Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if the interiors are not set in stone they should work hard to make the rear seats fold flush

it would be instant buy for me but right now its 4 door
Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe you’re right?
There was some discussion early on in another thread when we were dissecting the image, I can’t remember how 50qt came to be.
It would be easy to look at the specs of each and the other published info we have from Ford already and figure it out.
Without knowing the height of the cargo area I can't be sure - they are the same footprint.

I just know that in my VW, the 37qt comes almost up to the top of the seat backs. It's the perfect size. Bronco may technically have a deeper area back there though since the rear seats on the 2-door don't fold flat (trunk floor is lower).

VW Golf Alltrack, Overland Edition :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space IMG_9064

Ford Bronco ICYMI: Good look at 2 Door Bronco trunk size / cargo space ARB

Bronco24

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After seeing this, I'm definitely getting the 2 door, if need be I'll get a roof rack and use the tie down points on the hood if I need to put camping gear up there.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear people saying that somehow you sacrifice the load floor to get off-road capability. Not sure I buy that so much, given there are plenty of solid off-roaders who also have good rear load floors. The FJ Cruiser comes to mind, which although not flat had a load floor that was exceptionally usable for the kind of adventures Toyota thought their buyers would go on.

I don't think its an impossible feat of engineering, just an over-looked one. I also don't think its unreasonable for people to be disappointed if they don't have that in the Bronco, even if they still love the platform.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm getting the 2 door I really don't care about how much cargo it'll hold. All I need is room for a couple of coolers.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've seen it mentioned here and in a couple of videos that the interiors aren't set in stone yet. People may be speculating on things that may or may not be as seen when production starts.
There is no speculating except the few hoping things will operate different in production. At this point they are not going to make any major changes. And the only thing that will separate production unit from these is fit, materials, and finish.

Think about it this way, the plant needs to be tooled to produce these things and start cranking em out in a few months. They aren't about to change something that requires months in itself to test out.

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear people saying that somehow you sacrifice the load floor to get off-road capability. Not sure I buy that so much, given there are plenty of solid off-roaders who also have good rear load floors. The FJ Cruiser comes to mind, which although not flat had a load floor that was exceptionally usable for the kind of adventures Toyota thought their buyers would go on.

I don't think its an impossible feat of engineering, just an over-looked one. I also don't think its unreasonable for people to be disappointed if they don't have that in the Bronco, even if they still love the platform.
Hear Hear! 4Runner, Xterra, XJ, Wranglers since at least the TJ, All have rear seats that allow a flat, stepless, load floor when the rear seats are folded and all of them pretty much kick butt off road.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without knowing the height of the cargo area I can't be sure - they are the same footprint.
I think them being the same footprint is the takeaway here. That square footage is really what people are trying to get a sense for when discussing the 2-door cargo area.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure I'll havre an occasional "Oh shit, that won't fit moment" but I know that going in.....2DR looks like plenty of space for me and I prefer the look of it

Sponsored

JayKrup

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing this, I'm definitely getting the 2 door, if need be I'll get a roof rack and use the tie down points on the hood if I need to put camping gear up there.
Goose Gear or American Adventure Lab will come through with something.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think them being the same footprint is the takeaway here. That square footage is really what people are trying to get a sense for when discussing the 2-door cargo area.
That pic of the 2 door reinforces my selection of the 4-door. Pretty sure my ARB will fit the long way (rotated 90 degrees from the 2-door pic), and still have more than enough room for the dog bed next to it. Now if I weren't hauling children as well, the 2 door would be more than adequate.

ReeceMann

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have a 4 door reservation. After seeing this I’m definitely going with the 2 door. This video is exactly what I needed to see.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the Topic that caused me to quit lurking and post a reply. I put the $100 towards the opportunity to order a 2 door Black Diamond. I purchase 2 door vehicles when possible because I like them better and rarely have passengers. I will post my experience with the different vehicles I have owned and what I liked/dis-liked about the rear seating cargo area near the end of this post (rant).

I use this style vehicle for hunting, shooting sports, retriever training, running errands and shopping trips (daily use) that do not require the capacity of my F250 Superduty. I want a FLAT usable cargo space. I want to be able to expand that cargo space (remove or reposition seats) so it is equally FLAT. Flat is defined by me as parallel to the surface I and driving on. I do not understand why anyone would want to settle for less than that simple concept. The platform raising the cargo floor the 4 door Bronco is an example of this, and before it gets pointed out by someone, I prefer 2 door vehicles and will not consider the 4 door.

A few imple reasons to have a flat cargo area:

1. It is much easier to load cargo on a flat surface. Items can be stacked and positioned better.

2. Cargo stays where it is placed much better. If it is sitting on an inclined surface every bump in the road causes it to shift to the bottom of the incline. Gravity always win this battel.

3. It is easier to protect expensive gear when it stays where I put it.

4. Items are less likely to spill and/or leak when set of a level surface.

5. I want my dog box level. It keeps the dog comfortable; it keeps the water and dirt from him in the box.

Different vehicles of similar design I have owned in the past and my likes/dislikes of the cargo area: (No particular order to this list. I included my wife’s 4 door vehicles because of similarities and my experience with them.)

1950 Jeep - A small but flat cargo area and no seat. Needed a bit more space but worked well for me

1969 Jeep – A slightly larger flat cargo area and no seat. It worked well for me

1997 Wrangler – slightly larger flat cargo area. Fold and tumble seat, which I remove and never had in vehicle. Worked great for me 100% satisfied after removing seat belt hardware from floor.

2005 Wrangler – Same as above

2016 Wrangler 2 Door (current) - slightly larger flat cargo area. Fold and tumble seat, which I remove and never had in vehicle. I am 99% satisfied 2 large seat mount hoops prevent floor from being 100% flat bay under floor storage is nice.

1996 Explorer 2 Door – Flat cargo area with 50/50 split seats that folder flat at same height as cargo floor. This expanded the cargo to a very nice flat roomy cargo area with a quick drop of the seats. I was 90% satisfied with this arrangement. The 10% dissatisfaction was that dirt from cargo worked its way onto the seats when they were folded down. I was constantly cleaning them to properly maintain the vehicle to my standards.

2005 Ford Escape 4 Doors (wife’s rig) – Flat cargo area with 60-40 seats that folded flat at same height as cargo floor. This expanded the cargo to a very nice flat roomy cargo area with a slower drop of the seats. The headrests had to be removed with no place to stow them. This gave me an 80% satisfaction for the dirt on seats same as my Explore above. 10% more dissatisfaction came the fact it was a 4 door and I just left the headrests in the basement of the house.

2013 Outback 4 doors (wife’s rig) – Flat cargo area with 60- 40 seat that folded almost flat almost level with cargo area. Large amount cargo space with lots of room but the approximately 5 degrees of slope towards and approximately 2 inches above cargo floor was annoying. The seats did fold very quickly but again dirt worked its way onto the folded seats. The seatbelts almost got out of the way of the cargo. This arrangement left me 75% satisfied.

2019 Forester 4 door (wife’s current rig) – Flat cargo area with 60- 40 seat that neither folds flat or level with cargo area. The 10-15 degree slope and 4” drop drives me nuts every time I want to carry larger items. I think this is really unacceptable situation. Subaru states it is a fold flat cargo area what a joke. The seatbelts are worse that the outback also.

I think the new 2 door Bronco should be on par with the Jeep wrangler 2 door at best and equal to the 2 door Explorers of past.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
10 minutes to remove...20 minutes to replace???

Why in the world is Ford telling us "they're not designed to be removed"?
”not to be removed” in the same sense as the engine is not designed to be removed. Doesn’t mean it can’t be removed, just means it’s not meant to normally be removed like a floor mat
Sponsored