Sponsored

If you wanted to "make" a trim, what would it be? What would it be called?

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just want MGV on my basesquatch :cry:

Upgrading to BD for it costs me an extra $7k. I've got the money but I couldn't care less about the other features in BD so the value proposition just isn't there for me. I get that they design the trims to upsell you but damn that one hurts. Oh well, Katzkins here I come.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No trim. Just a Bronco. With the ability to choose options a la carte, without being forced into packages, etc.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great Lakes it fits right in with the other trim levels..

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NEVER..... its what most people that order one will get..

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really a trim but an idea that's been rolling around in my head since Ford released the 36 variants of the Bronco.

NO TRIMS.

*&^% TRIM LEVELS!

Have a Bronco, the dealer shows what you can do with it and you choose as you please. Would this have been a clusterf*&# with how production has been? Yeah. But in "normal times" this is how cars should be built. No shoehorning people into expensive packages only to miss out on something else they want.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No trim. Just a Bronco. With the ability to choose options a la carte, without being forced into packages, etc.
Have a Bronco, the dealer shows what you can do with it and you choose as you please. Would this have been a clusterf*&# with how production has been? Yeah. But in "normal times" this is how cars should be built. No shoehorning people into expensive packages only to miss out on something else they want.

Ancient thread, so I'm not reviewing it, but this will never happen. With dozens of options, some with multiple choices, you would end up with literally thousands of possible configurations. Line workers putting these things together would never have time to review every build sheet for each specific part to install (or not install).

You would get so many vehicles that weren't built to exact spec, it would be a massive clusterfuck.

You want a bespoke Rolls-Royce or Ferrari? They can do that. Never gonna happen with any real production vehicle.

The mere fact that you can get a Base with Sasquatch and nothing else is a minor miracle...

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really a trim but an idea that's been rolling around in my head since Ford released the 36 variants of the Bronco.

NO TRIMS.

*&^% TRIM LEVELS!

Yup, there was no need for this many trim levels. Forces customers into options they don't want to get the options they want and slows down production with so many variants.

Tesla be like: Model Y?, 4WD? Fast? Self Drive? Done. We'll deliver that in 2 weeks.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, there was no need for this many trim levels. Forces customers into options they don't want to get the options they want and slows down production with so many variants.

Tesla be like: Model Y?, 4WD? Fast? Self Drive? Done. We'll deliver that in 2 weeks.
This is like sitting in a Cheesecake Factory, wishing you were at In-n-Out Burger... 🤨

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did Ford ever manage to build cars in the 60's, where you could pick and choose every option? Want AC, yes or no? Want a V8 or an inline 6? Automatic or manual transmission? What gear ratio do you want in the rearend? Open differential or "posi"? Cloth or vinyl seats? The list went on and on. Ford could start all of these as base models and put all options a la carte.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Turbo Diesel, manual, heated seatsand wheel, jacket heater hoses, decent radio, good lighting, fully water proof interior.

I mean seriously. How damn hard is it to put jacket heater/ac hose ports in something?
Best thing ever in my x3.

it would be called the “how it should have been made” trim.

TheOwl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas, 79 F150, 09 Harley, 22 KTM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have loved to had an Eddie Bauer edition with the Powerboost hybrid engine/ generator with extended range fuel tank. PTO off the transmission for driven on-board air etc. 2" lift above Sasquatch with actual / better 35" tires. Fox / King / Radflow. Upgraded steering / axles. Couple degrees less verticle windshield. Hidden winch mount that doesn't interfere with cameras. Clean up the engine compartment. Boxwood green with Baja tan interior and top. Fold flat rear seats. Better towing capacity. My FJ Cruiser can tow 4400!

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about a Raptor that I could actually find and buy for something close to MSRP.

All the options plus blue cruse and ventilated seats.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronquistador

Baja 1000 focused with King Long Travel suspension, the 3.0 V6, No radio, No AC, Exposed Roll Cage, True dual exhaust and last but not least, welded doors lol
Sponsored