Sponsored

If Ford were to make a full size bronco...

If Ford were to make a full size Bronco again would you like to see it F150 based or F250 based?

• F-150

Votes: 61 69.3%
  • F-250

Votes: 27 30.7%

• Total voters

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We don't need a bronco to tow 10k plus pounds. F150 base would be plenty. I think it could be cool, but I want a wrangler sized suv aimed at the hardcore market first. Which i think we will get, hope the IFS holds up to the competition. After that, in the bronco family, the f150 raptor with a very short wheelbase would be cool. But seriously, does anyone want a f250 bronco?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently you haven’t noticed how many Jeeps, Broncos, etc ride on 1 ton axles.
It really isn't about towing -- any short wheelbase will be dreadful at towing at high speed. It's all about the ability to resist torque and torsion.

Similarly the Raptor is all about high speed which a short wheelbase is bad at for stability reasons. Pre-runners and the like often have extended wheelbases beyond a normal truck. The Bronco is inherently bad at this.

Give it a SD frame to match those heavy axles people will inevitably put under a FSB.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Give it a SD frame to match those heavy axles people will inevitably put under a FSB.
70's and 80's FSB frames have almost zero issues (area near steering boxes sometimes needs attention and TTB trucks need
cradles welded to main frame sometimes) with BB, doublers, 1 tons, and 42/43's. Assuming today's 1/2 ton frames are as good as
yesteryears 250/350's, don't see the need

That said, would a new FSB really be "FSB" size. Suspect it would be a decent amount larger overall, somewhat killing it's all around usage.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the reported front IFS doesn't quite "cut it" you off roaders will do what you have to do and put an after market one in, because you can't help yourselves....

and THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

I still think there's gonna be a rock crawling trim level(with a solid front axle) available …..

Dub347sbf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 bronco sport 302, 2013 F150 ecoboost 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apparently you haven’t noticed how many Jeeps, Broncos, etc ride on 1 ton axles.
I am aware, I have ridden with my local jeep club on a few crawls, I don't think the super duty frame and weight would be required, in my opinion. The newer 150 frames are pretty tough, just throw some strong axles at it. Just my opinion, if others would want a 250 as a starting platform, cool. I just wouldn't.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would consider a well done FSB maybe Raptor based

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the Bronco6G forum, and as I’ve stated before stuff like this continues to muddy the waters about what the Bronco will be. There’s enough misinformation as it stands and everything posted about a “full size bronco” continues that. If you want to discuss future vehicles that died before they even became an idea you can start a Bronco ∞G forum.
It's hard to muddy any waters when we know shit about Bronco

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure if this exact topic has been covered. To those who would like to see Ford launch a full size Bronco after the new Ranger based Bronco in 2021 what platform would you like to see adopted/adapted? This may sound silly at first as the super duty platform is seemingly overkill but there are plenty of pros and cons to start a discussion.

Assumptions:
Similar classic styling in either case, much like what we expect for the midsize Bronco
Size (exterior profile) we can pretty much assume they will be the same, right now they actually share the same cab.
The Super Duty is a couple grand heavier in the chassis/powertrain.
Both platforms would have gas and diesel offerings.

Pros/cons
Super Duty platform already has a chassis designed for solid front axle (for you SFA boys ;) )
F-150 already has a Raptor DNA (for you go fast boys ;) )
Super Duty has the axle twisting Powerstroke diesel
Raptor has the lighter peppier HO Eco boost
Super Duty is heavier, beefier powertrain and chassis, but more to lug around

and many more I'm sure, but I'm curious what you guys think?

Here is a good build for a short wheelbase Super duty, representative of what an F-250 based Bronco could be like
F150 Bronco = Expedition, F250 Bronco = Excursion, They could back off to two doors

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do Any Of You Remember The Excursion It Had A Loyal Following Lots And Lots Of Interior Room Trim A Few Feet Off Overall length And You Have A One- Of -One “Bronco.H.D 2:A.M. This Morning!

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, and here’s your 2 dr and 4 dr ranger based broncos....just like the midsize guys don’t want these, us FSB guys don’t want an F150 with a camper shell.
47C9AE59-6998-4BC9-AE6C-EAC9BD44262F.jpeg
FC001DFB-8688-499C-90FD-836A444BD374.jpeg
F150 Bronco = Expedition, F250 Bronco = Excursion, They could back off to two doors
Sponsored