R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a raise in the lower perch would have been a more elegant fix and keep factory locations of everything. When I started hearing about grinding parts, etc it just felt bandaidee.
The lower perch and longer spring is intentional to maximize wheel travel. Icon pushed the limits and some clearance issues resulted, but the easy-to-install swaybar spacer resolved the issues.
Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered myself a front and rear sets of the icon CDEV shocks, the control module kit and UCA that are part of the stage 8 setup. I prioritized these to reduce cost and will add the rest of the rear suspension goodies in phase 2 down the road. I worked with Panda motorworks who were great at not only having stuff in stock but also great on offering me a good price. Can’t wait to get these and install them.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at a stage 6 package for my Wildtrak. Read through this whole thread and it seems that most of the issues have been sorted out. (Tierod contacting the coilovers, swaybar interference and hose rubbing on the UCA.) Don't think I missed anything.
When I google icon issues I see there was a run of coilovers that had leak issues. I have not seen that on this forum, I assume it is safe to say that was an older issue.
I have seen some people post about the bodies rusting or the coating seems to be coming off. Has this issue been resolved?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at a stage 6 package for my Wildtrak. Read through this whole thread and it seems that most of the issues have been sorted out. (Tierod contacting the coilovers, swaybar interference and hose rubbing on the UCA.) Don't think I missed anything.
When I google icon issues I see there was a run of coilovers that had leak issues. I have not seen that on this forum, I assume it is safe to say that was an older issue.
I have seen some people post about the bodies rusting or the coating seems to be coming off. Has this issue been resolved?
I’ve got a call and email in about the rust issue. Still waiting, but so far patiently. I expect to be taken care off. I really am pleased with on and off road performance. Just caught off guard when a couple of weeks of winter weather made my 6 month old Icons look like 15 year old Monroes.

BryantC

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve got a call and email in about the rust issue. Still waiting, but so far patiently. I expect to be taken care off. I really am pleased with on and off road performance. Just caught off guard when a couple of weeks of winter weather made my 6 month old Icons look like 15 year old Monroes.
I live in a northern climate as well. That worries me.

Sponsored

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this post and the response and watching as I am interested in Icons. Look forward to seeing the resolution of this issue.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw this post and the response and watching as I am interested in Icons. Look forward to seeing the resolution this issue.

Yeah, me too...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To update, got an email today saying they will be replacing them once available. Not sure how long that will be, but am pleased it was an easy process. Will update once I get the new ones and have the old ones off.

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So glad I found this thread. I have a CDEV system sitting in my garage waiting for me to install on my Wildtrak and as mentioned numerous times the instructions and postage stamp photos are terrible. I did install the IIC and harnesses and discovered that the bracket the IIC sits on is too short so I had to elongate the two holes at the firewall. The slotted mount behind the fuse box just barely reaches to the center of the fender bolt, not good. Anyone mount rear shock skids to their Icons?

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So glad I found this thread. I have a CDEV system sitting in my garage waiting for me to install on my Wildtrak and as mentioned numerous times the instructions and postage stamp photos are terrible. I did install the IIC and harnesses and discovered that the bracket the IIC sits on is too short so I had to elongate the two holes at the firewall. The slotted mount behind the fuse box just barely reaches to the center of the fender bolt, not good. Anyone mount rear shock skids to their Icons?
Yeah I have the JCR skids on mine.

Also side note Icons warranty is top notch. Got my rear shocks replaced from rust issues and was a simple process.

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed mine last weekend and I found the instructions easy enough to follow. The control module plate fit just fine without having to alter any of the holes either.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the SDHQ shock skids. Nice product, solidly built.

Dannebrog53

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I have the JCR skids on mine.

Also side note Icons warranty is top notch. Got my rear shocks replaced from rust issues and was a simple process.
I was looking at those and their tech reps couldn’t confirm fitment, thanks for confirming

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Installing my replacement coilovers and want to make sure this is the current way to do it. I installed them backwards from the original instructions to push back from the tie rod. I’m now concerned about the axle at full turn, full stuff.

Does this look right?

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 42A60C13-959B-42BA-B8F2-46F2F62746C4
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) B9735B7A-357D-4221-8B39-A7D73D74D5A0
Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 76FE7560-4326-4C8C-AC65-0EC8C0EA5DEA

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installing my replacement coilovers and want to make sure this is the current way to do it. I installed them backwards from the original instructions to push back from the tie rod. I’m now concerned about the axle at full turn, full stuff.

Does this look right?

Ford Bronco ICON Complete Coilover Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) 76FE7560-4326-4C8C-AC65-0EC8C0EA5DEA
Looks right. The offset should put the shock body farther from the steering link and allow room for beefier links or bracing. That is exactly how I have mine.
Sponsored