Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the bad weather and craziness wasn't able to get to this until today.

Backstory: Transferred from Jacksonville, FL and bought a house in Spring, TX at the end of December. Closed December 31st and got our housing stuff on January 4th. Had to leave January 6th to go back to Jacksonville and then onto Pensacola, FL for a 5 week school. Spent 3 of those weeks in a hotel on Restricted Movement due to COVID case in the building. Get back last Friday to celebrate oldest son's and my brother's B-day. Then prep for coming storm and celebrate Valentine's day where I got my new smoker.
Ford Bronco If you got 'em smoke 'em 20210213_115841

Lost power most of the day yesterday so to save the brisket I had in the freezer I pulled it out to smoke today. Got up at 6:30 to start the fire and put out the pups.

Ford Bronco If you got 'em smoke 'em 20210216_161724

Prepped the slab by trimming the fat and injecting apple cider vinegar and seasoning into it. Cut it in half to fit on the grate and had it on by 8:30. At 11:30 it looks like this with another 5-6 hours to go.
Ford Bronco If you got 'em smoke 'em 20210218_111919
Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice crust going there...but if yer lookin', you ain't cookin'! Close the dang lid! 😁

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!

Also thank you for your service! My wife's sister and family are stationed in Jacksonville at the moment.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang it man. Fine looking vittles there.
We have a Blackstone, regular charcoal grill, and a Traeger.
Over a year's time I use the Blackstone the most (quick and easy in most any weather), the charcoal the 2nd most, and the Traeger the least.
I haven't quite got the Traeger figured out to do exactly what i expect with the flavoring I want.
Going to experiment with different smoke-flavored pellets and see what I like best.
Big fan of Mesquite and Hickory wood chips in my charcoal grill.
Another drawback of the Traeger is that if you have no power, you're SOL. At least I can still cook on the other two if needed.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice! Oldest son got out last year with 21 years in, stayed in Jacksonville. Went down and partied/cooked with him and some of his neighbors, almost all also Navy. Good times...

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXNavy

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over a year's time I use the Blackstone the most (quick and easy in most any weather), the charcoal the 2nd most, and the Traeger the least.
I've gone from learning on my father-in-laws passed down propane grill to Char-Broil split propane/charcoal with smokebox to now this over the past 10 years. I expect later on I'll get another bigger smoker once I figure out what I can afford and use.

I haven't quite got the Traeger figured out to do exactly what i expect with the flavoring I want.
Going to experiment with different smoke-flavored pellets and see what I like best.
Another drawback of the Traeger is that if you have no power, you're SOL.
My brother-in-law has a Traeger and is jealous that I'm smoking the brisket cause he has been losing power off and on. I'm a big fan of mesquite and hickory myself. I think it's just something we learn early on in Texas BBQ that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. It was a good thing that I cut it in two as I used Bellville Texas Beef and Brisket Rub on one and was about to put it on the other when my wife said she wanted my homemade BBQ rub that I typically use for pork ribs and shoulders. This way I get to figure out what I like and don't like about each on brisket.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Two things here. (1) It doesn't look like the pups wanted to go out. They look mighty comfy to me. (2) I don't remember seeing the invite for us to come over. :)

Looks mighty good.........

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Backstory: Transferred from Jacksonville, FL and bought a house in Spring, TX at the end of December. Closed December 31st and got our housing stuff on January 4th. Had to leave January 6th to go back to Jacksonville and then onto Pensacola, FL for a 5 week school. Spent 3 of those weeks in a hotel on Restricted Movement due to COVID case in the building. Get back last Friday to celebrate oldest son's and my brother's B-day. Then prep for coming storm and celebrate Valentine's day where I got my new smoker.

Lost power most of the day yesterday so to save the brisket I had in the freezer I pulled it out to smoke today. Got up at 6:30 to start the fire and put out the pups.

Prepped the slab by trimming the fat and injecting apple cider vinegar and seasoning into it. Cut it in half to fit on the grate and had it on by 8:30. At 11:30 it looks like this with another 5-6 hours to go.
I just scrolled through the pics. Did you cook your dogs?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love it!

Love my Traeger. Didn't think about the no power angle though. but man, everything I cook on the Traeger comes out amazing. Only one time these kabobs I did came out terrible. But that was more user error then the Traeger's fault.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TXNavy

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be the next one on that smoker if I did that. The Golden Retriever was supposed to be my wife's dog but she is totally mine. The black dog is a Bernese/Shepherd mix that my wife got from the Humane Society in Conroe while I was away. He is really sweet and keeps his sister entertained.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dang it man. Fine looking vittles there.
We have a Blackstone, regular charcoal grill, and a Traeger.
Another drawback of the Traeger is that if you have no power, you're SOL. At least I can still cook on the other two if needed.
I use my Traeger all the time. I love it! If you decide to use any "flavored" pellets (pecan, apple, cherry), be aware that they will not last anywhere close to the others. I use Oak or Alder regularly. If I want the other flavors, I mix them in with either of the main 2. Apple burns almost twice as fast as the Oak. On 225, 20lb bag of Oak - about 10 hours, 20lb apple - about 6 hours.
My Traeger is a Lil Tex that is over 15 years old. I got a Pit Boss Vertical pellet smoker as a gift and it does great too. Only issue with it is that it does not heat evenly throughout the whole smoker but I do not have a problem moving around the 10 chickens it will hold.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the random ad that popped up right below your pictures. I thought it was a part of them. I was like damn, what did you just do to your poor dogs??

Ford Bronco If you got 'em smoke 'em E79DCD22-F874-496B-8C11-4CCF4EFD0B16
THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT! Jesus!

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got up at 6:30 to start the fire and put out the pups.

THOSE POOR DOGS
Sponsored