Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s like another 1/4 cubic ft! Seriously though, still wish I could just the take seats out and put um back in in under a minute. Would’ve been a feat of engineering to behold. Maybe for the 8g.
Sponsored

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unless there is some unavoidable structural design reason its baffling why Ford wouldn't be able to accomplish this seat folding again in the new Bronc.
Go back and compare the height of the Bronco II’s seats to the height of the new Bronco’s. You can’t get a flat load floor in a Bronco II if the rear seat was as tall as the seats on a modern SUV.

Two things will determine the rear seat’s ability to fold flat:

1. The height of the seat and its position relative to the back of the front seat. If the seat won’t fold flat, you’ll have to move it backwards until it’s able to do so. Now you’re eating into the rear cargo space. Even if you’re willing to sacrifice the space, you still have another problem...

2. The shape of the floor—it’s not arbitrary. It’s primarily dictated by what’s beneath it. Who here would rather have Ford create a less than optimal suspension in exchange for a flat load floor?

I doubt the designers sat down and made a conscious decision to not even try to make everything fold flat. We don’t even know if it can or not, so there’s still a chance this is a much ado about nothing. If it‘s not possible, it’s because there was a trade-off to be made. I’m genuinely curious to know what everyone’s willing to sacrifice to get this.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I doubt the designers sat down and made a conscious decision to not even try to make everything fold flat. We don’t even know if it can or not, so there’s still a chance this is a much ado about nothing. If it‘s not possible, it’s because there was a trade-off to be made. I’m genuinely curious to know what everyone’s willing to sacrifice to get this.
All good points. As much as Ford apparently put into every other aspect we know about, I would bet they did as much as could be done given proper priorities. Another way to get flat seats is to use thinner cushion materials. I'm not even sure how I would prioritize having less comfortable seats for occasional passengers vs. occasional folded seats. And my priorities might not be the same as someone else's.

I'd be fine if the back seat folds flat even if it's at a height higher than the cargo area behind them. At least then items would be less likely to toss around.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure that it was said that while the headrests for the two door fold up when the seats fold, the ones on the 4 door fold down. That could’ve been wrong though.
I believe you are correct.
Sponsored