wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks Scott, I never even thought about that and I would be ticked if they attach a dealership name on my Bronco. I'll check with Corwin.
Sponsored

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Spoke with Corwin and they said if you ask them not to put there name plate on they won't. If you don't ask it will be on your new Bronco.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike White Ford of CDA - ask for Peter. per email/phone call - He said and confirmed that they will accept X-plan. He said they are not competing with large volume dealerships...
[/QUOTE
ā˜what he said

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For collective bargaining:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/western-us-buyers-group.5699/post-216443

Western US buyers group includes us Idahoans. Dealers not reaching for Grangeresque deal are hoovering around 200 reservations. Some of those will not convert. Some may be moved to Granger or elsewhere. More WILL move if bargain for it. So much benefit to a dealer that will take on the extra few hundred reservations in the Western Union (may have to adopt this as new buyer group name)

Deleted member 14617

Thanks for the info on the dealers and x-plan.

I'm not 100% sure I'll get one, but am currently signed up for Lithia.

rb.

Sponsored

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going with Granger, would consider Corwin. Iā€™m okay with a cross-country trip...wouldnā€™t be the first time!

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought 100 shares of Ford stock for the X-Plan. It was only $6.71 a share when I bought it. Iā€™ll just have to have it for six months, so the timing should be right... I hope.

On a side note why is Ford stock so cheap compared to other car manufacturers? Canā€™t figure that one out...
Ford stock is cheap because the family owns the preferred stock types. But, keep that stock as the dividends are always decent.

Deleted member 14617

Going with Granger, would consider Corwin. Iā€™m okay with a cross-country trip...wouldnā€™t be the first time!
How much money do you save by going with Granger? I'm thinking about Base, Black Diamond, or Badlands. According to Google, that's a 20 hour trip one-way for me. Are you going to fly there?

Deleted member 14617

I'm just waiting until B&P to go to the dealers and see what they're willing to put in writing. Anyone else doing that? We could compare.

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made an October reservation and Gramger is offering $2k below invoice (which is typically 8% below mark) for them. Not sure on a base 2-door with manual (and likely sasquatch), Hoping to stay under $30k as this wonā€™t replace a vehicle.

Yes, Iā€™d fly and drive back...long drive but those trips are my favorite memories. Hell, we (family of 4) do Boise to central Texas (and back) once a year and sometimes with a trailer.

Sponsored

Deleted member 14617

For $2K under invoice - I could have it put on a truck and brought here and still save money. Definitely something to think about. Thanks!

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
For $2K under invoice - I could have it put on a truck and brought here and still save money. Definitely something to think about. Thanks!
Definitely. Iā€™d expect the cost to ship and cost to travel (both ways)may be close. Iā€™ll probably leverage airline and hotel points.

Deleted member 14617

There's a pretty good deal at Serramonte Ford. Not Granger, but good. Did you guys see it? It's a much shorter drive - 12 hours for me and I don't drive very fast.

What about breaking in an engine with 12 hours of highway driving? (Including going up the Sierra?)

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep your speeds varied when possible and donā€™t overwork the engine.

itā€™s anecdotal, I bought our 2008 FJ in Houston ($8k off, stayed with family in TX and CO). Drove it back over 2 days at mostly high interstate speeds. I did change the oil when I got home. At 150k miles, it didnā€™t miss a beat or show any significant wear and tear.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep your speeds varied when possible and donā€™t overwork the engine.

itā€™s anecdotal, I bought our 2008 FJ in Houston ($8k off, stayed with family in TX and CO). Drove it back over 2 days at mostly high interstate speeds. I did change the oil when I got home. At 150k miles, it didnā€™t miss a beat or show any significant wear and tear.
Yeah but it's a Toyota.
Wave?
Sponsored