First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So when we say "late 2021", is that 2021 the calendar year, or 2021 the production year? Isn't it usually around September that model years advance?
Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So when we say "late 2021", is that 2021 the calendar year, or 2021 the production year? Isn't it usually around September that model years advance?
Wondering the same.

Then again, who are we kidding? It means 12/31/21 23:59:59

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waited this long so what's another couple of months at this point. I feel like I'd regret it if I didn't get exactly what I wanted because I was impatient.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll be interested to see what they do with the first edition reservation holders who opt in for the modular black roof like I will be doing. Will it push us to a 2022 first edition? LOL
Just curious, what is your priority number on your order invoice?

Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Waited this long so what's another couple of months at this point. I feel like I'd regret it if I didn't get exactly what I wanted because I was impatient.
I’m with ya

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the MIC top didn’t look so terrible with it the glossy black on the wildtrak I’d consider doing the MIC. If I could get MIC and then still get the black modular in 2021 I would definitely consider it.
My dealer actually suggested this today.... as I was shaking my head I said hell no.....
When I asked how much the black top will cost me as an accessory his answer was “ I don’t know but it will be significantly more”.... plus I get hit with shipping to Alaska... and now have two hard tops??? Make no sense. JMO

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The mod top with the soft top combo for the 4 door is around $1900.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I worked my build in a way such that I have a plan A and plan B.

plan A - I would NOT be tempted to go mod top. OBX sas AMB (everything painted near black except big unpainted flares to pull in MIC top, with no other clashing parts).

plan B - if I find out sas gets delayed way far out. Get a mod top, skip the sas, pick back up painted AMB fenders and have a clean painted black n blue exterior. Throw on 33s.

It made the decision much easier for me. Really Ford will make the decision for me.

and honestly, I’m starting to sense that even the MIC top will cause delays. We’re seeing a lot of soft top 4 doors from map. Like 3 out of 4 over the past couple weeks have been soft tops. When the take rate is the opposite. And now fastback soft tops quickly getting brought out on 2 door. Not a good sign.

it will be interesting to see if the MIC top gets delayed a month or two, does that mean the mod top gets pushed even more so? Not sure. But would think so. My guess closer to year end on the mod top.

And for my build with a Day 1 reservation pairing a 2.7 lux sas with a mod top is probably the worst thing I could do. I could see it drag out the build with a mod top, and watch the parts bins run dry of high demand parts. Best to go hard and fast with the MIC top and try to get earlier dibs on 2.7 lux and sas. Every month matter since my lease extension runs dry on 9/1.

....This - but 4 dr

Ford Bronco If modular hard top is delayed for only a few months I may be willing to wait 5AC2E488-B2DD-4EDC-BD2E-560FE75EAF54

Last edited:

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a delay with ALL hard tops, we just don't know exactly what it is at this point. So unless you order a 4dr Big Bend with a 2.3L, no Sasquatch, and a soft-top there will be some level of production delay.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am a priority code #19 with a black hard top, sasq, 2.7, 4dr. Dealer (grain of salt taken) tossed out an ETA of 2021 Sept/Oct during my order process. And my response to that was a bit loud on the salesroom floor, "its all good, nobody really knows, I don't know, you don't know, and Ford sure as shit doesn't know" We all laughed and carried on.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a delay with ALL hard tops, we just don't know exactly what it is at this point. So unless you order a 4dr Big Bend with a 2.3L, no Sasquatch, and a soft-top there will be some level of production delay.
Not exactly...there is a delay with all hard tops (the single supplier issue) but the other things you are referencing are just expected to cause delays because of overhelming demand. They can make trucks with 2.7/Sas/Leather/Lux from day one....they will just run out quickly because of expected ordering patterns, and more demand for those options than originally expected. Those delays depend on where you fall in line.

It would be nice to know if they fixed the quality and design issue with the hard tops, and if that factory is getting near completion, since we lost our Webasto insider.