Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reality is that Ford's inducement to get people to temporarily switch to the soft top was to include the hookups starting last September. That's all they're going to do.

The hard top from the parts department is going to be mega expensive. Also wouldn't entirely shock me if the MIC is never offered via Ford accessories and the MOD becomes the sole hard top when the MY23 switchover occurs, but that remains to be seen. Probably depends on if they ever figure out how to make MICs that hold up to the elements for years.
Sponsored

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Switched to a SoftTop for a few reasons:
1) The HT's were proving to be noisy (click, clack, pop). Worried that was going to be a persistent issue with HT's.
2) To speed things up. This worked for me since I got scheduled the very next week.
3) I was worried about a SoftTop in the north. I put my mind at ease seeing that there are a million Jeep convertibles on the road here.

The worry about the opening at 160mph wind should really not be a concern. Besides ... if it is only those extreme conditions, the Bronco is capable of getting wet.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think shipping 1 top per order to a dealership will be much more expensive than shipping 20 to a dealership. My point is that shipping multiple tops/items will reduce the shipping cost.

I bet most would accept a shipping fee of $500 as oppose to 1K
Well yeah, I can't really argue with that. I know that I would rather pay $500 as opposed to $1000. In fact, assuming you could actually fit 20 hard tops into a truck, the actual cost per top to send a shipment from Michigan to, say, California would only really be around $90 - $120 per top. It would be even less if you use rail.

Ford could use large dealerships in each state as a way to distribute hardtops in bulk which would lower the hardtop cost. But lets face it, any savings Ford can find in the distribution of hardtops will probably be kept as additional profit as opposed to passing those savings to customers and providing them the cheapest hardtop possible as a service. That's just the kind of world we live in today.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mentioned this before. Let us pay for the hardtop now and then get it later when it available. Personally, I would have no issue paying for a hardtop now and then get it 1-2 years later.

And to solve the expense of shipping them, Ford could have pickup centers around the country where we could drive to pick them up. Get help installing them and then we can drive home.
Help installing them? lol that’s not necessary.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am taking about picking up the rear section and placing it on your bronco. Do you think you can do it yourself? Would suck you finally pick up your hardtop then damage it trying to install the rear section

Help installing them? lol that’s not necessary.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am taking about picking up the rear section and placing it on your bronco. Do you think you can do it yourself? Would suck you finally pick up your hardtop then damage it trying to install the rear section
I’ve done it by myself. Definitely not fun. But ya thats the one part you need a hand. Your scenario sounded like a regional body shop of techs installing tops, but I feel ya now.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would Ford cut people deals on the hard top when they selling ever soft top they make .

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get a soft top and check out the hard tops advanced fiberglass is posting up, one piece and modular coming soon. Based on Jeep aftermarket HT cost, i would guess gonna be in the 2-3k range.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs