Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that need programming - can't you find a dealership that is willing to do it?

There's a local VW dealership that will sell and install any aftermarket item you want, including complete engines and tunes.
The very first time I took my car there I had an issue with my transmission. They asked if I was tuned and I said no, why? They said they would hook my car up to a different computer that didn't talk to VW!
Sponsored

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully agree, I may have to pay another $120 for an alignment... Not very happy about this. Guess I'll check to see if my wheels hit at full lock, if not I can swap them around next time I need an alignment.
Not sure if this is Nation wide but I went to my local Firestone tire service and they have a lifetime alignment option for $190. I asked about changing lifts later to see if it will still be covered under the lifetime policy. He told me that he has performance vehicles come in every three months to get a new alignment after install of new parts. Might be something to look into. I know I’m doing a level kit for now and lift later and they said it would be covered. Hell, you can knock out your alignment off road so it’s a no brainer for me

Last edited:

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if this is Nation wide but I went to my local Firestone tire service and they have a lifetime alignment option for $190. I asked about changing lifts later to see if it will still be covered under the lifetime policy. He told me that he has performance vehicles come in every three months to get a new alignment after install of new parts. Might be something to look into. I know I’m doing a level kit for now and lift later and they said it would be covered. Hell, you can knock out your alignment off road so it’s a no brained for me
Dang. I wish I would have known that.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So the long travel folkers are just adding a male/female 3" extension to the tie rod for the 3" wider A-arms. This could be done with Icon tie rods for the raptor in the 18mm size too...then ICON could sell the non-raptor tie rod for Braptor applications.

Here's a pic for an example.

If icon doesn't offer this I'll have it machined myself...Braptorizing the FE soon so this is one more part of the process.

Screenshot_20230318_065151_Chrome.jpg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same situation as you. Did you ever get a reply and or solution from Icon?
Other than Dusty’s reply within this thread, no not yet. I’m not waiting from them, I plan to just swap them ASAP.

Edit: As in take it into a shop and have it done, I’ll need an alignment anyway.

I tried to find replacement boot clamps this weekend. Of course the Ford version is back ordered for several weeks. I ordered a set just because. I also picked up some universal CV boot clamps from Napa, best I could find.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this is Nation wide but I went to my local Firestone tire service and they have a lifetime alignment option for $190. I asked about changing lifts later to see if it will still be covered under the lifetime policy. He told me that he has performance vehicles come in every three months to get a new alignment after install of new parts. Might be something to look into. I know I’m doing a level kit for now and lift later and they said it would be covered. Hell, you can knock out your alignment off road so it’s a no brainer for me
I'm sure that is a GREAT option, and I would 1000% be all of over that BUT I live in BFE. Nearest Firestone location is over an hour away...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That changes things for sure. My dealership won’t install the Hoss 3.0 rack for me because it didn’t come factory they said. I asked my service tech if he had looked at my bronco, since basically nothing on it is factory. The shop that installed my coil overs will do it but they can’t program it so I’m

So am I. The programming part is another 2-300 on top of everything else. I have someone from this forum that will program it but shipping on the rack isn’t cheap to get it to me after. Also you have to hope and trust that they will actually send it back to you. Not a cheap item to be trusting and hopeful about.

didn’t mean to hijack this thread
Ford Performance is supposed to release the 3.0 rack as an upgrade using the FP ProCal to program it. Was announced before SEMA, probably a couple years ago now.

Ford's been pretty punctual with Bronco, so I'd expect it by September... one of these years. :rolleyes:

If Ford takes much longer, I'll probably break and attempt to do the swap and programming myself.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Performance is supposed to release the 3.0 rack as an upgrade using the FP ProCal to program it. Was announced before SEMA, probably a couple years ago now.

Ford's been pretty punctual with Bronco, so I'd expect it by September... one of these years. :rolleyes:

If Ford takes much longer, I'll probably break and attempt to do the swap and programming myself.
Yep Ford performance doesn't really know what they're doing that for themselves, when I called them months back about the 5:38 gears from Spicer and some other things they were supposed to be offering like the performance steering rack they were Clueless and I specifically asked them if the new pro-cal tool would have these new Provisions built in for programming racks or adjusting the gear ratio and tire size per spicers conversation. And of course they responded with pure ignorance and Bliss. Yet, as I suspected, the new Pro Cal tool in the module section, shows the engine module and the power steering control module. (But not much else)How ironic. 🤪
So the provisions have been built into the procal tool already and are just waiting for some nerd at Ford performance to upload the steering PMI or Bim file to the database for later download to pro cal tools.

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine couldn't get my bronco aligned. They wanted me to drive around with my steering wheel about 10 degrees off.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine couldn't get my bronco aligned. They wanted me to drive around with my steering wheel about 10 degrees off.
That’s BS. I’d be calling customer service

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s BS. I’d be calling customer service
That is the Firestone customer service.

Believing that you're getting a quality alignment from that place, at that price is where the vehicle owner should know better.

That place has been doing piss-poor alignment work for decades. Having tracked cars for decades, I've seen a few people over the years with Firestone's "incredible lifetime alignment deal", and it doesn't work out well, or cheap, in the long run.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the Firestone customer service.

Believing that you're getting a quality alignment from that place, at that price is where the vehicle owner should know better.

That place has been doing piss-poor alignment work for decades. Having tracked cars for decades, I've seen a few people over the years with Firestone's "incredible lifetime alignment deal", and it doesn't work out well, or cheap, in the long run.
Live and learn I guess. I won’t be going back to that place. Good thing I didn’t have my Bronco yet and pay for the lifetime alignment.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed my new ICON tie rods today...

these are WELL BUILT and definitely bigger and stronger than even the Hoss 3.0 tie rods, or Braptor tie rods.

IMHO these are the BEST tie rod option available at this time.

Everything fit perfectly EXCEPT for the smaller hoss 1/2 boot will NOT fit correctly on Hoss 3.0 housing. the housing is substantially bigger and stronger. ICON, you need to offer a bigger boot for the folks that have the H3 racks....or a Wildtrak.

of course the L and R marks are BACKWARDS as mentioned, no biggie unless your drunk or dumb during install. just install them in the same orientation are the ones you removed.
left to right pics....hoss 1/2 , hoss 3 middle, ICON on far right.

overall satisfactory, but boots need improvement @Dusty at ICON

while your making the bigger boot to fit the WT3 (and most likely the Braptor too), might as well build a inner joint with a 3" longer threaded shaft for the Braptor and the long travel folks....

also the clamps are junk, thin and weak. not using them as any water or mud entry is disaster for my fancy WT3 rack.

why not offer a upgraded HD boot as well? too much at risk here for a poor boot design. we need a better boot than OEM, not worse!!!
Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods 20230405_210657

Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods 20230405_210631

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those that need programming - can't you find a dealership that is willing to do it?

There's a local VW dealership that will sell and install any aftermarket item you want, including complete engines and tunes.
The very first time I took my car there I had an issue with my transmission. They asked if I was tuned and I said no, why? They said they would hook my car up to a different computer that didn't talk to VW!
no almost zero dealership has the ability or the motivation to do the H3 rack programming. they don't have the instructions or understaning.

I do get a FEW dealership techs contacting me for the programming instructions each month tho.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door