Sponsored

If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses.................

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The play is AMB and use satin PPF. Sweet...

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses................. Screenshot 2021-01-31 160640

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing it and cactus gray in person, I can confidently say it has as much blue in it as cactus gray has green.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So after reading some of these this morning, and finishing this evening after work, honestly we've got nothing better to do than play Fantasy Bronco until we can get our grabby paws on an actual Bronco. Well I was wondering to myself at work today... What if they did other colors like AMB? I was imagining a red, or orange, green, gold. What if God forbid a purple?! Anyway, it was a good source of daydreaming while at work waiting at stop signs. Imagine green. Yes, please.

Ford Bronco If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses................. Screenshot 2021-01-31 160640
Ford also has red, green, and brown versions

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, it's blue. While I was taking pictures today at the local lot, a guy came up from the other side. "Hey, that's a great looking (comes to my side of the truck) WOAH it's blue!"

Yep, it sure is. And yes, that's Pikes Peak reflected in the door.

Ford Bronco If AMB looks like black to you, then please clean your glasses................. IMG_0037.JPG

Last edited:

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure literally everyone considered that, yeah
Itā€™s wild Iā€™m excited about potentially getting Black Green (Guard Green), but just couldnā€™t get excited about Black Blue (AMB). But AMB is still much better than Black Brown (Kodiak) if your stool is that dark, please consult a doctor.

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good news today I was number (allotment plus 10) at my dealer, today he said 16 peeps deferred to 2022 and "several" people have not answered his emails to reserve their Bronco, so things are looking up!! I may get mine this summer!! No bad for 2nd day reservation LOL

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Letā€™s not forget that natural sunlight will be on pause some time between the months of July and Oct. due to massive smoke clouds caused by completely negligent utility companies and their state government overlords. Given the expected delivery window of the Broncos, I expect to drive a black Bronco until spring 2022 when that AMB really decides to pop. :ROFLMAO:
Uh, no. The sun blazes like a beacon fire from hell on the east coast, all summer long. A cloudy day is a relief, not a rarity.

Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here in Seattle, with our typical year of ~300 days of overcast skies and ~250 days a year of rain, Antimatter blue shall be considered black for all intents and purposes. Oh, I get it, those 12 days a year that your rig is Navy blue will be GLORIOUS!!!!!
Hey Bob, did you get a new Bronco?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a feeling many people ordering AMB without seeing it in person and just going off internet photos are going to have a bad time when they get their Bronco and hate the color. The more pictures I saw the more on the fence I was and i even had to look at the color a few times on different days to make up my mind it wasn't for me.

Also AMB doesn't look like that at all in the sun. It is just the sharp edges that really catch the light and bring the blue out. Even in the sun flat panels will look almost black-ish. If you are making your judgement off of photos you are doing it wrong with these MY21 colors.
I went to see an expedition in AMB and at first I was disappointed like you, even when I looked at the side that seemed to have the most sunlight. But the vehicle was dirty and so I wiped a corner of the front fender where it meets the hood and holy hell....the colors came alive. Dark to lighter blue and black with different blue colored metal flake that appeared to be floating in a dark blue sea. It was amazing. Perhaps the vehicle you saw was dirty like the expedition I looked at. If you see a normal red, or blue, or gray painted vehicle they look nice, like rapid red for example, but itā€™s not interesting and it doesnā€™t surprise you, it just is what it is. With antimatter blue that paint will look black a lot of the time, then when you see that blue pop right before your eyes you are going to say. Whoa! Thatā€™s not black and you are going to take another look, it becomes interesting and surprising, and always changing. I went and saw it and immediately changed my order from rapid red to antimatter blue. People do need to go see it for themselves. Just make sure the vehicle is clean or you can get a clean spot in the sun and I donā€™t see how someone couldnā€™t love it. Anyways Sir, I respect your opinion and joust wanted to offer my experience.

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to see an expedition in AMB and at first I was disappointed like you, even when I looked at the side that seemed to have the most sunlight. But the vehicle was dirty and so I wiped a corner of the front fender where it meets the hood and holy hell....the colors came alive. Dark to lighter blue and black with different blue colored metal flake that appeared to be floating in a dark blue sea. It was amazing. Perhaps the vehicle you saw was dirty like the expedition I looked at. If you see a normal red, or blue, or gray painted vehicle they look nice, like rapid red for example, but itā€™s not interesting and it doesnā€™t surprise you, it just is what it is. With antimatter blue that paint will look black a lot of the time, then when you see that blue pop right before your eyes you are going to say. Whoa! Thatā€™s not black and you are going to take another look, it becomes interesting and surprising, and always changing. I went and saw it and immediately changed my order from rapid red to antimatter blue. People do need to go see it for themselves. Just make sure the vehicle is clean or you can get a clean spot in the sun and I donā€™t see how someone couldnā€™t love it. Anyways Sir, I respect your opinion and joust wanted to offer my experience.
Yes, the dealership I went to had 3 2021 trucks F150/F250s and none of them were clean at all. I even went after a really heavy rain when they were mostly washed off but the color just didn't do it for me. I really like the color when it pops, and I think if it was a shade or two lighter it would be amazing. I decided to go with Cyber Orange as I think it will look really good contrasting with the black and dark greys of the Bronco.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
AMB - I might resort to it but I really wish we could get lightning blue without being a first edition. My wife said hell no to velocity - looks too much like a play thing and this will be our only ride.

thatā€™s ok I get to pick everything else on this ride. :)
Vroom!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, the dealership I went to had 3 2021 trucks F150/F250s and none of them were clean at all. I even went after a really heavy rain when they were mostly washed off but the color just didn't do it for me. I really like the color when it pops, and I think if it was a shade or two lighter it would be amazing. I decided to go with Cyber Orange as I think it will look really good contrasting with the black and dark greys of the Bronco.
Youā€™re probably going to as irritated as I will be with my blue/black Bronco having to tell people your Cyber Orange Bronco is Orange and not yellow, LOL. But when the sun hits It right and that beautiful Orange comes through, theyā€™ll understand. The good thing for me is I like clean, black, glossy vehicles as well, so when the blue isnā€™t exactly feeling it on a cloudy day sheā€™ll still be beautiful to me. I like how people on this forum, for the most part, can agree to disagree without being disagreeable. Canā€™t wait to see a CO Bronco in the wild.
Sponsored