2 inch suspension lift. It is automatic running on 3.73 gears. What would I need for that. Looking to add 35's
Hello there. I would suggest taking a look at our spacer lift kit HERE. If your primary need is only for fitting larger tires, I think that would be a better fit for you, not to mention much lower cost, than the complete coilover kits being discussed here. An upgrade over the spacer kit with better shock performance would be our EXP coilover shocks in THIS THREAD. In either case I would suggest adding a pair of our tubular Upper Control Arms to help maintain proper front end geometry after the suspension lift.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here are a couple shots from the RTI ramp at Bronco Super Cel this year. The ICON 4-door is running our Stage 8 kit with 37's and the up-travel limiters.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) DTS_1324X-1200w

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) DTS_1328X-1200w

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to overland a ton in the coming months and wanna upgrade Sasquatch suspension. I’m wanting to make sure the rides are smooth, and have the ability to go pretty much anywhere within reason. Which stage of your suspensions should I be looking at? I live on the east side of the states, but will be taking plenty of trips out west!

@Dusty at ICON can you provide some insight? Thanks much for your help!

Last edited:

Sponsored

rwm01

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS1, 2023 Renegade, 2004 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Dusty at ICON Any update on the availability of the Android app for the IIC?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to overland a ton in the coming months and wanna upgrade Sasquatch suspension. I’m wanting to make sure the rides are smooth, and have the ability to go pretty much anywhere within reason. Which stage of your suspensions should I be looking at? I live on the east side of the states, but will be taking plenty of trips out west!

@Dusty at ICON can you provide some insight? Thanks much for your help!
To be honest, any of our stages 3 and up would be an improvement over most types of terrain. The travel, shock design and valving is the same on all of them though, so the reasons for stepping up at each stage will depend on your wants more so than needs. For example, if you want to be able to sustain shock performance over rough terrain at moderate speed for longer periods, any of the stages with remote reservois (stages 4 and up) will be important. If you want the ability to adjust the shock damping for whatever terrain you'll be running, our CDCV adjustable shocks come in at stage 6. If you want the computer to do that for you, adjusting to changes in terrain and speed on the fly, the CDEV system that comes in Stage 8 might be right for you.

Keep in mind that the Stages are merely suggestions. You can alter them any way you want. For example, if you just want to add CDEV but don't want to add all the other upgrades that come in Stage 8, you can configure your own system with, say, everything in Stage 3 but with the CDEV coilovers instead of the standard non-resi coilovers. You can work with your ICON dealer to configure it however you'd like, or if you're ordering directly from us you would simply order the components separately rather than ordering one of the complete kits.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the billet parts do anything or offer any benefits other than looking good? (flex more, better durability, etc.)

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are a couple shots from the RTI ramp at Bronco Super Cel this year. The ICON 4-door is running our Stage 8 kit with 37's and the up-travel limiters.

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) DTS_1328X-1200w

What was the RTI score? Curious to see how it competes to stock numbers.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, any of our stages 3 and up would be an improvement over most types of terrain. The travel, shock design and valving is the same on all of them though, so the reasons for stepping up at each stage will depend on your wants more so than needs. For example, if you want to be able to sustain shock performance over rough terrain at moderate speed for longer periods, any of the stages with remote reservois (stages 4 and up) will be important. If you want the ability to adjust the shock damping for whatever terrain you'll be running, our CDCV adjustable shocks come in at stage 6. If you want the computer to do that for you, adjusting to changes in terrain and speed on the fly, the CDEV system that comes in Stage 8 might be right for you.

Keep in mind that the Stages are merely suggestions. You can alter them any way you want. For example, if you just want to add CDEV but don't want to add all the other upgrades that come in Stage 8, you can configure your own system with, say, everything in Stage 3 but with the CDEV coilovers instead of the standard non-resi coilovers. You can work with your ICON dealer to configure it however you'd like, or if you're ordering directly from us you would simply order the components separately rather than ordering one of the complete kits.
Great, thanks for the info Dusty. I had the same mindset as you and I'm glad you solidified it. Really wanted the remote reservoirs but I doubt I'll ever need to adjust the shocks as I'm manly just getting out their to overnland basically anywhere.

That might change because that stage 8 auto adjustment capabilities is pretty freaking sweet! Maybe my bonus is more than expected and I can splurge! Haha

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great, thanks for the info Dusty. I had the same mindset as you and I'm glad you solidified it. Really wanted the remote reservoirs but I doubt I'll ever need to adjust the shocks as I'm manly just getting out their to overnland basically anywhere.

That might change because that stage 8 auto adjustment capabilities is pretty freaking sweet! Maybe my bonus is more than expected and I can splurge! Haha
I just did some quick math and the price difference between the CDEV system and the standard remote res coilovers comes to $1,994.95 ($1,480 price difference for the 4 shocks plus $525 for the IIC module). That's a lot of cabbage but for some reason in my mind I thought it would be more than that. Perhaps because I always think of the CDEV system in conjunction with Stage 8 which tops out at over $10K. But Stage 8 comes with a lot of other stuff you may or may not need depending on your goals.

I always thought of CDEV as a "nice to have" rather than a "must have," until I drove one. I guess I figured I've gone 30 years driving 4X4's without all that fancy schmancy stuff LOL. But then I started driving the ICON 4-Door that has it and I've become a believer. I wish we could do ride-and-drive demonstrations with it. That's really where it sells itself.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was the RTI score? Curious to see how it competes to stock numbers.
I don't remember the actual numbers but I know we beat the stock Sasquatch-equipped rigs and a King-equipped 4-door handily. This was at Bronco Super Cel in Colorado last year. Of course all the Early Broncos wiped the floor with all of the 6G's on the ramp LOL. If I can find a pic of how the stock ones were doing on the same ramp I'll throw it in here.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m very excited/anxious to see what system you will create/release for heavy weighted Overlanders. This kit is what I’m thinking but of course with heavier rear springs.

43E0DE18-4D52-4DDA-92C2-2508953D3928.jpeg

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dusty,

Can you confirm the non-SAS and SAS kits are the same kit and the different inch quotes is just related to the fact both vehicles will end up at same height but starting from different heights?

The coilovers are same length. It’s just the non-SAS Bronco that starts off lower.

92624B9F-3488-4743-A12F-ADE7C1697A50.jpeg

2E9A5ADF-C158-4B62-80EA-80909ECF6A67.jpeg
Sponsored