Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Strategery.

In all seriousness, I have no direct info that OKTB is tied to this release... the dots seem to connect okay.

I was told to expect OKTB as soon as last Fri/Today. The final hold up - the closure line sequence timing - was apparently addressed last week. If we don't hear of it being issued tomorrow, I'll be concerned if news doesn't come this week.

As an aside, late news tonight that the 2 door floorpan issue has been addressed with modifications to the transport racks. 2 door delays are completely due to roof supply issues. More info tomorrow, I'm sure.
Thanks, Ross. I wanted to highlight that statement as it doesn't have to be. There is no factory option soft top for 2-dr buyers. Just because Webasto doesn't offer a soft top for the 2-dr doesn't mean Ford can't alleviate the constraint. They should give the option to buy the BesTop Fastback soft top instead of the MIC. It doesn't have to be at an equal price point. They can certainly upcharge the cost difference, but at least give the option.

Thanks again for continuing to provide what information that you can.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are we celebrating? Webasto plant fully operational?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks, Ross. I wanted to highlight that statement as it doesn't have to be. There is no factory option soft top for 2-dr buyers. Just because Webasto doesn't offer a soft top for the 2-dr doesn't mean Ford can't alleviate the constraint. They should give the option to buy the BesTop Fastback soft top instead of the MIC. It doesn't have to be at an equal price point. They can certainly upcharge the cost difference, but at least give the option.

I was watching a new Wayalife video the other day. They bought a new two door wrangler sport, and Eddie says there are regulations specifically for the two door that restrict Jeep from selling soft tops until some number of hard tops have been sold. (Roughly 7:45 mark.)

I wonder if the two door Bronco only comes with a hard top for the same reason - in which the only fix is Webasto getting their shit together.

Sponsored

alivecchi003

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A million times this.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was watching a new Wayalife video the other day. They bought a new two door wrangler sport, and Eddie says there are regulations specifically for the two door that restrict Jeep from selling soft tops until some number of hard tops have been sold. (Roughly 7:45 mark.)

I wonder if the two door Bronco only comes with a hard top for the same reason - in which the only fix is Webasto getting their shit together.

Thanks for that cued up link. Interesting footnote. I wonder what the actual regulation/threshold that needs to be met? I still think the bean-counters could figure out the appropriate costs and charge for the option after the threshold is met to alleviate any constraint.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was expecting to see a Bronco coming off the line and the workers going wild.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I alone in thinking that was just lame? Nothing new, nothing exciting, q&a was so awkward it was cringey.
Yeah, I was anticipating more, but it was ok.

All I noticed was the pallets and pallets of parts behind them; it’s like they were trying to make a point or something.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exact
I was expecting to see a Bronco coming off the line and the workers going wild.
Exactly. Not some video that was put together a few months ago. Sorry but the line, “ it is so easy to get behind the wheel of a new Bronco”, did nothing but increase my level of dismay. Whoever allowed that line to be part of the video should be shown the reservation list and provided the numbers of folks NOT getting their Bronco anytime soon.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was a big waste of 8 minutes

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, the debbie downers on this site are getting old. Piss and moan, piss and moan.
I just don't understand why the detractors even come to a site such as this which is inherently meant for enthusiasts.
I wish more would subscribe to the adage, "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all".

I rather enjoyed the short video which demonstrated the pride the workers are taking in being a part of building the Bronco. (that IS important to it's overall reliability and integrity).
Sponsored