Sponsored

If you could tell ford 5 things to improve the "next gen" factory bronco update. What would they be?

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4. Removable AND fold flat and flush rear seating.
People need room in their cars. Sometimes they need seating. Sometimes they need storage. Ford should make sure that every single bronco model , 4 door and 2 door , has rear seating that allows expansive storage options. Or even removable all together. Being able to fold your seat flat is good. However that utility is increased 10 fold if the seats fold flat AND flush with the rear floor. This will enable a massive gain in utility from factory broncos. Ford should design the rear of the vehicle specifically for this and make sure all it takes to turn your bronco from a kid pickerupper to a pseudo pickup , is flipping down the seats. Also make sure the rear of the seats are not carpet this time!
Exactly. I was really hoping for a flat surface with seats folded. I had this same complaint with my FJ.
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Rocky88

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) add a real damned tach / analog looking tach view, or replace analog speedo with tach / make speed digital only

2) max tow package to 5000lbs

3) 7MT with 2.7

4) better clutch and brake variation / feel

5) improve easily scratched cheap looking interior plastic

And thatā€™s assuming they someday soon come out with a quality top - particularly a white one.
Everything you said plus the fender flares..The stopped them to short where rocks can kick up and ding your paint.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with much of whatā€™s here, but a fold down tailgate will never happen. The full size Broncos routinely suffered damage if the spare tire mount swung open or was pushed too far.

850C7EF1-F08D-45A1-9913-BC34AA53AABF.jpeg

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree with pretty much all your points except 5. The Bronco needs more "complex manufacture", not less. Not talking about trims specifically, but as Gentleman Bronco mentioned I want more a la cart features. I shouldn't be forced to buy some expensive luxury with ridiculous radar sensors just to get a heated steering wheel.

For my wants that you haven't already covered, I'd like a FSB style tailgate with power rear window. A front 40/20/40 seat would be cool too, especially for us 2 door owners to be able to sit 3 in the front when the rear seat is pulled or seat 5 like the 4-door.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree with much of whatā€™s here, but a fold down tailgate will never happen. The full size Broncos routinely suffered damage if the spare tire mount swung open or was pushed too far.

850C7EF1-F08D-45A1-9913-BC34AA53AABF.jpeg
Technology and design has come a long since then. I think the new bronco "swing"? gate automatically stops at a certain point before allowing you to open it further. Don't see why Ford couldn't do something similar with the tire carrier. There are also retrofits for the FSB tire carrier with a locking pin setup to keep the carrier in place when opened up.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think design/engineering should have been approached differently for the Badlands SAS . . . basically one of the most cable off-road vehicles ever produced . . . with it being maxed out in terms of GVWR (weight/center of gravity). Now we can't add a roof rack, a brush guard, and some other accessories due to this issue.
This is a great point. This is the one area where it seems like Ford engineering was cutting it too close. And it's not really something they can easily address until the next full refresh, unless they dump some aspects of the heavy BL or can squeeze out some additional design margin with a more detailed analysis.

I think the GVWR on the maxed BL has also fed into some of the other design decisions (like the design of the roof) that have proved problematic.

CollinsLoop

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No carpet anywhere!!! For those of us who have dogs, why is there carpet on the back of the seats in a Badlands when we just want it utilitarian? The last place I want carpet is where my dog sits.

I have a 2014 FJ, no carpet anywhere. I & my Great Pyrenees thanks Toyota for that.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ā€¢ More cup holders. Ditch the stupid net thingys in the doors and make the true cup holders.

ā€¢ Vents in the back of the center console

ā€¢ Memory power seats for the Lux package. Regardless of MGV seats & washout interior. (Yes, I know they didnā€™t do power because of the washout floor. But all the technology nowadays and they canā€™t make a water proof cover for the motors. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø)

ā€¢ Make wireless charger work better. Itā€™s freaking useless as it is.

ā€¢ No carpet on back of rear seats.

ā€¢ Better interior lighting. Sheā€™s really dark inside at night.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
No carpet anywhere!!! For those of us who have dogs, why is there carpet on the back of the seats in a Badlands when we just want it utilitarian? The last place I want carpet is where my dog sits.

I have a 2014 FJ, no carpet anywhere. I & my Great Pyrenees thanks Toyota for that.
Agreed, I don't want carpet in my vehicle anywhere.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A smaller version of the 7.3 would probably be better but would Ford make a unique engine for the Bronco.
They (@Ford Motor Company) are (well reportedly) working on a Baby Godzilla Engine. In my opinion, that would be Perfect for the Bronco & F150s.

Last edited:

EmilioLizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trek FX
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1) vents on the back of the console
2) adaptive cruise on lower trim as an option
3) super minor- saw a white Bronco with no rock rails or steps and that area (pinch welds?) looks kinda unfinished. Needs a piece of trim or just paint it black or something.
4) figure out a way to reward less scummy dealers with no ADM or just officially do X-plan. I know once demand dies this will probably fix itself but not exactly creating a positive brand impression. Reserving/ordering/waiting and only later getting hit with ADMā€¦
5) whereā€™s that ā€œheritageā€ edition? šŸ˜