First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everything looks awesome. Has the Delta Joint PRO been used in any other applications or is this the 1st time? Really like the Delta Joint vs. uniball products that are available.
This is the first product that gets the new Delta Joint PRO. We already had it in development for our F150 Raptor kits, but these Bronco UCA's have made it to market first. While we've had great results out of our original Delta Joint, the PRO was designed to provide the increased articulation the Raptor arms would need, and we took the opportunity to beef it up and make several other improvements as well, such as making it fully rebuildable, with replaceable bearing races. When we figured out the geometry on the Bronco suspension we determined that it could also benefit from the improvements to the Delta Joint Pro.

Also, in case some were wondering, I found out yesterday that both our billet and tubular UCA's will fit with stock Sasquatch wheels and tires, also with our 25mm offset Rebound Pros with 35" tires. With 37's on Sasquatch wheels or 25mm Rebound Pros, the tubular arms clear but not the billet ones. So the billet will want our 0 offset Rebound Pros to run 37's.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're thinking of doing beefier tie-rods but you're right there are some nice ones already available elsewhere. But the steering rack is the real issue, and we don't do anything with rack-and-pinion assemblies so we're hoping for either a better factory upgrade or something beefier from the aftermarket, just like everyone else.

Yeah the stages are basically built around each of our different shock offerings: EXP, Internal Reservoir, External Reservoir, CDCV, CDEV, and with or without arms and UCA's for each. We'll have a chart that lists them all, along with pricing, when we do our product announcement for them. So there's really nowhere to go past 9, unless we do a true long travel Raptor-like kit with longer UCA and LCA's. But I can't really talk about the stuff being talked about deep in the ICON skunkworks though. I don't want to get disappeared LOL.
Totally understand keeping future business under wraps, just happy to hear that planning and design is underway. You boys make some seriously quality stuff that is durable and well fabricated; that’s more important than anything.

For the steering, yes I’ve heard about the issues there and hope Ford Performance comes with some upgrades over the next few years. Makes me wonder what the Raptor set up looks like and if it would even fit without much reconfig; time will tell.

Most of the components that’s us weekend warriors have concerns about have been addressed with your offerings. The pros can avoid the same bashings that I’d do to my rig, so when mistakes are made, having components that are less prone to breaking are where ICON excels, add to that the normal upgrades in ride quality and that’s why you guys were who I’ve been waiting for.

Can’t wait to see everything come together. Thanks for replying!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our closest competition to the stock Sasquatch Bilsteins will be our new EXP series shocks, which will be a replacement shock that re-uses the factory spring and mounts. It will have a 2.5" all-aluminum body so lots of fluid for better heat dissipation, ICON valving and fully rebuildable, with two fixed ride-height settings. And it will come in at quite a savings versus our complete coilover kits. So for those who want to upgrade a non-Sasquatch to a similar lift and better suspension, or those who want to upgrade their Sasquatch equipped Bronco, it will be a better way to do all of that than using spacer lifts, but at a significant savings versus complete coilover kits.

But yeah, the full coilovers with CDCV will be in the lineup too, as well as internal reservoir (at the bottom of our coilover line) all the way up to CDEV, our electronically controlled, on-the-fly systems.

Which factory springs will the EXP shocks be designed for as the Hitachi and Bilstein use different springs?

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first product that gets the new Delta Joint PRO. We already had it in development for our F150 Raptor kits, but these Bronco UCA's have made it to market first. While we've had great results out of our original Delta Joint, the PRO was designed to provide the increased articulation the Raptor arms would need, and we took the opportunity to beef it up and make several other improvements as well, such as making it fully rebuildable, with replaceable bearing races. When we figured out the geometry on the Bronco suspension we determined that it could also benefit from the improvements to the Delta Joint Pro.

Also, in case some were wondering, I found out yesterday that both our billet and tubular UCA's will fit with stock Sasquatch wheels and tires, also with our 25mm offset Rebound Pros with 35" tires. With 37's on Sasquatch wheels or 25mm Rebound Pros, the tubular arms clear but not the billet ones. So the billet will want our 0 offset Rebound Pros to run 37's.

what about a 285/70/17 on an et 55.... (Stock Badlands) tires and wheels?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which factory springs will the EXP shocks be designed for as the Hitachi and Bilstein use different springs?
Both, as far as I know. Full info on the EXP shocks will come when we announce them :)

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Killing me smalls. we need every technical specification now. :ROFLMAO:
LOL...I don't mind you asking! It brings the post back up to the top :cool:. Seriously though, if I can get answers to those questions before the general announcement, I'll be happy to relay them here.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Killing me smalls. we need every technical specification now. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't ask for every tech detail. Just if they are designed to use the factory Hitachi coilover springs or the factory Bilstein coilover springs. There is a difference. I suppose it would make the most sense to be designed to replace the Hitachi coilovers and use those springs, but I don't know, hence the reason I asked.

Every tech spec would be how much lift you get from each individual factory spring, since there are quite a few different ones.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't ask for every tech detail. Just if they are designed to use the factory Hitachi coilover springs or the factory Bilstein coilover springs. They is a difference. I suppose it would make the most sense to be designed to replace the Hitachi coilovers and use those springs, but I don't know, hence the reason I asked.

Every tech spec would be how much lift you get from each individual factory spring, since there are quite a few different ones.

Wasn't a dig at you bro. I like your posts.

I was just making a joke in general, because ALL of us want to know everything now, lol.

I was about to ask about if they increase travel, then made that remark.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wasn't a dig at you bro. I like your posts.

I was just making a joke in general, because ALL of us want to know everything now, lol.

I was about to ask about if they increase travel, then made that remark.
Yes, travel specs too!

Sorry to quote that to you. Just woke up and still haven't got my cup of coffee. Yeah, 4pm and I'm just getting out of bed. Don't judge.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm guessing you're asking about the stage kits?

A New Product Announcement on the full suspension kit stages, including all variants of our Bronco coilovers, is scheduled to go out to our dealer network on Friday. I will probably be posting the information here in this forum next week, but actually being able to order on our site will come some time later (that's a process I'm not a part of so it's hard for me to guess at an eta). It's likely that some of our dealers will beat us to posting about it publicly on their socials, adding the kits and components to their own websites, and being able to take retail orders.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've got the rear track bar ordered!
Looking forward to the specs on the coilovers. Will these be extended or mid travel coilovers? I'm really not that interested in lift but more travel than what the Badlands Bilsteins offer.
Sponsored