Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These should be the same pair that just left Tacoma and are a known quantity, but if anyone has any requests drop them here. I'll update with my experience tomorrow evening.

5/2 update. Just got back. It was a nice enough event. They had some decent freebies. A bunch of nice EBs to look at.

Cactus Gray looks very nice in person. I have been critical of it because it seemed bland in pictures. Not for me but many of you will love it.

I fit perfectly in these. Very comfortable. Not as big as I remembered from the first viewing. I still maintain it could be 6" narrower but it's OK as it is.

As mentioned before, no keys, but I chatted up Otto from OBL and he obliged my request to check out door removal and parking brake operation.

Grab handles - they're all flimsy, not just the center console one. For that matter, almost everything plastic felt kind if cheap and unstable. I accept it.

Lighting - I'm all in on sig lighting but standard lights looked super nice in person too, don't feel bad about them.

Grilles - the unpainted BD was textured, the painted OBX was smooth.

HLIP - if it's the dash, there was no real difference in texture and sound. Both sounded like thin plastic when rapped on. The BD had that same plastic on the upper door card while the OBX was MGV wrapped.

Lift - I measured 6" from axle to frame on both.

Parking brake. It's a very audible electric sound when it actuates. It cannot be turned off without the key fob around. Great for doorless operation.

Door hinges - I noticed poor paint coverage on both the door side and body side of the hinge. It wasn't overspray, it was e-coat showing through. It wasn't bad enough to bother me though.

More pictures to come on page 2 with descriptions.

Ford Bronco Idaho Bronco Event May 1st IMG_20210502_114729874
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

80 minutes to go. My current check list is

Emergency brake functions

manual seat adjustment range

high level instrument panel

HD bumper bull bar measurements

BD and OBX suspension measurements to compare lift heights to the BL and Sasquatch another guy took last week.

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Door hinge overspray/underspray.
  • ASMR scratch, tap, & sniff test of the instrument panel & doors.
  • PDF download of the draft owner’s manual.

;)

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MyView from the instrument panel pls.
80 minutes to go. My current check list is

Emergency brake functions

manual seat adjustment range

high level instrument panel

BD and OBX suspension measurements to compare lift heights to the BL and Sasquatch another guy took last week.
MyView from the instrument panels pls. I wish there was another tachometer option lol

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just left the event, cut short by rain. No Sasquatch package to look at, no keys to look at everything turned on. Stock Black Diamond and an Outer Banks were the only Broncos to see. I did love the MGV and really wish I could have seen a Sasquatch package. Is it worth $60000?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just left the event, cut short by rain. No Sasquatch package to look at, no keys to look at everything turned on. Stock Black Diamond and an Outer Banks were the only Broncos to see. I did love the MGV and really wish I could have seen a Sasquatch package. Is it worth $60000?
Yep, I was just there and was turned away, told to come back tomorrow, no need to re-register. She said they're on the road for another 6 weeks still and didn't want to be sick after getting soaked.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I was just there and was turned away, told to come back tomorrow, no need to re-register. She said they're on the road for another 6 weeks still and didn't want to be sick after getting soaked.
Dammit!!! We could have had a definitive answer to the instrument cluster Dash pad conspiracy lol

Ford Bronco Idaho Bronco Event May 1st ryan-reynolds-goddammit

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dammit!!! We could have had a definitive answer to the instrument cluster Dash pad conspiracy lol

Ford Bronco Idaho Bronco Event May 1st ryan-reynolds-goddammit
Shooting for 10-11am tomorrow. We will prevail!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW I'm attending with my brother. I'm 6ft, 220, he's 6'7" and something around 300, so we should have varied opinions. I should post a picture of us on the way in my Focus, I'm quite comfortable and he's folded like a pretzel.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW I'm attending with my brother. I'm 6ft, 220, he's 6'7" and something around 300, so we should have varied opinions. I should post a picture of us on the way in my Focus, I'm quite comfortable and he's folded like a pretzel.
I'm 5'11 and 230.. pretty wide. I have zero problems in the ranger... Comfortable in it so I'd expect you'd be the same in the Bronco!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 5'11 and 230.. pretty wide. I have zero problems in the ranger... Comfortable in it so I'd expect you'd be the same in the Bronco!
I like cozy cars. I nearly bought a ND Miata before reserving my Bronco. I loved how it fit me.

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tricky Dick yep those are the ones I sat in on 4/22. I'd like to see what your take is on the manual vs. powered driver's seat range of motion. The powered seat in the OBX seemed more limited than the manual in the BD. Most everything else at this point would require they let you turn on the vehicle electronics (how the ambient foot lighting looks, if there's any video lag when scrolling through the GOAT modes [seems like it in YouTube videos I've seen], and how the A/C feels.

Anyhow, have fun; I know sitting in it was a crucial factor for me in making my reservation.

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let your brother know the NFL draft is still going if he’s interested 😂

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Tricky Dick yep those are the ones I sat in on 4/22. I'd like to see what your take is on the manual vs. powered driver's seat range of motion. The powered seat in the OBX seemed more limited than the manual in the BD. Most everything else at this point would require they let you turn on the vehicle electronics (how the ambient foot lighting looks, if there's any video lag when scrolling through the GOAT modes [seems like it in YouTube videos I've seen], and how the A/C feels.

Anyhow, have fun; I know sitting in it was a crucial factor for me in making my reservation.
If what Saskwah said holds and there are no keys available that would be unfortunate. I don't recall anyone mentioning that in other event reviews.

I might have to start buttering them up and begging.

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So probably the same ones coming to Denver on the 30th
Sponsored