First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would probably take that with a grain of salt...this is a new product. The pic at the top of the gentleman in Moab you can see in one of his pics dirt gathered around one of the bolts in what appears to be an oil ring. I dont know if that is a slight leak or leftover oil from mounting but I would definitely keep my eye on them and expect to replace some of the o-rings from time to time. Then again, maybe they are flawless and you never have to touch them! And traditional beadlocks are typically heavy and very difficult to balance...I never really had an issue with the bolts needing retorqued that often, I am probably "that guy" and checked mine maybe once a year but more often would be on the trail and someone would say hey one of these bolts are loose...oh, then torque them all.
I'm the driver behind the wheel. I can confirm that there are no leaks to any of the wheels. The residue you see around the Innerlock pins is a combination of excess anti-seize paste applied on the thread and oil for the o-rings seeping out during installation. I've since washed the car/wheels and have not experienced build up like you see on the picture. The Bronco had approximately 1k miles on the ODO and less than 300 miles on the wheel/tire combo when I took it out to Moab. Although I've checked, I've not had a need to re-torque the pins.
Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm the driver behind the wheel. I can confirm that there are no leaks to any of the wheels. The residue you see around the Innerlock pins is a combination of excess anti-seize paste applied on the thread and oil for the o-rings seeping out during installation. I've since washed the car/wheels and have not experienced build up like you see on the picture. The Bronco had approximately 1k miles on the ODO and less than 300 miles on the wheel/tire combo when I took it out to Moab. Although I've checked, I've not had a need to re-torque the pins.
Awesome! Thank you!

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome! Thank you!
There are several YouTube videos explaining that they are DOT compliant and how to install and maintain the bolts.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are several YouTube videos explaining that they are DOT compliant and how to install and maintain the bolts.
Thanks but I think you might have meant that for someone else? I am not interested in DOT compliance and understand the maintenance. My point was these are new and you may have to replace the o-rings periodically which I believe is also stated in the mounting instructions plus other first version potential product issues.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks but I think you might have meant that for someone else? I am not interested in DOT compliance and understand the maintenance. My point was these are new and you may have to replace the o-rings periodically which I believe is also stated in the mounting instructions plus other first version potential product issues.
Understood. I just figured if someone is looking for bead lock wheels I would clarify that these are DOT compliant and way less maintenance, weight and cost. so a very good option. My apologies.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow a modern fancy wheel that doesnt look something a megatron coughed up. Awesome, can i get them in NOT black/dark?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would probably take that with a grain of salt...this is a new product. The pic at the top of the gentleman in Moab you can see in one of his pics dirt gathered around one of the bolts in what appears to be an oil ring. I dont know if that is a slight leak or leftover oil from mounting but I would definitely keep my eye on them and expect to replace some of the o-rings from time to time. Then again, maybe they are flawless and you never have to touch them! And traditional beadlocks are typically heavy and very difficult to balance...I never really had an issue with the bolts needing retorqued that often, I am probably "that guy" and checked mine maybe once a year but more often would be on the trail and someone would say hey one of these bolts are loose...oh, then torque them all.
While this is a fairly new product and only time will tell, we can make some pretty good assumptions about those o-rings. The o-rings themselves and the design of the machined bosses they seat into are from high pressure applications like hydraulics, which see thousands of PSI, constant cycling of pressure, and heating and cooling of the fluid. In this application, with compressed air of only 5 to 40 psi, relatively slow cycle times and temperature swings, the sealing method of the o-rings and bosses is extreme overkill. As a sealing method, the o-rings on the retainer pins along with the tire bead seated correctly on the inside of the rim, is far superior to clamping the inside of the tire to the outside of the rim with a series of bolts in single shear.

Any plans to have them DOT approved and not just
  • "Engineered for DOT compliance"
Any plans to apply the bolt solution to the back bead
There is actually no such thing as "DOT approved", in the sense that you mean it, as the US DOT does not do any sort of approval or certification of specific wheels. They just set the parameters of what types of designs are approved or not approved for highway use. And these wheels meet the approved parameters, while traditional beadlocks do not.

I haven't heard any plans to add pins to the back side. That side typically doesn't see the forces that lead to de-beading, in most off-road situations. While it can happen, it's very rare. That's why almost all beadlocks only lock the outer bead.

anyone done the research and found the retailer with the best price? $340 each is the best I’ve found 😵
It might be hard to find anyone undercutting our set retail prices as ICON maintains a MAP policy with our dealers in order to keep a level playing field between small shops and the big boys. Choose your favorite dealer based on customer service or who you choose to support, such as your local shops :)

Wow a modern fancy wheel that doesnt look something a megatron coughed up. Awesome, can i get them in NOT black/dark?
Haha I like that. I also prefer an elegant, functional-looking wheel instead of those megatron coughed up ones :) The three colors these are currently offered in are satin black, titanium and bronze.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any plans to offer an 18" +25 or so?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON can you give me the item number for the rebound pro in titanium if I wanted to use them on a Sasquatch Bronco with factory tires. I want to be sure I’m ordering the correct part number. Thanks.

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

While this is a fairly new product and only time will tell, we can make some pretty good assumptions about those o-rings. The o-rings themselves and the design of the machined bosses they seat into are from high pressure applications like hydraulics, which see thousands of PSI, constant cycling of pressure, and heating and cooling of the fluid. In this application, with compressed air of only 5 to 40 psi, relatively slow cycle times and temperature swings, the sealing method of the o-rings and bosses is extreme overkill. As a sealing method, the o-rings on the retainer pins along with the tire bead seated correctly on the inside of the rim, is far superior to clamping the inside of the tire to the outside of the rim with a series of bolts in single shear.
Thank you! That is great information and more then I had seen in any of the videos or on your site...very nice! And don't worry about me...several posts above I am already sold on these and plan to purchase!

Sponsored

Ingridthehorrible

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy 2500HD, 2008 Buell 1125R, 98 Buell S1W
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

There is actually no such thing as "DOT approved", in the sense that you mean it, as the US DOT does not do any sort of approval or certification of specific wheels. They just set the parameters of what types of designs are approved or not approved for highway use. And these wheels meet the approved parameters, while traditional beadlocks do not.

I haven't heard any plans to add pins to the back side. That side typically doesn't see the forces that lead to de-beading, in most off-road situations. While it can happen, it's very rare. That's why almost all beadlocks only lock the outer bead.

It might be hard to find anyone undercutting our set retail prices as ICON maintains a MAP policy with our dealers in order to keep a level playing field between small shops and the big boys. Choose your favorite dealer based on customer service or who you choose to support, such as your local shops :)

Haha I like that. I also prefer an elegant, functional-looking wheel instead of those megatron coughed up ones :) The three colors these are currently offered in are satin black, titanium and bronze.
Dusty,

Thanks for the reply, already knew US DOT doesn't approve any items, they just set standards that manufacturers are supposed to meet as you stated. Point of asking the question was to bring light to the subject as wheel manufacturers use various phrasing to imply that the are approved by the US DOT, which to ICON's credit didn't state DOT approved. In addition just so that everyone is aware there doesn't appears to be any US DOT performance or testing requirements, these are voluntary on the part of manufacturer or importer, and the the end buyer of said wheels products is aware that the aftermarket wheel industry is self policing themselves. With that said a competent wheel manufacturer or importer should be testing their wheels to insure they meet the SAE J2530 Standard for testing aftermarket wheels.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

still no listings for these on your website.
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology take money

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great news! ICON Rebound Pros with InnerLock Technology are now available in 25mm offset! This is the size that best matches the factory Sasquatch wheels. Part numbers have been added to the first post in our ICON Bronco Compatible Wheels thread. Currently you can not order them directly off of ICON's website but the sales department tells me you CAN order them through ICON Dealers. If your favorite ICON Dealer doesn't have them listed on their website yet you can contact them directly to inquire and order, as they can still pass the purchase order through to ICON even if they don't have the item listed on their page yet. And yes these are here in our warehouse now.

Here's what they look like on my personal Bronco, a 2-Door Base non-Sasquatch. This Bronco has an ICON level/lift (more info on that soon). The tires poke a bit with the non-Sasquatch flares and I think it looks just right. This is the Titanium finish.

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1627X.jpg
Sponsored