Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 minutes to remove...20 minutes to replace???

Why in the world is Ford telling us "they're not designed to be removed"?
They probably mean it's not like minivans where they can be easily be removed / installed with 0 tools.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They probably mean it's not like minivans where they can be easily be removed / installed with 0 tools.
I feel'ya on dog concerns. The 2-door has plenty of room...I'm just worried the cargo floor will be like a minefield for twisted legs & cut pads.
Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space 1597160033820

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel'ya on dog concerns. The 2-door has plenty of room...I'm just worried the cargo floor will be like a minefield for twisted legs & cut pads.
Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space 1597160033820
Yea if the space is sufficient for the dog I'll build my own false platform / tailgate / roof top storage since the tailgate shown is only for 4 door. It should reduce the risk of all the obstacles as well.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, that's not bad at all. When they opened the trunk it more than I was expecting, even though I was already expecting it would be more than the 2-door JL.

And being able to put just one of the back seats down is awesome, too.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bronco II wheelbase: 94 in Length: 12.75 ft width: 68 in
2021 2D wheelbase: 100 in Length: 14.4 ft Width: 76 in

So new Bronc slightly larger, unless the roll cage interferes some how, the space with seats down (or removed) should be plenty.
Unless you're going to the home center for plywood etc...wrong truck for the job.
Yes it is larger but the seats in the rear of a BII folded completely flat and level with the load floor, IDK why they couldn't accomplish this with the new Bronco. Very sad, but I'm still getting one!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sheesh....It cannot be smaller than the Bronco II, which I had an '88 for 12 years -- When the seats were upright - yeah, not great space behind but certainly usable. But tumble the seats & the area WAS flat -- & you COULD put a shit load of stuff piled in there....I kept it that way most the time, was really a lot of space that way. And yes some brutal camping, all the big old style super heavy monster Coleman tents, giant coolers -- it all fit.
This

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just wanted to ask to what level all of your gear needs to be tied down when you're off-roading?

There are more than a few comments on here about total cargo storage but if you're going off-road doesn't all of that have to be securely tied down, so you would want to pack minimally? A commenter on here posted the pic of his Wrangler trunk fully loaded and it's also secured against theft, which is another consideration.

Traction boards and the like will go on the roof rack, but your big ass cooler and yurt seem overkill for an adventure weekend.

The 2-door seems easily large enough for myself and a buddy to go camping in the desert for a few weeks with all our gear and that is entirely off-grid without access to any supplies or fresh water.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the cargo space sufficient for most people most of the time, sure

But the bronco is a big friggin box, does anyone have a great reason why this should have so much less cargo flexibility than a tiny Honda fit? Compared to other vehicles of similar footprints the bronco is not good enough, it's the inferior folding seat that really ruins the cargo capacity

Going to a bronco sacrifices a lot of on road manners, ride, handling, braking, mpg, noise and I guess it's a sacrifice of cargo too.....

If they just designed/engineered the rear seat fold better they'd really have a winner on their hands.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But the bronco is a big friggin box, does anyone have a great reason why this should have so much less cargo flexibility than a tiny Honda fit? Compared to other vehicles of similar footprints the bronco is not good enough, it's the inferior folding seat that really ruins the cargo capacity
I'll give it a stab!

• Body on frame construction
  • off-road requirements
  • underbody protection
  • suspension articulation and space requirements
  • durability and reliability is more important than a "magic seat" in a vehicle which has a total load rating of less weight than 4 average Americans sitting in a car which seats 5.....
  • Aerodynamic drag is bedfellow to a taller vehicle

I think your REAL question (or at least the smart question) is "Why is the Honda Fit so terrible 4-wheeling? Why does it absolutely suck balls as a rock climber? What modification would I need to make so that my Fit not only eats face at Race Wars, but also claims the Rubicon as it's trail-lover?"

You know, since you're comparing apples to apples, the question above is very valid (in whatever land your arguments come from).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First, I'm not complaining about the size. I think once I get the rear seats out it will be plush.

Some of you though obviously don't use your off road vehicle the same way I do. When two of us head out for a week backpacking trip, it's a heck of a lot of gear. First is the gear needed to get the vehicle out of where we are taking it. No cell phone. No AAA. Some recovery gear, tools, chainsaw, etc. Two large packs, extra boots, water, food, etc.

Three of us just went to Montana for a week in the back country and it all wasn't fitting in the back of the 2 door.

Then I just look in my truck and see what I have in there on a daily basis. Quite a bit of stuff. I'm off road weekly and prepared. I'm also the guy people come to to ask if they can borrow something or need help with something because they don't have jack.

I get it that many of you will just haul yourself back and forth to work with the occasional grocery trip thrown in and are more concerned with where to stick your door for the Saturday drive around the block doorless, but some of us have other plans for this off road vehicle.

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s pretty good for a 2 door. That’s more space than a 2 door civic coupe trunk (which I’ve camped out of with 4 people).

The narrowness makes sense because the wheel-wells are absolutely massive, so looks like they gave up some cargo area in order to make the Sasquatch package work, I’m good with that.

with a hardtop on, it looks like there is enough room for a cooler and 4 backpacks, which is more than enough for a short trip.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So much angst over storage. If you need that much room in the back, buy a truck. If you need more space in your Bronco get a hitch haul. If you need even more, get a roof rack.

This isn't rocket surgery. If you need a family vacation hauler, the 2dr isn't likely to be the right vehicle for the job.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll give it a stab!

• Body on frame construction
  • off-road requirements
  • underbody protection
  • suspension articulation and space requirements
  • durability and reliability is more important than a "magic seat" in a vehicle which has a total load rating of less weight than 4 average Americans sitting in a car which seats 5.....
  • Aerodynamic drag is bedfellow to a taller vehicle

I think your REAL question (or at least the smart question) is "Why is the Honda Fit so terrible 4-wheeling? Why does it absolutely suck balls as a rock climber? What modification would I need to make so that my Fit not only eats face at Race Wars, but also claims the Rubicon as it's trail-lover?"

You know, since you're comparing apples to apples, the question above is very valid (in whatever land your arguments come from).
The real issue will be that bronco's in general will never go off road, just like most Corvettes will never see a track

Most folks will only see the bronco's shortcomings and compromises and not benefit from the off road capability

I hope that ford studied hard to make the right level of compromise that appeal to both enthusiasts and regular folks because there aren't enough enthusiasts around to make bronco profitable. It's a cool truck and I hope it's successful but ford isn't just fighting wranglers here, they're fighting vs CR-V and RAV4 too

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...eep-wrangler-rubicon-vs-2020-toyota-rav4-trd/

I just wish the 2dr had storage ability commensurate with it's size, it doesn't need to be a minivan

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No torch needed. All seats just bolt in. There are 4 bolts and it’s out.

I design seat assembly machinery for a living. I actually designed equipment to assemble these specific seats. We assembled the lower H frame section which is made up of the tracks that bolt to the floor as well as the towel bar assembly and seat cushion frame. The seats are pretty much identical frame wise to a ranger seat. These come from Magna at their plant in Canada actually.

Someone mentioned rear seat tilt. I don’t recall a rear seat tilt back from the normal position but if there is it’s not a lot. Only 1st row seats do a full tilt rear in vehicles typically. 2nd row or 3rd row tilt is only a small degree if it’s offered from what I have worked with.
Whoa my man, sounds like you have a wealth of very helpful information for a lot of hyperventilating 2-door reservation holders (not me...I'm getting this thing regardless). You ought to start your own Q&A thread...

... if you did, my first question would be whether you can tell us anything about how the rear seats fold in the 2-door. Seems like there's a lot of misinformation out there, including pictures showing a very steep rise in the cargo space when the seats are folded down. I know a lot of dogs out there would be relieved to learn that the 2dr's rear sets actually fold down to near-level (even if there's a step-up from the rear cargo area to the back of the folded down seats).

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So much angst over storage. If you need that much room in the back, buy a truck. If you need more space in your Bronco get a hitch haul. If you need even more, get a roof rack.

This isn't rocket surgery. If you need a family vacation hauler, the 2dr isn't likely to be the right vehicle for the job.
I don't need a family hauler, but would love to be able to have my medium-sized dog back there with a bit of cargo or a small cooler...we shall see.
Sponsored