Sponsored

If you could tell ford 5 things to improve the "next gen" factory bronco update. What would they be?

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No thanks on the shift paddles. It does not feel like driving a manual at all. They are fun for a minute driving fast in a fast car, but the worst of both worlds with regular driving
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To increase the payload capacity of the bronco. Both bronco and Jeep are half the pay load of the new defender and thus hard to legally equip any gear for overlanding.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better interior plastics.. the inside plastics scratch SO easy. I don't care about all the soft touch bla bla bla. If you're going to use hard plastics, at least make them durable. My cargo area is completely scratched to shit already after a few trips.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like an updated dash screen. Feels 1/2 finished and not thought out.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. only offer 2-3 trim levels to eliminate confusion
2. offer marine grade interior as an option on those trim levels
3. LED signature lighting standard on front and rear
4. keep pushing benchmarks. Continue to be BOLD. Factory 35's were a huge surprise to me when announced for the Bronco. 37's as an option?!
5. Increase towing capacity. Or at least have a package for those that do more towing than off-roading. Even if it sacrifices some offroad capability.

That said I love my 2.3 Auto Sasquatch and plan on keeping it for a long time!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. White Top

2. White Top

3. White Top

4. White Top

5. White Top

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make only one model. A bare bones off road beast. Two motor options , six turbo and eight push rod. Auto or manual on either. MGV interior. All the off road suspension. All analog gauges. Minimal “ safety” features. Only those required by law. One fantastic sound system. No playing around bumpers. MOD top only. Painted as well . If anyone needs all the fluff and luxury, then buy an Expedition. Oh, it is to dream.

BucknB

Base
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Prius
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only have one; include an "ejecto seato cuz" ;)

Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seeing as we are heading into year 2 now of the bronco. Eventually ford will head to the drawing board and update the car inside and out like jeep has been doing with the wrangler every few years(JK to JL) so what are some hard changes that you would like to see with the bronco in 5+ years when they decide to update it

1. Stay away from electric until you have your own DEDICATED bronco frame/platform/ and new safer batteries (solid state aka 5-10 years from now)
Im a big fan of electric vehicles. In concept. Unfortunately politics has decided to push the tech way way to early and consumers are getting burned by cars that will eventually age like ipads instead of cars. When solid state technology hits the industry , its going to revolutionize the practicality of electric vehicles by MUCH faster charging (comparable to a gas tank fill up) and MUCH MUCH safer batteries that wont boil you alive in your car at temperatures that can melt titanium.

Its also important that ford develop its own platform and not just try to shove batteries in gaps of the t6 platform. Im a big big fan of this retro design for a "electric" or "powerboost" bronco that has a flat bed/folding tailgate that is stacked with batteries for a ton of extra range. If ford ever wants to make a bronco "lightning" they should skip trying to adapt the current bronco and instead go for a new member of the family that meets the "gladiator" gap. Ford canceled the bronco pickup , however pickups are superior for battery storage. so maybe ford can bring this design to the table for electric.
2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings.jpg

2. V8 compatibility.
"but the power of the 2.7 is fine look at the numbers" "v8 whiners are annoying" That isnt the point. Is the 2.7/3.0 better on paper? maybe. The point is that off roaders and car people alike love the v8 and love naturally aspirated engines. Its also important that ford understand that while we are entering the twilight of ICE engine , they should be thinking about preserving the legacy of these engines by producing a platform that allows proper mounting and compatibility instead of fabrication work. The coyote crate engine should be something ford produces 30+ years from now for hobbyists and car fans , and we need a bronco platform/frame that will be able to simply drop this engine into it. As well as a beefy transmission that can handle it. There is a reason that the old broncos are still around. Imagine the lasting power of broncos that have aluminum paneling. This is going to be fords swan song to an era they started and can end. The v8 needs to be a part of it.

3. No more "fun" blocking
The current bronco is very impressive that it allows consumers of any model enjoy the sasquatch package. However it blocks anybody without a 2.3 engine from having a manual transmission. It also up until recently blocked people from having manual+ sasquach. In the future the bronco should be designed from the ground up to provide this kind of fun at all trim levels. Ford should do a deep dive on design and make sure that while there are differences in the trim levels. You should be able to go anywhere in a base that you can in a badlands regardless of the engine you pick but also have FUN doing it. So if ford decides to axe the manual transmission in the future for whatever reason , ALL bronco models regardless of trim should have FUN shift paddles for example. Nobody should be left out of the fun stuff. Maybe even a electric "faux" stick shift.

4. Removable AND fold flat and flush rear seating.
People need room in their cars. Sometimes they need seating. Sometimes they need storage. Ford should make sure that every single bronco model , 4 door and 2 door , has rear seating that allows expansive storage options. Or even removable all together. Being able to fold your seat flat is good. However that utility is increased 10 fold if the seats fold flat AND flush with the rear floor. This will enable a massive gain in utility from factory broncos. Ford should design the rear of the vehicle specifically for this and make sure all it takes to turn your bronco from a kid pickerupper to a pseudo pickup , is flipping down the seats. Also make sure the rear of the seats are not carpet this time!

5. Less complex manufacture by streamlining features and trims
Eventually when this new bronco drops. Tech will have moved on quite a bit. I believe all broncos in the future should have the 12 inch screen (or whatever exists at the time as the premium option) with no alternative option. This streamlines the production and makes it simple. I also believe all trims should have standard washout flooring on all trims , with the option to put removable carpet in. But most important. Ford needs to get rid of some trims. There should be a base. A "luxury mom car." and a badlands. And (maybe) something beyond (the raptor should replace the wildtrack in my opinion) . But ultimately you only really need 3 trims. 1 low cost bare bones trim , a middle trim for people who dont need extreme off road features , and the extreme version. This makes manufacture very simple.
I have taken delivery of my Bronco as well.

1. I'd be the first to hop on the electric bandwagon if Ford ever released an Electric Bronco. I've driven a Telsa and yes, I love the way the Bronco drives it is outdated technology "ICE". Driving a vehicle with an electric motor is far and away 100 times better than what an ICE engine can ever provide. There is many on this forum that have said they wanted an Electric Bronco. I'd glady trade my Bronco in a few years if they release one. I seriously felt I went back in time 20 years after I test drove a Telsa and drove back in our GMC.

2. See part 1....I mean come on my 2003 Mustang Mach 1 had the same power my 2.7 is putting out. Again, old tech no need for V8. The V8 Wrangler is overpriced and not worth it (Tested one). Who wants to pay 80k for a V8 Bronco or Wrangler?

3. I've had a manual vehicle, totally unpopular opinion. But manuals are highly impractical for daily life especially in large urban cities hence why they are going away slowly.

4 & 5. Totally agree...

I would say they need to add a "Tech" package like Jeep. It's ridiculous you have to pay for a high package or a lux package to get a 12-inch screen and adaptive cruise control. I could care less about the other features in those 2 packages but those are the two I really wanted. I couldn't justify going above mid and paying the extra 6k to get them cause I would have had to move to Badlands.

The speedometer is absolutely useless and waste of space. They need a full digital.

Finally, please make the Bronco support 5,000 lbs of towing.

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1. Fill your current orders and stop producing.
2. Provide us an option to have a factory v8 installed post delivery.
3. Make more parts in America on all your vehicles.
4. Let non filled order get AMB.
5. Make white hard tops available for current Eruption Green orders. 4 become moot if agreed to.

Seeing as we are heading into year 2 now of the bronco. Eventually ford will head to the drawing board and update the car inside and out like jeep has been doing with the wrangler every few years(JK to JL) so what are some hard changes that you would like to see with the bronco in 5+ years when they decide to update it

1. Stay away from electric until you have your own DEDICATED bronco frame/platform/ and new safer batteries (solid state aka 5-10 years from now)
Im a big fan of electric vehicles. In concept. Unfortunately politics has decided to push the tech way way to early and consumers are getting burned by cars that will eventually age like ipads instead of cars. When solid state technology hits the industry , its going to revolutionize the practicality of electric vehicles by MUCH faster charging (comparable to a gas tank fill up) and MUCH MUCH safer batteries that wont boil you alive in your car at temperatures that can melt titanium.

Its also important that ford develop its own platform and not just try to shove batteries in gaps of the t6 platform. Im a big big fan of this retro design for a "electric" or "powerboost" bronco that has a flat bed/folding tailgate that is stacked with batteries for a ton of extra range. If ford ever wants to make a bronco "lightning" they should skip trying to adapt the current bronco and instead go for a new member of the family that meets the "gladiator" gap. Ford canceled the bronco pickup , however pickups are superior for battery storage. so maybe ford can bring this design to the table for electric.
2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings.jpg

2. V8 compatibility.
"but the power of the 2.7 is fine look at the numbers" "v8 whiners are annoying" That isnt the point. Is the 2.7/3.0 better on paper? maybe. The point is that off roaders and car people alike love the v8 and love naturally aspirated engines. Its also important that ford understand that while we are entering the twilight of ICE engine , they should be thinking about preserving the legacy of these engines by producing a platform that allows proper mounting and compatibility instead of fabrication work. The coyote crate engine should be something ford produces 30+ years from now for hobbyists and car fans , and we need a bronco platform/frame that will be able to simply drop this engine into it. As well as a beefy transmission that can handle it. There is a reason that the old broncos are still around. Imagine the lasting power of broncos that have aluminum paneling. This is going to be fords swan song to an era they started and can end. The v8 needs to be a part of it.

3. No more "fun" blocking
The current bronco is very impressive that it allows consumers of any model enjoy the sasquatch package. However it blocks anybody without a 2.3 engine from having a manual transmission. It also up until recently blocked people from having manual+ sasquach. In the future the bronco should be designed from the ground up to provide this kind of fun at all trim levels. Ford should do a deep dive on design and make sure that while there are differences in the trim levels. You should be able to go anywhere in a base that you can in a badlands regardless of the engine you pick but also have FUN doing it. So if ford decides to axe the manual transmission in the future for whatever reason , ALL bronco models regardless of trim should have FUN shift paddles for example. Nobody should be left out of the fun stuff. Maybe even a electric "faux" stick shift.

4. Removable AND fold flat and flush rear seating.
People need room in their cars. Sometimes they need seating. Sometimes they need storage. Ford should make sure that every single bronco model , 4 door and 2 door , has rear seating that allows expansive storage options. Or even removable all together. Being able to fold your seat flat is good. However that utility is increased 10 fold if the seats fold flat AND flush with the rear floor. This will enable a massive gain in utility from factory broncos. Ford should design the rear of the vehicle specifically for this and make sure all it takes to turn your bronco from a kid pickerupper to a pseudo pickup , is flipping down the seats. Also make sure the rear of the seats are not carpet this time!

5. Less complex manufacture by streamlining features and trims
Eventually when this new bronco drops. Tech will have moved on quite a bit. I believe all broncos in the future should have the 12 inch screen (or whatever exists at the time as the premium option) with no alternative option. This streamlines the production and makes it simple. I also believe all trims should have standard washout flooring on all trims , with the option to put removable carpet in. But most important. Ford needs to get rid of some trims. There should be a base. A "luxury mom car." and a badlands. And (maybe) something beyond (the raptor should replace the wildtrack in my opinion) . But ultimately you only really need 3 trims. 1 low cost bare bones trim , a middle trim for people who dont need extreme off road features , and the extreme version. This makes manufacture very simple.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1. Figure out where my reservation is,
2. Make it visible on the Ford website so I can order,
3. Call me back like you promised me numerous times over the last 8 months

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't understand the instrument panel whining until I spent time behind mine. @Ford Motor Company A real tach would be cool.

I don't know if this will make sense, but the view out the drivers seat makes me feel like it should have a V8. Having this commanding feeling and then hearing a rental car 4 cylinder sound really hurts my soul.

All this being said, I still love it. These would make me love it more.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strengthen CV shafts and joints on all models.
Sponsored