Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I hope they honor PP especially for the guys who reserved in 2020 and placed their order each time. I've seen too many folk order way later and got theirs because they had a high volume dealer. Just wouldn't be right to screw people on their price protection because ford couldn't build the order they want.

I was a day 2 reservation and it was 100% worth the wait.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I hope they honor PP especially for the guys who reserved in 2020 and placed their order each time. I've seen too many folk order way later and got theirs because they had a high volume dealer. Just wouldn't be right to screw people on their price protection because ford couldn't build the order they want.

I was a day 2 reservation and it was 100% worth the wait.
Based on what was just posted no PP for next year.
Iā€™m pretty damn angry and about ready to walk just on principle.

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see two options for Ford. They can irritate and put-off those loyal Ford buyers which have waited up to two years since placing their order and being told now that they need to modify and remove options from their order to receive their Bronco, or, they can piss off potential buyers that choose to order a Bronco now but are unable to place an order until 2024 due to the current order banks being closed.

For me, the solution is simple - take care of the loyal customers who have stood by Ford and get their full orders completed whether they are 2023 vehicles or 2024. You can't make everyone happy here - but common sense tells you to go with the ones that have remained loyal to you the past couple of years. Take care of them first.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on what was just posted no PP for next year.
Iā€™m pretty damn angry and about ready to walk just on principle.
Ford has said all along, no price protection past 2023.
On the other hand, Ford still has 8+ months of scheduling left for 2023.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also (through my dealer - haha I know take a drink) said that all old reservations were going to be built by the end of this year. They'll have had close to 3 years to build my Badlands. Meanwhile people who ordered the same thing well over a year later than mine have had their Broncos for quite a while.

If they don't want my money that's fine - I'll take my business elsewhere. Now I know I'm just one person (and I know that as a single customer I have essentially zero impact)...but I would imagine there are a number of people just like me who won't ever consider a Ford again. I know no one in my family will either. My BIL and one of my buddies were waiting to see how I liked my Bronco and were probably each going to order one. So just from me that's a minimum of 3 Broncos that won't get ordered. Ditto any other vehicle from Ford. There are plenty of other good options out there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see two options for Ford. They can irritate and put-off those loyal Ford buyers which have waited up to two years since placing their order and being told now that they need to modify and remove options from their order to receive their Bronco, or, they can piss off potential buyers that choose to order a Bronco now but are unable to place an order until 2024 due to the current order banks being closed.

For me, the solution is simple - take care of the loyal customers who have stood by Ford and get their full orders completed whether they are 2023 vehicles or 2024. You can't many everyone happy here - but common sense tells you to go with the ones that have remained loyal to you the past couple of years. Take care of them first.
In an ideal world your post makes tons of sense. Unfortunately I think that, if we've seen anything, it's that the people managing this have zero common sense.

This announcement is going to go over like a lead balloon.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In an ideal world your post makes tons of sense. Unfortunately I think that, if we've seen anything, it's that the people managing this have zero common sense.

This announcement is going to go over like a lead balloon.
Iā€™m a 45 (or more) year ex-Ford (depending on how Ford handles this)customer and 35 year customer with the same Dealership (Sam Pack in Carrollton). If Ford decides to do what I hear they will doā€¦ā€¦ā€¦Iā€™m DONE!!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Already looking at Rubicon 392s. There are a few locally. Not going to be one of those hopeless idiots waiting a year or two for my fucking order.
Sureā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They also (through my dealer - haha I know take a drink) said that all old reservations were going to be built by the end of this year. They'll have had close to 3 years to build my Badlands. Meanwhile people who ordered the same thing well over a year later than mine have had their Broncos for quite a while.

If they don't want my money that's fine - I'll take my business elsewhere. Now I know I'm just one person (and I know that as a single customer I have essentially zero impact)...but I would imagine there are a number of people just like me who won't ever consider a Ford again. I know no one in my family will either. My BIL and one of my buddies were waiting to see how I liked my Bronco and were probably each going to order one. So just from me that's a minimum of 3 Broncos that won't get ordered. Ditto any other vehicle from Ford. There are plenty of other good options out there.
Thats the thing. Nobody cares about return customers now. They know people will get shit on and come back. Look at last 3 yrs. (March 2020 forward)..Everyone shit on and people keep asking for more.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For me, the solution is simple - take care of the loyal customers who have stood by Ford and get their full orders completed whether they are 2023 vehicles or 2024. You can't make everyone happy here - but common sense tells you to go with the ones that have remained loyal to you the past couple of years. Take care of them first.
While this seems the logical response, it's not even on their radar. They simply don't care. The quicker they disperse us, the better. They will sell these suped up trucks next model year for even more money. And they will sell. This is all nonsense. FORD did this purposefully and knowingly. They used us for hype with 100K reservations. How many got filled? Just shameful after waiting 916 days. I can't even believe that they are pulling this shit at this point.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you read that recent thread by Dixie, it says below but not hanging on words TOO much, but the NOT followed by AND means to me that if you donā€™t change your order and keep waiting, there might be a chance by year end itā€™s built anyway. IDKā€¦maybe Iā€™m reaching/dreaming/hopeful

If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are NOT willing to concede and go into something else, AND your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled!
Iā€™m not waiting for an ā€œif I go into production this yearā€ then get cancelled if it doesnā€™t, if thatā€™s what @Ford is going to do Iā€™m not gambling on a Bronco that may not be EXACTLY what I ordered back in 2021!

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats the thing. Nobody cares about return customers now. They know people will get shit on and come back. Look at last 3 yrs. (March 2020 forward)..Everyone shit on and people keep asking for more.
Some people will. I wonā€™t. I had a bad experience with Jeep back in 1999. Boycotted for life. The hell with them. And double that for Ford if they go through with this.

Again I know Iā€™m just one person and I donā€™t matter. But there are a lot of people in my situation. And a lot of people watching how Ford treats their customers.

the Toyota TRD trims look pretty good to me right out of the box. And they donā€™t seem to have nearly the quality issues these Broncos are having. So itā€™s not like we donā€™t have options.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford is probably counting on cancellations in order to meet production!

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you read that recent thread by Dixie, it says below but not hanging on words TOO much, but the NOT followed by AND means to me that if you donā€™t change your order and keep waiting, there might be a chance by year end itā€™s built anyway. IDKā€¦maybe Iā€™m reaching/dreaming/hopeful

If you have a HARDTOP, SASQUATCH package or LUX package, if you are NOT willing to concede and go into something else, AND your order doesnā€™t get built in ā€˜23, your order will get cancelled!
You are hanging on to words. Do you have any faith in this notion? FORD has ZERO credibility. I have waited 916 days. They do not communicate. They have no transparency. They are paying you very little to gamble. This is nuts! We don't even know how this affects 2DR. There were over 100K reservations in 2020 at launch. Do we have any notion how many were filled or how many came after and how many of those got filled/are left. And, now stay with me, you watch.... after this purging next week, THEY WILL reopen the order banks with a quickness. If they do, you will know I was correct.
Sponsored