First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Introducing Rebound PRO wheels with INNERLOCK Technology, from ICON Alloys!

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology johnchoi-moab07

photo courtesy of @broncoepic

Any hardcore off-road enthusiast knows the numerous benefits that lower tire pressures offer such as improved ride quality and a larger contact patch for increased traction. However, low pressures also increase the risk of de-beading the tire during extreme side loads or aggressive driving. While traditional beadlock wheels address this issue by clamping the tireā€™s bead, they also need frequent maintenance, require specialty tools/parts, increase rotational mass, and are NOT legal for on-road use.

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology johnchoi-moab07

The ICON Alloys Rebound PRO with patented INNERLOCK Technology offers the best of both worlds by using a robust bead retention system to keep the tire bead secured to the wheel while also being fully DOT compliant. This provides confidence in knowing that your wheels are prepared to tackle whatever situation you encounter - on or off the beaten path. InnerLock is ready for any type of terrain and every single adventure.

What Is InnerLock Technology?
Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) is an all-new way of capturing the tire bead and retaining it onto the wheel. InnerLock uses a series of O-ring sealed, hardened alloy pins that are inserted radially on the inner side of the tire bead to create a barrier that prevents the tire from unseating during extreme side loads. Additionally, InnerLock wheels are lightweight, strong, donā€™t require bolt retorquing, and are DOT compliant for the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance.

Used. Abused. Lab Approved.
During an accelerated R&D process ICON engineers subjected the Rebound PRO to thousands of miles of real-world abuse throughout harsh and unforgiving environments. After on-vehicle testing was concluded, the Rebound PRO was sent to an independent contractor for precise lab testing, specifically the FMVSS No.139 Tire Bead Unseat Resistance Test (modified to 10 psi). Results from multiple tests validated the effectiveness of ICONā€™s InnerLock technology by exceeding the mechanical limits of the machine (over 7600lbs load) without ever de-beading the tire.

lab-approved.jpg

Staying true to the ICON Alloys approach, the Rebound PRO has been engineered to maximize caliper clearance and optimize wheel position for un-hindered suspension travel and steering function. Backspace and wheel offset dimensions have been strategically developed to reduce scrub radius, improving all-around handling and ride quality. The Rebound PRO has also been strength tested to yield a 3,200lb load rating - making it one of the strongest wheel options on the market. With build features such as these, it's clear that a set of ICON Alloys wheels is the perfect complement to any truck, Jeep, or SUV.

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology lab-approved

KEY FEATURES
  • Engineered for DOT compliance
  • Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) provides the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance, ideal for the ā€œweekend warriorā€
  • Bead retention system features alloy pins that are removable, reusable, and replaceable
  • Hardened bead retention pins utilize SAE J1926 O-ring seals and are constructed from high strength alloy that is thermochemically treated for extreme corrosion resistance
  • Quick, easy, and safe tire installation and removal
  • Strategically placed hardware for maximum protection from trail damage
  • Compatible with a wide variety of tires without the need for any shims or special tools
  • Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance
  • Reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass (compared to a traditional beadlock) improves handling characteristics and vehicle dynamics
  • Aluminum alloy construction provides high-strength properties that are well suited for off-road use
  • Weighs 28 lbs fully assembled
  • Super strong 3200 lbs load rating
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology lab-approved

ICON Alloys Rebound Pro wheels are available in Bronze, Titanium or Satin Black, directly from ICON or through any of our Authorized Dealers.
Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those look great! When checking your fitment guide though, it says that it is not compatible with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 1633536610940

Will you be releasing a version for us?

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like that they are not glitzy. It's a very functional wheel with the benefit of being decent looking. I'll definitely consider these. šŸ‘

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look great! When checking your fitment guide though, it says that it is not compatible with the Bronco.

1633536610940.png

Will you be releasing a version for us?
Thanks for the question! The direct-fit one for Bronco will be the 25mm offset version, which should be in stock and on the website soon. I'm actually waiting for a set of these myself! That size tucks a 35" tire nicely into the stock non-Sasquatch flare (shown here with our soon-to-be-released leveling kit, on a Rebound non-Pro wheel, fully tucked with springs removed):

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 0BB504E9-4754-4847-A4EF-C3B24980D7EB

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 9063E274-198B-4AA4-B64A-E5E5AA343401

BUT our 0 offset Rebound Pros fit depending on your lift and flares. @EpicBronco is running the zero offsets on his Sasquatch Badlands with 35ā€™s. Those can be ordered now. Iā€™ll work on our web team to get that fixed in the applications guide.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Happy to see some progress on these! I emailed on 9/7 about the Bronco direct fit +25 / 93.1 hub and the estimated availability was 2 weeks...I am sure you are facing supply chain issues also.

Where are these wheels made?

Also, the 0 offset are a 106 hub correct? I read an article years ago from Icon talking about the importance of hub centric but maybe that was just for a particular vehicle you were fitting? I don't remember now...what are your thoughts on the hub centricity for the Bronco? Nice to have or you should definitely wait for.

I had the non-pro version on my 4Runner and loved them...still one of my favorites and the Pro version is what I will put on the Bronco.

Edit: like many I don't have my Bronco yet but feel remis not having a pile of parts in the garage! LOL

Edit, Edit: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy to see some progress on these! I emailed on 9/7 about the Bronco direct fit +25 / 93.1 hub and the estimated availability was 2 weeks...I am sure you are facing supply chain issues also.

Where are these wheels made?

Also, the 0 offset are a 106 hub correct? I read an article years ago from Icon talking about the importance of hub centric but maybe that was just for a particular vehicle you were fitting? I don't remember now...what are your thoughts on the hub centricity for the Bronco? Nice to have or you should definitely wait for.

I had the non-pro version on my 4Runner and loved them...still one of my favorites and the Pro version is what I will put on the Bronco.

Edit: like many I don't have my Bronco yet but feel remis not having a pile of parts in the garage! LOL
Like 99% of all cast alloy wheels on the market, ours are made overseas. ICON is proud that virtually all of our suspension and armor lines are manufactured here in the USA, in our own facilities. But the wheels are imported, though manufactured to our exacting specifications and tolerances.

For your question about hub-centric versus non, I have to admit I'm not well versed on that personally. My background is more in the armor side of the industry. And while I've been around ICON for years and worked with the company on several projects during that time, I'm relatively new to working here so I still need to brush up on the company "lore". I'll ask around and see if I can get some answers to those questions from our wheel experts!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The direct-fit one for Bronco will be the 25mm offset version, which should be in stock and on the website soon.
You should add this to the title and first post. Makes all the difference to folks that already crossed these off their shopping list due to +0.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't had traditional beadlock wheels before, I've been seriously considering yours to replace my Sasquatch wheels. I hear/understand traditional beadlocks require that the bolts be re-torqued every so often. What interval do you suggest this for your wheels?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was hoping alternative offsets were going to be done after looking at these plus really makes a difference with running some 35s on a non sasquatch Badlands which is the route I am going.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I haven't had traditional beadlock wheels before, I've been seriously considering yours to replace my Sasquatch wheels. I hear/understand traditional beadlocks require that the bolts be re-torqued every so often. What interval do you suggest this for your wheels?

Read his post

Additionally, InnerLock wheels are lightweight, strong, donā€™t require bolt retorquing, and are DOT compliant for the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance.

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did, must have missed it, thanks for pointing that out
I would probably take that with a grain of salt...this is a new product. The pic at the top of the gentleman in Moab you can see in one of his pics dirt gathered around one of the bolts in what appears to be an oil ring. I dont know if that is a slight leak or leftover oil from mounting but I would definitely keep my eye on them and expect to replace some of the o-rings from time to time. Then again, maybe they are flawless and you never have to touch them! And traditional beadlocks are typically heavy and very difficult to balance...I never really had an issue with the bolts needing retorqued that often, I am probably "that guy" and checked mine maybe once a year but more often would be on the trail and someone would say hey one of these bolts are loose...oh, then torque them all.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Weighs 28 lbs fully assembled
  • Super strong 3200 lbs load rating

Thanks for posting the weight upfront. So many manufacturers will claim that something is lightweight. But, never say the weight. They act as if it's g-14 classified (FBI type stuff).

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any plans to have them DOT approved and not just
  • "Engineered for DOT compliance"
Any plans to apply the bolt solution to the back bead

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

anyone done the research and found the retailer with the best price? $340 each is the best Iā€™ve found šŸ˜µā€
Sponsored