First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got these ordered! @Dusty at ICON I am actually nearby riverside. Is there any tire installation shops you recommend in Riverside that are familiar with how to mount these? Would be highly appreciated! :)

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got these ordered! @Dusty at ICON I am actually nearby riverside. Is there any tire installation shops you recommend in Riverside that are familiar with how to mount these? Would be highly appreciated! :)
Try The Wheel Shop on Lincoln Avenue in Riverside. It's right around the corner from ICON and it's where we have all of our tire and wheel work done.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON I have a question for you. Do the wheels come with extra o rings? I had them installed at a shop so I never got to see them boxed up and what they came with. Kinda peeved at this 4 wheel shop as I asked them what torque was for the pins and he replied, 100 ftlbs. I laughed and cried inside at his answer. Anyhow if they did come with a few then I need to talk to them again as they said they don’t. Thanks
Well, those won't fall out. I bet they used locktite too.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
nah, they were dry. i had to re-do all wheels, but 2 of 5 had anti seize. thinking two guys did the install. frustrating how we always have to follow up on others work that we pay for. i'm dealing with a crappy stealership at the moment over a bad battery.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nah, they were dry. i had to re-do all wheels, but 2 of 5 had anti seize. thinking two guys did the install. frustrating how we always have to follow up on others work that we pay for. i'm dealing with a crappy stealership at the moment over a bad battery.
Just start using them, and you'll forget all the trouble you've had. These did great on their inaugural run, at 12 psi, mud and ruts:

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology PXL_20230325_212251930

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh I've been impatiently waiting for some snow to go away so i can use them. still a ton of snow where i want to go in northern oregon

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh I've been impatiently waiting for some snow to go away so i can use them. still a ton of snow where i want to go in northern oregon
The snow and ice is primarily why I got these wheels - to air down to 5 PSI in order to claw outta that icy bog!!

I had fun with these yesterday though, at 12 PSI, on some easy-going but slightly muddy mud/rut trails here in northern California. Running 35" Mickey Thopmson MTs.

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology PXL_20230325_174949134

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
been eyeballing the 35" MT-MT's, i still have the OEM grabbers on there now as i decide what tire. how are you liking those meats?

i wish i could access some trails off the fire roads but the plows have made a huge wall that's impassable with my rig

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
why didn't you just get the lock ring from ford instead off all new wheels?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON, so you really didn’t answer my question. Other than saying you learned that icon does send extras. Guess I’ll just pay for something again that I’ve already paid for.

I read on your site that it’s recommended to swap them when changing tires. What’s your take on this? I understand they’re overkill and i deal with gases, fluids and pressures of all kinds daily being a pipe fitter by trade.
So how do you think I should handle this situation with not being given the extra rings? Also for shits and gigs I pulled a pin and they’re dry. So im a wee bit furious at these unskilled professionals. If they don’t correct it I’ll blast embut until then they’ll go nameless. If your a wrench then you should know about galvanic corrosion

I’m really tired of having to check on everyone I deal with to see if they’re doing their job
This is why I do everything myself. Can't trust anyone anymore! I'm sure there are good places and people that will do it right, but how do you find them. Dealers can't even do stuff right...

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh, i do almost everything myself, but it sucks when i'm outta state for work. back home i've a 30x40 barn stocked. I'm in Oregon until August when my apt lease is up. my garage here is a joke to work in. Then we're meandering back to MI after hitting moab, the ozarks and whatever is in between. figure it'll be about 14 days to get back and many jobs will be in full swing with battery plants and semiconductors. need more money to fund this and mountain biking.

Don't even get me going on dealers. Bronco has been in there 3 business days with no updates. It's in for the bad battery bs, but they're trying to say my amp install messed up the charging system. so tomorrow we're going to have a talk. I'm going to have them button it up and i'll get a battery myself. Call me when the part comes in for the driver window auto down bs. i've tried resetting it multiple times with no success.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why didn't you just get the lock ring from ford instead off all new wheels?
Have you actually used traditional bead lock wheels?

Now do this when you get to the trail. For all four wheels. Now after you're done on the trails undo all four wheels as it's not "legal" to drive with bead locks on the road.
Sponsored