First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Want all this done before I get the Ziebart put on.
DON’T DO IT!!! Every car I’ve ever seen with Ziebart has rust underneath eating the car alive!!! I’m going to have mine sprayed with Krown, has worked well on my 2019 Silverado 2500. I did the brakes last night and all of the fasteners came apart with zero problems. The worst part about Krown is that it drips for a couple of weeks after it’s sprayed but, being in NY, the peace-of-mind knowing that the frame isn’t rusting from the inside will be worth the $150 every year (and I plan on having both the Silverado and the Bronco for a LONG time!).
Sponsored

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DON’T DO IT!!! Every car I’ve ever seen with Ziebart has rust underneath eating the car alive!!! I’m going to have mine sprayed with Krown, has worked well on my 2019 Silverado 2500. I did the brakes last night and all of the fasteners came apart with zero problems. The worst part about Krown is that it drips for a couple of weeks after it’s sprayed but, being in NY, the peace-of-mind knowing that the frame isn’t rusting from the inside will be worth the $150 every year (and I plan on having both the Silverado and the Bronco for a LONG time!).
I find these threads interesting. I've used Ziebart for generations and never had the problems you talk about. I keep vehicles a minimum of 12-15 years. All new vehicles I've owned have had Ziebart. Never had a rust issue. I had a 1995 Suburban for 22 years. It was in mint condition when I sold it. Had the re spray done every 2-3 years. Sorry you had issues. I have found the store that applies the undercoat makes a big difference. I will say there were GM vehicles back in the late 80's early 90's that used bad sheet metal. Those did rust, but Ziebart warned you about them before they sprayed your car.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on the dealer. Or more accurately the service writer and manager.
My dealer said they would still cover the truck. Gots to find a good dealer folks.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any updated Hoss 3.0 Tie Rod Ends? Is it worth it with the larger tie rod that comes with the 3.0 package?
Quinn at 74Weld has stated multiple times the HD tie rods that come with HOSS 3.0 racks are more than good enough, and that the ICONs aren't necessary if you're going that route. IOW, save your money if you already have HOSS 3.0 rack tie rods.

OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI it’s not a tie rod end, it’s a complete tie rod kit and It’s a good upgrade. Also get the $50 Rough Country steering rack bushing. I also carry a $15 spare Ranger tie rod just in case. You can get it all for less than the silly BroncBuster tie rod block that so many fell for lol.
Yea I know, humor me!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
vzqhsg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How was the installation? Did you need an alignment after? Just plug and play with factory rack?
you 100% should get an alignment after replacing a major part of your suspension/steering like that. Don't eye ball it. Get it done right. If you had the install done at a shop they should do the alignment, if you do it in your driveway, get an alignment as quickly as possible.