Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If the clock could be turned back and Ford was given a second chance what should they change.

My thoughts are that they should have released only one model, Badlands for example with one engine choice. I applaud Ford for trying to bring all things to all people but it has hurt them in the end. One model, one motor, two transmissions.

What say you?
I say the Mustang II and Bronco II should have been given a few more generations! Plus using the showcase Thunderbird as production instead of stripping so much off of it and distributing it out to other models.

You should have been more specific that this was a Bronco-specific thread. But as you weren't, I answered honestly.

Ford Bronco If Ford was granted a mulligan... 66523723-770-0@2X[1]

Ford Bronco If Ford was granted a mulligan... 66523725-770-0@2X[1]
Sponsored

OP
OP
FJ 432

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say the Mustang II and Bronco II should have been given a few more generations! Plus using the showcase Thunderbird as production instead of stripping so much off of it and distributing it out to other models.

You should have been more specific that this was a Bronco-specific thread. But as you weren't, I answered honestly.

66523723-770-0@2X[1].jpg

66523725-770-0@2X[1].jpg
Sorry I was vague. Given that the launch was successful and the design hit it out of the park but I can't help but think that Ford cast such a large net to meet every need.

Most of the comments here are negative about one thing or another. If, Ford had launched one model, could they have a better opportunity to execute far fewer choices.

Yes, they would have priced some people out, had fewer reservations and made some of the same people angry. However a smaller challenge as opposed to top color choices, etc.

They shot themselves in the foot displaying colors and options they had no intention of placing on the production model IMHO.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I’d like an automatic speedomojunkulator and a capactitorquiometer as a part of the standard package

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I say, thank god you’re not in charge of Ford.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Flux capacitor!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry I was vague. Given that the launch was successful and the design hit it out of the park but I can't help but think that Ford cast such a large net to meet every need.

Most of the comments here are negative about one thing or another. If, Ford had launched one model, could they have a better opportunity to execute far fewer choices.

Yes, they would have priced some people out, had fewer reservations and made some of the same people angry. However a smaller challenge as opposed to top color choices, etc.

They shot themselves in the foot displaying colors and options they had no intention of placing on the production model IMHO.
All they had to do was say that these are "CONCEPT VEHICLES". Instead they tried to add a small "*preproduction vehicles shown" on the signage at events.

Covid has impacted the launch significantly due to staffing and every department being unable to communicate and plan as they normally would.

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think they should have built two Broncos... 2 and 4 door (only because the 4 door sales will be higher) with near perfect execution All necessary safety items... the 2.3L with either a manual or auto. Two suspensions... an on road tuned/moderate duty off road configuration... and sasquatch. More utilitarian overall... but comfortable. Marine grade vinyl and wash out floors for everyone! A few colors... old school and a few bright colors. Then called the entire first year run... "First Edition". Left it fully customizable.

Mitragorz

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PIckups
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Easy answer for me... A redesign to this:

FB_IMG_1604629256510.jpg

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) manual on both engines
2) drop-down/swing-open tailgate with electrically lowering window glass (ah la the '60s Country Squire)
3) pop-open windows in the MIC
4) Battleship gray paint
5) cold weather package - heated seats and steering wheel @ $995
6) one single off-road suspension and tire option package with locking front diff, and shit!
7) analog gauges with no fricken screens!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think marketing/sales got ahead of production on this. The reveal should have happened 4-6months later than it did. This would have cut down frustration and kept momentum going as we are just now heading into ordering.

Other than that as a first model year of a new line...I am stoked.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

V8 !!! Yall have seen those engines over complex bundle of eels,twin turbos? is that so you can guarantee a failure omg it might work ok for a while but too many failure points for an offroader .
I will be counting on the warranty to make good any issues.
NA V8 for the win.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the Mustang II? Really? Bronco II was a good vehicle, but the Mustang II, naw. The 302 was choked to death and the 2.3L Lima was just atrocious, even for engines of that era...

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
V8 !!! Yall have seen those engines over complex bundle of eels,twin turbos? is that so you can guarantee a failure omg it might work ok for a while but too many failure points for an offroader .
I will be counting on the warranty to make good any issues.
NA V8 for the win.
We're going to be lucky if we get any New Broncos before the Feds ban gasoline...

Just sayin'
Sponsored