Sponsored

If you want 2022: Code 99 or wait to convert?

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are a day one reservation but want to wait for a 2022, it was said that you have to wait this summer to convert reservations.
But I have also read somewhere that you should convert it now and have the dealer put a priority code 99 which will put the order on hold until later.

So what's the consensus on that?
Sponsored

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I can say is what my dealer told me. 19 is for MY21, he didn't specify what 99 for.

For what ever that is worth

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Convert your reservation to an order now, have your dealer place a 99 code on it then this summer when order banks open back up your order will just need to have the code changed unless you want to make changes.

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford informed dealers those opting to wait for MY22 will need to have an oder placed in the system prior to the March date as order code 99 in the system now so we do not lose our timestamp. It is just a placeholder, you can change trim, etc. When MY22 order banks open up.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford informed dealers those opting to wait for MY22 will need to have an oder placed in the system prior to the March date as order code 99 in the system now so we do not lose our timestamp. It is just a placeholder, you can change trim, etc. When MY22 order banks open up.
There was a post from Stephens saying that..... but the next day Ford backstepped and said it was NOT necessary to convert the order to keep your res timestamp.
Edit: To clarify, John's post said there was a Ford vid saying unconverted reservations would be cancelled, then Ford released another vid saying they would carry over into 2022.
Sooooo... conflicting info from Ford.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lothbrok

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a post from Stephens saying that..... but the next day Ford backstepped and said it was NOT necessary to convert the order to keep your res timestamp.
Hmm interesting ... John didn't tell us they backstepped it (sent us an email about it). I'm curious if that is true.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading the last messages it seems I am not the only one to think it's unclear.
Even if it's unclear, converting now and coding it 99 for sure gets you in the system... and you can modify your order as much as you want (ford is anticipating this happening once MY22 options are revealed).

If you decide it doesn't matter, and you don't convert now... and it turns out it did matter... well.... then you're screwed.

Convert and 99. That's my position on the matter.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Convert, it stays 99 till we modify and submit the modified order. That's what Ford is asking is to do.
Sponsored