First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the hard top will be well over $5k when it is available. And Ford doesn't give two craps about cutting a deal to you to move your order up the line. They are selling literally anything they can make right now, with whatever parts they have available. Your order is still in the queue, so they expect to eventually sell that to you too.
This^^^^
Sponsored

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the hard top will be well over $5k when it is available. And Ford doesn't give two craps about cutting a deal to you to move your order up the line. They are selling literally anything they can make right now, with whatever parts they have available. Your order is still in the queue, so they expect to eventually sell that to you too.
No one knows what the price of the hardtop is yet but that doesn't matter anyway. I am talking about Ford doing a two top option for those that want them
A limited period order time for a initial order sale. Thus ford could save with one shipment period in bigger quantities. Probably 2023.
One truckload to each dealership in 2023 would be fine......

Captain Howdy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What? Yes, its a soft-top dude. And what is anyone doing out in a hurricane or 80mph winds anyways?

The Lite Brite video with 80+ MPH winds, it's likely the middle latches were not secured.
Watch the video. Nothing was left unlatched. It's simply a part of how Ford had the soft top designed due to how the back lifts up to somewhat increase access into the cargo area. They should've gone with a rear roll up window like Jeep, which allows the sides to be more secured.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
not in house. And the chip shortage is because all this stuff comes from overseas
Quite a few of the parts not made "in house" like the transmission, axles, electronics, etc. BTW, even if the chips were made in the United States there would most likely be shortages just like everything else.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
And don't take that the wrong way I agree the parts should be made in the United States, but it most likely would have very little effect on shortages.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quite a few of the parts not made "in house" like the transmission, axles, electronics, etc. BTW, even if the chips were made in the United States there would most likely be shortages just like everything else.
chip shortage is artificial. economic warfare by the chinese state.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not in house. And the chip shortage is because all this stuff comes from overseas
Even if the chips were made more in the US, the requirements to manufacture them is not from the US currently and probably won't ever be. Mining rare earth minerals isn't easy and if you remove the red tape with environmental aspects, still trying to find a community that wants the mine near them would be tough anymore.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even if the chips were made more in the US, the requirements to manufacture them is not from the US currently and probably won't ever be. Mining rare earth minerals isn't easy and if you remove the red tape with environmental aspects, still trying to find a community that wants the mine near them would be tough anymore.
again if you open a chip factory in the US there would immediately within seconds be stampede of lobbyists breaking down doors to congress to lift said red tape. "rare earth minerals" are not rare btw. They are everywhere.

As a country without these things we are at a strategic military disadvantage on the scale of japanese oil prior to ww2.

Its a problem much bigger than many people realize.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
again if you open a chip factory in the US there would immediately within seconds be stampede of lobbyists breaking down doors to congress to lift said red tape. "rare earth minerals" are not rare btw. They are everywhere.

As a country without these things we are at a strategic military disadvantage on the scale of japanese oil prior to ww2.

Its a problem much bigger than many people realize.
The rare aspect isn't the issue so much as the ability to identify and mine the minerals in a cost effective way. The US labor is more expensive then China, add in all the other costs of a business in the US and it would be hard enough without the environmental costs.

Again with the red tape gone, which in the current political environment it would not disappear unless the mine ran completely off of electric equipment. Try to find a community that would want the mine near them. A lot of communities are fighting much smaller operations.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion...erican-rare-earth-mining-and-lessons-learned/

Is an article of the rare earth minerals mine that was in the US. Which is now owned partially by China.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched to a soft top to hopefully speed things up, no luck yet. I also have seen a few of the hard tops in person and they are absolute garbage, snakeskin, rough exposed edges and the liner is thin felt that looks like it was glued on by a kindergartner. I am going to enjoy the soft top, I'm actually looking forward to it and I'll buy a hard top when there is an acceptable value on one. Ford has kind of offered a one sided social contact with us by suggesting that we get a soft top now and hard top later, I have 0 faith in this contract. Prove me wrong Ford.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I mentioned this before. Let us pay for the hardtop now and then get it later when it available. Personally, I would have no issue paying for a hardtop now and then get it 1-2 years later.

And to solve the expense of shipping them, Ford could have pickup centers around the country where we could drive to pick them up. Get help installing them and then we can drive home.
Have it shipped to your local dealer, or the dealer you purchased at. Pick up the hard top or pay the shop an hourly rate and have them install it. It gets customers back at the dealership with the ability for dealerships to make more money. Ford already has distribution in place to get vehicles to dealerships so having hard tops shipped isn't unreasonable.

You could even lock the offer down to those who got price protection, so it isn't a never-ending revolving door.

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And to solve the expense of shipping them, Ford could have pickup centers around the country where we could drive to pick them up. Get help installing them and then we can drive home.
Sir, I believe that this idea you have is already in place. The pickup centers are called "Ford dealerships".

It doesn't save any money on shipping because Ford still has to pay to ship these all over the country, and they pass that cost on to you. :p

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

FyI Just saw a new one delivered yesterday with the modular top......
You should read up on MIC hardtop and Modular hardtop.

I‘ll bet you a John Deere tractor a “modular hardtop“ was not sold to the public as you stated.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think shipping 1 top per order to a dealership will be much more expensive than shipping 20 to a dealership. My point is that shipping multiple tops/items will reduce the shipping cost.

I bet most would accept a shipping fee of $500 as oppose to 1K

Sir, I believe that this idea you have is already in place. The pickup centers are called "Ford dealerships".

It doesn't save any money on shipping because Ford still has to pay to ship these all over the country, and they pass that cost on to you. :p
Sponsored