Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If I get pushed to 2023 I’m going to call my dealer and tell him he can put my order in as the last of his allocations. I’ll let everyone go before me that got pushed. ( I believe he had 5 total and only one built. ). I live in the snow belt of Michigan and I’m storing mine in the winters anyway so as long as it’s delivered by April 1st I really don’t care. Seems like the decent thing to do. My dealers been great so I’d like to help him out if I can.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that's a good move, honorable!

too bad 1/5 will be flipped or jacked by dealers.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think they have control over which ones gets picked up. Do they?

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was told they did. That the rep will ask which one to pull. At least that’s the way I interpreted it. Anyway with most of these pushed raptors most likely delivered early next year I really don’t need it then. Not gonna bring it out till after the rain washes the salt off the roads.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not how it works. All current orders and 99's have to be converted to an order by mid-November or they are lost. Dealers don't have control over what Bronco orders get pulled, however, they do have that control on other vehicles. Ford will then build the vehicles that they have parts for, and allegedly do so in timestamp order.

Just look at the group buy threads for a prime example, yesterday those dealers were surprised with allocations and pulled orders that Ford never told them about. They didn't pick the ones that got pulled.

Edit. And if you didn't get pulled yesterday it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that you have been pushed.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would we have been notified by email if we got pulled yesterday? I’ve already received the push email that lots of us got a few days ago.

JoJoBronco

Base
First Name
Daniella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's really nice but keep in mind anything can happen!!. I was originally Jan 10 build week, was kind of "bummed" since winter up here is brutal. Was told delay due to microchip so actually was relieved hoping for spring delivery. Nope. It stayed in production until the end of June before finally ready to ship 🙃

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's not how it works. All current orders and 99's have to be converted to an order by mid-November or they are lost. Dealers don't have control over what Bronco orders get pulled, however, they do have that control on other vehicles. Ford will then build the vehicles that they have parts for, and allegedly do so in timestamp order.

Just look at the group buy threads for a prime example, yesterday those dealers were surprised with allocations and pulled orders that Ford never told them about. They didn't pick the ones that got pulled.

Edit. And if you didn't get pulled yesterday it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that you have been pushed.

Dealerships for the most part have been able to pick which Raptor is being built. There may be dealerships who don't contact or work with the regional ford team, but I know my dealership and others have been able to select which one is pulled next. The Raptor system is not the same as the normal trim where it really is a crap shoot. If you wanted to wait for some reason you could talk to your dealer and tell them to push a few other orders through first.

As for the converting I believe you are correct there. Based on the COVP system I don't think they'll let anyone 99 anymore. You are probably going to have to sit in a normal order status or cancel to clear out the backlog.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealerships for the most part have been able to pick which Raptor is being built.
Dang it. Didn't realize I had wandered into the BRaptor forum. You are correct, rules are different for SVT.

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Definitely don’t want to 99 my order. Just thought I’d help others out because getting it in February does no good for me and loan interest rate doesn’t matter either.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you want to delay your order just order the MOD top - then when you are ready switch back if it hasn't been pulled yet. If they are saying late availability Q3 for the MOD top, then I'd say springtime is the absolute earliest you'd see your rig get scheduled.

OP
OP

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wonder when we’ll get the information on exterior and interior colors?