Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any thing we can do legally?
Nope. Only recourse is to never buy another Ford product of any kind. I'm sure they could care less though.
Sponsored

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 392 is like a raptor without all the bullshit. And can actually do trails without driving like a school bus. I had a Badlands on order but calling my dealer on Monday to confirm this and then probably walking away.
You should call Ford marketing
The dealerships are just as clueless as us…

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TRD Pro what? Wife has the Tacoma TRD Pro. It's nice but in my opinion grossly underpowered. They claim to have reprogrammed the shifting for the newer models but if so, hate to see how bad it used to be.

I've got a 2dr Bad Man Squash ordered. After 2 years, was finally nearing the top of the dealer's list. Not dropping anything. If they can't build, I'm out and done with Ford. Not rewarding their bad management like a lot of others do buying different models, dropping items, paying admin. What pisses me off is that a lot of the big dealers have similar vehicles on their lots without the Special Order window stickers. Same with filling similar spring 2023 orders. That is complete BS. Tire shortage so we make more models that use the tires we don't have enough of. There are no words. Complete continuing shit show.
Ah I should have been more specific - 4Runner. Might not be as off-road capable as a Taco (would put on bigger tires but still…) but good enough for light-medium off-road and overlanding.

At this point (assuming this rumor is true and it appears to be) I’m pretty much done with Ford. If this falls through I doubt I ever look at buying a Ford again.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is most likely doing many of us a favor. The new and used market is swinging back to reality. With money crunch coming for many unfortunately, you will be able to find many slightly used Broncos likely meeting what you are looking for well below price protected MSRP in the nex few months.

The recent large Tesla price reduction which also gets them into the tax credit will push down values across models a lot sooner than I had thought.
Not sure where you get that; I found two vehicles just like the one I ordered were $7500 and $10,000 over sticker.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received the email today myself. I refuse to buy something that isn't fully what I want. PERIOD!
F- FORD! They have really screwed the pooch on this one.

Any thing we can do legally?
I’m with you. I’m 45, worked hard for what I have, but always tend to sacrifice for my family. I’m driving a 10 year old that I bought used while my wife has a nice Audi we bought new (in fairness my wife keeps telling me I have to treat myself).

This was going to be my first new car. Not practical but a treat to myself for years of hard work and finally “making it”. Ford has managed to absolutely suck the joy out of this process.

I won’t spend $60k+ on a vehicle that isn’t specced out the way I want. I won’t pay one red cent more than I was told I would pay. Price protection + x plan. I’m not going to go looking around for a Bronco that’s *almost* right or pay above what I was told I was going to pay.

After waiting 2 years if this is how I’m going to be thanked for my patience I’m done with this company for good.

I’m sure they don’t care about a single lost customer - but I’d bet there are enough people like me who’ve just about had it with Ford and how they’re thanking customers who have been more than patient.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point (assuming this rumor is true and it appears to be) I’m pretty much done with Ford. If this falls through I doubt I ever look at buying a Ford again.
Family had mostly Fords in the 70's-80's. My last was a new 1992 Ranger. We all had issues of some sort and left the brand. The Bronco brought me back against my better judgment and turning out looking like a big mistake. Lots of broken promises and 2 years of waiting all for naught. Seeing all the continuing cracking tops, bad man transmissions, brand new orders getting filled over years old orders, and not honoring the PP 3 model years in says a lot about the company as a whole.

🖕 Ford

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sucked it up and started scouring the country for something resembling the HPR Wildtrak I tried to order lat last summer.

I decided to look at any color, even those I wasn’t terribly fond of.

Contacted 14 dealers with ADM’s ranging from $6-$15,000. Every one said they were firm on the price. I still threw out some offers, all over MSRP. Not one counter offer.

Finally found an HPR with most of the options I wanted. Middle of pack ADM. About this time the announcements about the ‘23 model year orders being curtailed came out.

I caved in and bought it. Love the truck, would love it more if I bought it at MSRP.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure where you get that; I found two vehicles just like the one I ordered were $7500 and $10,000 over sticker.
Like I said it's coming, prices are really starting to stagnate. I'll bet you by March I can find a package that is being phased with less than 7500 miles for $4k or more under.

Remember what these were bringing in December.

Screenshot_20230114_185822_Chrome.jpg

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just looking to see what other people are thinking.

I've got all the sins - BadSquatch MIC 2.7 TOW LUX Leather. I haven't been waiting as long as a lot of people here - but in 3 weeks it'll be 2 years since I made my reservation/placed my order (funny thing - my buddy in Phoenix ordered the exact same thing about 2 weeks after I did and he's had his Bronco since last summer. Ain't that some shit).

I'm not willing to bend on what I ordered 2 years ago (why spend north of $60k and not get what I want?) Needless to say I'm pretty pissed. I'd be willing to drop the LUX - but the Sas and MIC (especially living in Denver and spending a lot of time in the winter in the Rockies) - non negotiable.

I live in Colorado and while I need something offroad capable I'm not going to be doing crazy rock crawling - but I do need something with bash plates because I am going to be going over a lot of rocks up in the mountains. I also do a lot of overlanding/dispersed camping.

Had a really bad experience with a Jeep so I think those are probably out.

Right now I'm starting to think about a Toyota TRD Pro. Dealership near me with no ADM and about a 2-4 month wait to get what I want (I know Toyota dealers aren't placing special orders - but it looks like the vehicles are pretty standard with just bolt on stuff you can get from the parts dept. like roof racks and hoop steps and all that).

With the specifications I think I'd want it comes in about $3,000 less than my Bronco (even including my price protection and *possible* x plan - dealer manager told me I'd been so patient he'd honor that).

My family has had Toyotas and my sense is that they're pretty reliable/well built and I'm guessing the TRD Pro will get me where I need to go (especially if I add larger wheels/tires for better clearance). So - for anyone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do (which is probably most of you) - what do you think about the TRD Pro?

And aside from that - if this is the straw that broke the cam's back for you - what is your "backup" vehicle plan?

Thanks for any/all thoughts. And for whatever it's worth to all of you - I appreciate you all so much. I feel like we've all been on quite the journey together.
Has anyone got information from Ford that this is true? Anyone!!

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

calling my dealer on Monday to confirm this and then probably walking away.
From what I have read, the official meeting for all the "normal" dealerships is Tuesday at 11:30, this from a respected dealer source.
On Monday, they will not yet have any official information to even make a plan from.

The info that is out now comes from a much smaller teleconference that happened friday with the "special" dealerships .... the big players and the ones with MANY orders beyond their normal allocation strategy.

Again, this is just what I have gathered from one of B6G's well respected dealership members.

Switch to Badlands is really the best answer for most people.
But how will a non-stop parade of Badlands going down the line play out for Fords supply chain?

Figure a Badlands is 95% Squatch anyways. Something will have to give.

I can't see many Wildtrak customers dropping all the way down to a non-Squatch OBX on 32's.

Anybody with lower trims with Squatch can step up to a non-Squatch Badlands and be REALLY close to what they were getting anyways.

So, yeah, that's my prediction ... Badlands will become the next target of shortages.
(Heck, the optional wheels are already a no go! ..... it's still only January!!!)

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2 cents. The soft top has been more than adequate. I’m in Texas so not Colorado winter, but we did have 2-3 really cold icy weeks recently. Highs in the 20s. Had no issues staying warm or dry. I’m sure you’ve considered, but I’ve been plenty impressed with how it fairs in the elements.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 cents. The soft top has been more than adequate. I’m in Texas so not Colorado winter, but we did have 2-3 really cold icy weeks recently. Highs in the 20s. Had no issues staying warm or dry. I’m sure you’ve considered, but I’ve been plenty impressed with how it fairs in the elements.
Lol, maybe in Texas. Just before Christmas, quite a bit of the US had sub zero temps. Was about -40 here with the wind. No soft top for me in the winter.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shortage with the Sasquatch package has been primarily the wheels/tires. The front locker has also been an issue, but much less of an issue. And when you think about it... the situation definitely won't get worse if everyone switches to Badlands because those with Sasquatch packages already have the front lockers on their order. It may actually help a bit assuming some of the components between the 4.70 front axle and the 4.46 front axle are different.

I also hope this will cause people to really consider if they truly need both the front and rear locker. I know a lot of people have it on their order simply because of the way it looks, and they have no real need for a front locker. If you take the Sasquatch package away, then that "look" people want goes away, and maybe a lot more people will be willing to do it aftermarket. Hopefully that too will free up some supply for Badlands.
The only thing I'd NOT be worried about is the BFG AT's, since they probably make about 250 million of them a year. LOL

I see what your saying, I hope you are correct, but my gut still says, after witnessing everything since July 2020, any thing that stresses the currently very fragile supply chain ends up wreaking havoc on the order/build process.
It's my understanding that simply underestimating the take rate of the MIC and manual has caused issues ... so suddenly increasing the ask rate for Badlands ....

I'm sure Ford anticipates this stuff (despite the beliefs of all the keyboard warriors here, lol), so I am really curious how the OFFICIAL order guidance /suggestions/rebates/incentives etc will read.

On a personal note ... what really sucks is the only other vehicle I'd be interested in would be a F250, which is having it's own issues also!! LOL ... fml .... ughh.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switch to Badlands is really the best answer for most people.

Sasquatch package is wheels/tires/suspension/axle ratio/lockers. Badlands has the lockers already. Wheels/tires/suspension is relatively easy to replace. The only "hard" thing is the 4.70 axle ratio. But realistically a 4.46 ratio will be perfectly adequate on a 10-speed automatic unless you are going larger than 37" tires, which very few people will be doing. (And if you order the manual transmission you'll get a 4.70 axle ratio regardless.)

High package has all of the important features you could want. The only thing it lacks that I think most people would really want is adaptive cruise control and the B&O audio system. The other features I would hope are relatively minor "nice to haves" for most people. Sucks to lose the audio system, but audio is one of those things that can be upgraded aftermarket relatively easily. And in my personal opinion, no adaptive cruise control means that aftermarket upgrades (bumper/winch/lights/etc.) becomes significantly easier without having to worry about relocating the ACC sensor. That reason alone is why I personally would have ditched the Lux package a long time ago.

I have no good answers for the MIC top though--especially for the 2-door people. The soft top on the Bronco isn't terrible by any stretch, but if you don't want a soft top, then you don't want a soft top and there is nothing that can be done to change that. There are aftermarket options, but unlike wheels/tires/suspension/audio upgrades... all which can be had without spending a bucket of money... an aftermarket hardtop is a $6000+ investment.
here’s the thing - I guess if there’s a rebate I’d be willing to drop from Lux to high and drop the sas for my base badlands and throw better 35s and upgrade the sound system on there later.
But I’m not willing to bend on the MIC top.

That’s non-negotiable for me. Living in Colorado and spending a lot of time in the mountains all 4 seasons I don’t want a soft top.

so if they give me some kind of credit and I can keep the MIC…ok. Butif they can’t even do that then fuck em. I’ll go buy something else.
Sponsored