First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
ICON Vehicle Dynamics is excited to announce our Vehicle Specific 2.5 Series Coilovers for 2021+ Ford Bronco!

Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 20220216_0122-1200w

These ICON 2.5 Series coilover shocks are engineered to give the 2021+ Bronco outstanding performance off-road and a smooth ride on the street. Our desert-tested, race-proven shock technology provides superior damping, tuned specifically for the Bronco's suspension and vehicle characteristics. CNC machined shock ends and mounts, body and shaft lengths and coil springs have been custom configured to squeeze maximum travel and articulation out of the Bronco's suspension geometry while providing increased lift height to safely accommodate up to 37-inch* tires. Like all ICON shock absorbers, V.S. 2.5 Series shocks are 100% rebuildable and 100% revalveable.

When used in conjunction with ICON tubular or billet front Upper Control Arms and Rear Suspension Links and 35" tires*, these coilovers can yield up to 14" of rear suspension travel and up to 11.5" of front suspension travel.
  • Factory set for approximately 3" suspension lift (for Sasquatch-equipped Broncos; approximately 4" lift for non-Sasquatch Broncos)
  • Threaded body allows for further lift height adjustment at installer's discretion(adjustable from 2.5-4" of lift height)
  • Increased wheel travel, up to 14" rear, 11.5" front
  • 100% Bolt-on, no cutting or welding necessary for installation
  • Vehicle specific design, engineered for maximum performance with Bronco suspension geometry.
  • CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodize finish.
  • High strength alloy CNC machined lower bar pin
  • ICON engineered coil springs with long-travel, triple-rate rear coil spring
  • FK rod end bearings for extended longevity and minimal deflection.
  • Coilover Shock Measurements eye-to-eye:
    • Front: 24.53" extended; 17.60" compressed
    • Rear: 28.90" extended, 18.36" compressed
*Coilovers are factory-setup for optimal ride height and travel when paired with factory Sasquatch wheels and tires, or aftermarket 35-12.50-17 tires and 17x8.5, 0" offset wheels. 37" tires will also fit but we recommend using our Up-Travel Limiters (sold separately) when installing 37's.

NOTE: ICON V.S. 2.5 Series Coilovers are available in pairs (front or rear) or as part of our Complete Suspension Systems, Stages 3 through 8 (CLICK HERE).

ICON COILOVER VARIANTS

BRONCO 2.5 INTERNAL RESERVOIR COILOVERS
These precision-manufactured, custom valved Internal Reservoir coilover shocks yield the maximum travel possible along with superior ride quality and suspension performance both on- and off-road. ICON coilover shocks are fully rebuildable. Our coil springs are custom engineered specifically for Bronco. The big 2.5-in diameter shock body and piston provides efficient damping and cooling, while the massive 7/8" diameter shock rod provides the strength to withstand abuse. The rear shocks are oriented shaft-up with unique triple-rate coil springs to achieve the most rear suspension travel possible.​
48600 - 21-UP BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS IR COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48600_Bronco_STRT_web_large
48610 - 21-UP BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS IR COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48610_Bronco IR Coilover_STRT_web_large

BRONCO 2.5 REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVERS
To provide for sustained shock performance at speed through rough terrain, this variant of the ICON VS 2.5 Series Coilover adds remote reservoirs to greatly increase shock oil volume and heat dissipation surface area to resist overheating and cavitation under hard use, which can lead to damper fade.​
48700 - 21-UP BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS RR COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48700_Bronco_STRT_web_large

48710 - 21-UP BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS RR COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48710_Bronco Rear Coilover_STRT_web_large

BRONCO 2.5 REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVERS WITH CDCV
These coilovers feature ICON's exclusive Compression Damping Control Valve (CDCV) for precisely dialing in your suspension performance. CDCV controls fluid flow under compression, allowing you to achieve the perfect tune whether driving on the street, slow-crawling through the rocks or mobbing across the desert at full throttle.​
48700C - 21-UP BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS RR CDCV COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48700C_Bronco_STRT_web_large

48710C - 21-UP BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS RR CDCV COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48710C_Bronco Rear Coilover_STRT_web_large

BRONCO 2.5 REMOTE RESERVOIR COILOVERS WITH CDEV
ICON's Top Of The Range coilover features lightning fast, precise electronic shock tuning, on-the-fly, at any speed and in any terrain. Focus on driving and let ICON Intelligent Control (IIC) read the terrain and make near-instant adjustments via the Compression Damping Electronic Valve (CDEV) at each individual shock. Control the system wirelessly through the IIC app on your phone. Once configured the system functions without driver input.​
48700E - 21-UP BRONCO FRONT 2.5 VS RR CDEV COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48700E_Bronco_STRT_web_large

48710E - 21-UP BRONCO REAR 2.5 VS RR CDEV COILOVER KIT​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 48710E_Bronco Rear Coilover_STRT_web_large

43501 - 21-UP BRONCO IIC INSTALL KIT (REQUIRED WITH CDEV)​
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 43501_Bronco IIC Install Kit_web_large

IMPORTANT TECH NOTES
  • 2-Door models will sit slightly higher than 4-door due to weight difference. For all models, final lift height is subject to variations due to equipment weight and load-out.​
  • When running 37" tires, Up-Travel Limiters are required to prevent tire contact with wheel well liners at full compression. These are sold separately (p/n 611075 front; p/n 611074 rear)​
  • When running Remote Reservoir, CDCV or CDEV rear shocks with STOCK rear lower suspension links, Reservoir Hose Clamp Kit p/n 611072 is required (sold spearately)​
  • When running Remote Reservoir, CDCV or CDEV rear shocks with ICON TUBULAR rear lower suspension links, Reservoir Hose Clamp Kit p/n 611073 is required (sold spearately)
  • No additional Reservoir Hose Clamp Kit is required when running CDCV or CDEV rear shocks with ICON BILLET rear lower suspension links, as billet clamps are included with the links.
  • On Broncos equipped with factory crash bars (non-Sasquatch models), ICON High Clearance Crash Bars are recommended when running up to 35" tires.
  • When running 37" tires, factory crash bars (if present) may need to be removed, and further trimming may be required, to prevent rubbing (not recommended by ICON).
These awesome Bronco VS 2.5 Series Coilover Shocks are available in a range of Complete Suspension Systems (Stages 3 through 8) by ICON Vehicle Dynamics, or they can be purchased in pairs. Available for pre-order soon, contact your favorite Authorized ICON Dealer or watch this thread to be the first to know when ordering opens on the ICON website!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’re the extended and compressed numbers on these? Assuming you’ve got the parts to maximize articulation

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Updated Original Post to add shock measurements, for those who were interested:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated Original Post to add shock measurements, for those who were interested:
Thanks for sharing. Impressive specs.
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco 1650936799076

Nice improvement over sasquatch.
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco IMG_0920.JPG

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah if you could get the spring rate that’d be cool thanks! King uses a dual rate 50-500, and fox is unknown since they’ve yet to reach a production model.

and for the bump stop spacer to clear 37s, is that just a 3/8-1/2” reduction in the stroke’s up travel?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah if you could get the spring rate that’d be cool thanks! King uses a dual rate, and fox is unknown since they’ve yet to reach a production model.

and for the bump stop spacer to clear 37s, is that just a 3/8-1/2” reduction in the stroke’s up travel?
Yes exactly. It's a bump spacer that goes on between the bump and the coil cup. Those who want to run 37's and keep maximum travel can run without them if they're willing to do some minor surgery elsewhere.

I'll see what I can find out about spring rates, if they're willing to share that info.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah if you could get the spring rate that’d be cool thanks! King uses a dual rate, and fox is unknown since they’ve yet to reach a production model.
For what it is worth, I drove my Bronco with one front Icon coilover and one front Sasquatch+spacer. Not conclusive, but I didn't see an obvious difference (e.g. similar dive on braking).

The front spacer is 1/2" (~3/4" wheel travel reduction) and rear is 3/8".

I measured distance at full droop from 37" KM3 rubber to upper fender metal at ~11.3". So even if you select wheel offset to avoid lock-to-lock rub (sas wheels w/0.75" spacers), there is some exposure at full compression with pancaked bump stop if you omit spacer. Unless you are trying to use +0 wheels, you might be able to safely install the 3/8" rear spacer in front without cutting the body. Note that you can swap these spacers with the coilover installed.

Last edited:

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at the specs on your shock travel, what about binding on the full droop? Do we need to add limiting straps given the length it travels? Cv binding has to be a concern on the drop…?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm running +0 offset wheels and 37's WITHOUT the limiters on my coilovers and didn't have many issues with my limited testing. I am hitting some trails this weekend and will report back any issues with stuffing the 37's into the fender.
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco PXL_20220810_230328441

Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco PXL_20220810_230252034

Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco PXL_20220810_230301576

Sponsored

Slickace1500

Badlands
First Name
Garan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list. Here 2dr badlands & Raptor 1/23
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice pics…👍🏻 Sway bar disconnected? Would love to see the driveshaft angles and a full turn droop if you can get photos while your wheeling…. I’m afraid given the extra length what it may be coming down there….

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice pics…👍🏻 Sway bar disconnected? Would love to see the driveshaft angles and a full turn droop if you can get photos while your wheeling…. I’m afraid given the extra length what it may be coming down there….
I plan to try and flex it out as much as possible and check clearances. I will try to get pics and report back.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to try and flex it out as much as possible and check clearances. I will try to get pics and report back.
what are you doing for tie rod bracing? Check you tie rod clearance. Lots of people in the other thread are having issues myself included.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what are you doing for tie rod bracing? Check you tie rod clearance. Lots of people in the other thread are having issues myself included.
Im stock tie-rods still. Im more worried about bracing the tierod and then just breaking the rack. I carry spare inners with me at all times. I posted in the other thread but I don't have any indications of them making contact.
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco PXL_20220823_193048913

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im stock tie-rods still. Im more worried about bracing the tierod and then just breaking the rack. I carry spare inners with me at all times. I posted in the other thread but I don't have any indications of them making contact.
Ford Bronco ICON Front & Rear Coilovers for Bronco PXL_20220823_193048913
Turn the wheel to full lock and compress
Sponsored