First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
These guys are legit, but ICON can only confirm it’s legit they offer it now @Dusty at ICON

https://www.polyperformance.com/icon-2021-ford-bronco-tie-rod-kit
We haven't sent out the official New Product Announcement to dealers yet. But I know some of our dealers are pretty excited about it from our sneak peeks and seeing them at SEMA, and some have started taking orders even ahead of our own product announcement. My guess is they may have secured allocations through our sales department, but I have no visibility into that data.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Solid like the full length RPG and others

6C15DA04-7CB1-4560-B02D-D4C6C5647309.jpeg
They can't be, because they use tie rod ends. The one piece like you show use rod ends, which means the taper in the knuckle must be drilled out to accept the bolt. I'd much prefer the longevity and service of the tie rod ends and the Icon parts.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can't be, because they use tie rod ends. The one piece like you show use rod ends, which means the taper in the knuckle must be drilled out to accept the bolt. I'd much prefer the longevity and service of the tie rod ends and the Icon parts.

No drilling the knuckle with the RPG setup. They use a tapered "bolt". They make great stuff, but the geometry on the Bronco Tie Rod Kit was so bad I sent mine back. Wwaaayyy too much Bump Steer.

I also am waiting for the Icon Tie Rod Kit.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey guys these have now been launched so I'm converting this from a Sneak Peek thread into our official product thread for these tie rods. The New Product Announcement for these went out to our dealer network this morning so you should start seeing them popping up on various websites soon, including our own. As for availability, the first batch is done and being packaged in our warehouse now, and first shipments should be going out within the next few days. We're not sure how much pent-up demand there is so keep an eye on ours or your favorite ICON dealers' website to order as early as possible. One other note before I paste in the text of the NPA below is that we brought a '23 Wildtrak in to the shop yesterday to confirm fitment with HOSS 3.0 equipment and it fits great. You have to stretch the boot slightly to get it over the end of the H3.0 rack but it works fine.

NEW PRODUCT
XD Forged Tie Rods for Ford Bronco

45212_Lifestyle01-1200w.jpg

ICON is proud to introduce our XD Forged Tie Rod Kit for the 6th Generation Ford Bronco. The strength limitations of the Bronco's factory steering tie rods has been well documented, especially by Bronco owners who venture into the big rocks with big tires. These ICON XD Forged Tie Rods remedy this with better materials and beefier dimensions than the stock units.

144037_144038_Bronco_TieRods_3QTR2_web_large.jpg

The inner tie rod and ball stud is CNC machined from 4140 chromoly. The adjustment threads, where we've seen most of the failures happen on stock tie rods, are 18mm on the XD Forged Tie Rods versus 14mm on stock Bronco tie rods and 16mm on HOSS 3.0 tie rods.

144037_144038_Bronco_TieRods_TOP2_web_large.jpg

The outer tie rod is forged steel and has the same shape as the stock tie rods for fitting all of the Bronco's factory wheel diameters and offsets, along with just about any aftermarket wheel. The tie rod end is a beefier, metal on metal joint that is greasable for extended service life. It has the same range of operating angle as the stock tie rod ends.

144037_144038_Bronco_TieRods_STRT_high_res-modified.jpg

• 45212 21-UP FORD BRONCO XD FORGED TIE ROD KIT

KEY FEATURES:
  • 30% larger diameter then factory HOSS 1.0/2.0 tie rods
  • Forged steel outer tie rod
  • 4140 chromoly inner tie rod and ball stud
  • Greaseable heavy duty automotive tie rod ends
  • Design to fit around factory wheel offsets
  • Includes replacement tie rod boots
TECH INFO
  • Works with OE HOSS1.0/2.0 and HOSS 3.0 steering racks
  • Not compatible with Bronco Raptor
  • Not compatible with aftermarket tie rod braces

45212_Installed01-1200w.jpg

Sponsored

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt Mustang, Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t see them on Icon’s website yet. Can they even be bought on Ivons websit?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t see them on Icon’s website yet. Can they even be bought on Ivons websit?
I'll refer you back to my post above LOL.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll refer you back to my post above LOL.
Dusty … I’m I missing something in your post? I have looked on the Icon website and can’t find them, maybe not on yet?? If they are can you give a link? 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dusty … I’m I missing something in your post? I have looked on the Icon website and can’t find them, maybe not on yet?? If they are can you give a link? 🤷‍♂️
Second sentence: "The New Product Announcement for these went out to our dealer network this morning so you should start seeing them popping up on various websites soon, including our own."

Translation, they will be on our website soon, but aren't yet on it right this minute. They will go up with our next data load, but I'm not on the web team so I can't give you an exact time for when that will be. Hopefully sometime today.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Second sentence: "The New Product Announcement for these went out to our dealer network this morning so you should start seeing them popping up on various websites soon, including our own."

Translation, they will be on our website soon, but aren't yet on it right this minute. They will go up with our next data load, but I'm not on the web team so I can't give you an exact time for when that will be. Hopefully sometime today.
Reading is great!

Going back through the thread there was some chatter on a potential for early release pricing on B6g, will that end up happening for the first production run?

• Haha
Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

VERY exciting…I’m in 😊

Ordered 9am: PolyPerformance.com

B8D98A15-5A73-43F8-BEDB-0BC5CAB0E326.png

F6D06FEB-515F-46CC-AFBC-4EADFB195829.png

909AFBCC-3FD7-4C58-B162-62FEB5CBC316.png

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At $350 I'm not even detecting much Bronco tax.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
At $350 I'm not even detecting much Bronco tax.
They ended up a bit higher than that at $399, but still less than replacement stock tie rods from Ford.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading is great!

Going back through the thread there was some chatter on a potential for early release pricing on B6g, will that end up happening for the first production run?
I don't remember saying that but I'm sure you can copy-paste some old quote LOL. But no, there is no introductory discount on these, that I'm aware of. We do have some current price promotions going on but they don't cover the tie rods.

Gettyup

Badlands
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Dusty .. Sorry, lost in translation. Thank You.
Sponsored