Sponsored

If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough...

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's in the Mustang, that's all I needed to know, good enough for me.
My old Dyno
Ford Bronco If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough... 1599754470438

FBO minus exhaust work, custom tune (got a better one down the line) and stock waste gate actuator

My girl, '16 Auto Ecoboost
Ford Bronco If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough... 1599754568875

Old Times modded on the streets/Mexico

Ford Bronco If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough... 1599754602138

Ford Bronco If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough... 1599754612239

Don't think I did my Downpipe then either

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also includes questions about reliability, ecoboom and direct injection
That's all well and good, but why can't the Bronco, with the underpowered, ecoboom, wrong injection, unreliable, 2.3 that has only been in production for millions of units tow 14,000 lbs?

That total POS engine, that is worthless and can't possibly be enough engine for Bronco even has a 7,500 tow rating (with another ton in the bed) for Ranger.

Nothing you can possible say will lead me to believe that with a crawl gear this thing can produce anything above 13.7 ft lb tq. And that's a FACT! It's going to be a dog, and with only 4 times more HP than a BJ Land Cruiser, it won't go anywhere off-road with any capabilities. Just park it to look at it and pray you never have to put over 100 lbs in it or go up a mild incline. This is a 2021 model year, it will be worse than any people's car!

That being said, for such a horrible POS engine, I think an appropriate choice is an air-cooled, rear-engined classic German car. And by that I mean a Volkswagen Beetle with one plug wire missing. It's the people's car... assuming those people aren't in any hurry.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well in defense of this question is the definition of "enough" varies by person. On paper, a 3.6L JLU goes 0-60 about the same time as a 2.3L Ranger (which is approx same weight as the Bronco) and has a much more lauded transmission (a ZF 8 speed). But I think my JLU is pretty slow... so I am hoping with a manual the Bronco feels sportier and maybe the weight savings of the 2 door will make it a box-shaped rocket. So I really looking forward to the eventual test drive - just worried about being disappointed when that day comes.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's only 40hp down on the 6,
Its safe to get a 2dr 4 can hang with a 4dr 6 in a drag

Seems like the off road crowd is just really almost anti tech and only looking at cylinder count rather than performance

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's only 40hp down on the 6,
Its safe to get a 2dr 4 can hang with a 4dr 6 in a drag

Seems like the off road crowd is just really almost anti tech and only looking at cylinder count rather than performance
I do agree with some of the anti-tech sentiment, I don't like A.S.S. (Auto start stop), and don't need auto braking and other gizmo's.

Still, those power today blow the doors off some earlier muscle cars and definitely the older offroaders, and then once you start modding, game over

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco If I had a $1 everytime someone asked if the 2.3 was enough... 1599754612239

Also includes questions about reliability, ecoboom and direct injection
I think the First Question should be free (Trial Period) and every subsequent quest should be billed.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can I double like this? the "is the 2.3L enough power" question is entirely subjective. What is enough for me and enough for someone else is completely different. My Pathfinder with about 10% less power/torque in a larger similar weight vehicle is plenty for me. My suggestion is for anyone who thinks the 2.3L might not be enough should just get the 2.7L and stop asking questions.

As for reliability, I'm not that concerned either. If it breaks I'll fix it. If it breaks a lot I'll sell it. Problem solved.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do agree with some of the anti-tech sentiment, I don't like A.S.S. (Auto start stop), and don't need auto braking and other gizmo's.

Still, those power today blow the doors off some earlier muscle cars and definitely the older offroaders, and then once you start modding, game over
Are you getting the Badlands?

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe the transmission whether manual or auto will have a say-so in how the 2.3L performs.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I double like this? the "is the 2.3L enough power" question is entirely subjective. What is enough for me and enough for someone else is completely different. My Pathfinder with about 10% less power/torque in a larger similar weight vehicle is plenty for me. My suggestion is for anyone who thinks the 2.3L might not be enough should just get the 2.7L and stop asking questions.

As for reliability, I'm not that concerned either. If it breaks I'll fix it. If it breaks a lot I'll sell it. Problem solved.
My Truck and a modded 2.3 2dr would be no contest, unless I also tune the Truck (Got Shorties and Y-Pipe in the garage still)

Still, even stock* (CAI, TB, Catback, Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks), my trucks more than enough for me right now, and I'm certain I'm in the high 6's/7's to 60
Sponsored