First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm admittedly a fanboy for the revival of the Bronco. I love bringing back the old nameplates, and the current generation of vehicles is sadly lacking rugged, all-terrain oriented options. I'll curse the powers that be if the new Bronco disappoints, but I will probably have worn out my Ranger by the time it releases. I was thinking about what I would consider if the Bronco goes the way of the new "Blazer". What are your back-up alternatives?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bronco 21

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife and I will probably start trying for a kid or two in the next few years, and we have two dogs, so I'm really thinking we're going to want an suv. A used Toyota 4Runner TRD might be my most preferred alternative, but I'd look at options like a used 2014 FJ Trail Team Ultimate Edition or 2013+ Explorer Sport.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. I'm considering a new Subaru Ascent, especially if the new Bronco disappoints. I know they will not occupy the same sales segment, but damn, to have a new badass Bronco, I'm all in! Considering what the blanketed peek pics they released recently look like, my interest is renewed. I had just about given up, especially with all the news about it being a re-badged Everest, I was quite disgusted.
After seeing these blanketed pics, I'm now daydreaming about a 4-door for the wifey and a 2 door for me!
Whatever they do:
It absolutely, ABSO----FAH--KING----LUTELY must be rough and tough .....and boxy! LOL!

Reactions: Ksm

aih

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, Forester
If the Bronco turns out to be unacceptable, I'm thinking of two alternatives.... First is keep driving my 2006 Honda Element as long as possible until it gives up the ghost. The way it is going, it will likely go an additional 20 years, though I might not. The alternative is a new Forester or Ascent. I bought the wife a new Forester a couple years ago and it has worked out nice and I like it. However, if the Bronco turns out as good as it has sounded in some news reports, I won't wait.

Sponsored

MR P's NEEDS A 6G

I think I will just continue with either my 05 excursion, or 06 trailblazer ss. A Toyota 4 runner would suddenly pop up on my want list if this bronco does not deliver.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep my 98 Expy until I jump into a newer F150. But man....I'm dreamin hard over the new Bronco!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I might keep my '03 Explorer. I don't really like it, but it works and it's cheap. If I go newer I would consider a hatchback. Maybe a FoST or FiST or possibly a used RS. Maybe a second (older) Mustang. I don't need AWD and don't generally like SUVs. I am interested in the Bronco though.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll either stay with my F-150 Platinum, or move over to a Wrangler.

Reactions: Ksm

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I'll curse the powers that be if the new Bronco disappoints, ... I was thinking about what I would consider if the Bronco goes the way of the new "Blazer". What are your back-up alternatives?
4Runner / Wrangler ::: the list of decent SUVs with real off road potential that aren't $100k luxury units is quite small.

I have needed to replace my car for a long time now, and I was thinking of getting a pickup for years. After going over the lists of models and qualities that I wanted/needed I realized the Wagon/SUV form appealed to me a lot more, and for the rare occasion I could really use the towing/bed of a pickup I have plenty of relatives I could borrow a 3/4 ton from.

Considering the popularity of multipurpose vehicles in general, the lack of midsized SUV options that don't cost as much as a house seems very strange to me.

The Chevy "Blazer" not being a vehicle that shared the Colorado platform really surprised and disgusted me -- ok I get it, they want another crossover to sell to city hipsters or whatever, but to use that name when they have so many to draw from ... WTF.

- BRONCOPP -

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD
I'd alternate for a JEEP....either a Patriot or Cherokee. (4x4)

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'd probably go for a 4runner or whichever pickup I'm feeling at that time.

the new ranger raptor doesn't look terrible...

Last edited: