First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is for the folks who wouldn't normally consider the base Bronco.

If Ford made a color that you absolutely loved more than any other color offered, but only offered it on the base model, would you buy a base?? Would you give up options to have a color that you would love for many many years?? Your dream color Bronco. Or would you settle on a second best color just to have those creature comforts??
Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose it depends on the color, i might bite and get a base then build it out with aftermarket parts. Honestly the only colors I like are the lightning blue on FE and the CO. And I'm getting CO for my badlands. And I think the only reason I like the lightning blue so much is because I can't order it on my build.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford made a color that you absolutely loved more than any other color offered, but only offered it on the base model, would you buy a base?? Would you give up options to have a color that you would love for many many years?? Your dream color Bronco. Or would you settle on a second best color just to have those creature comforts??
I would consider it and weigh out cost vs. what I wanted that is more expensive.
Being as I know I can paint it whatever color I wanted myself, the cost for that is far below the cost for options that I find desirable or needed on higher trims.
However...It is a lot of work and almost a travesty to sand a brand new vehicle.
Also, a bare-bones capable base is very, very tempting.
You can do a whole lot of build-up from there with bolt-ons.
I have ordered mine but seriously lay in bed last night considering if I might have had more long-term fun with a base, doing it as I wanted to.
In the end I've ordered a BL, pretty far above in price and options from a base because I wanted the suspension, drivetrain upgrades and the MGV.
But that semi-conscious, sleepy part of me still ran the numbers and wondered what I could have built from a 2.3 base with the cost difference...

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, mid package with heated seats and remote start are more important than special color for me

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, mid package with heated seats and remote start are more important than special color for me my wife
Fixed it

I was at Base (w/SAS) but my loving wife "suggested" that a Mid Package would be nice to have...........................and I wanted Advanced 4x4 so here we are at BD (Non-SAS).

Last edited:

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope. The only feature that is a must have for me is the proximity key. Can't get that on a base. Call me spoiled, but I haven't taken my key out of my pocket for 10 years. Not sure I remember where to stick it.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nope. I can always find a color I'm happy with.

Typically when I'm getting a new auto, choosing between multiple colors is my main issue and I usually don't even have a stand out favorite. (current problem was A51 vs LB)

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Fixed it

I was at Base (w/SAS) but my loving wife "suggested" that a Mid Package would be nice to have...........................and I wanted Advanced 4x4 so here we are at BD (Non-SAS).
HAHA, that's great, but it's really me.
Could I deal with the really cold days? Sure, I guess.....Do I want to? Hell no.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. Color is the lowest of priorities on my want list. Getting the right equipment to do what I want to do with it is the A#1 thing for me.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Base Man-Squatch? Hell yeah!

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This fits me to a T. Its Cyber Orange or nothing for me, but I'm not thrilled about having to upgrade to a Black Diamond for it (though I'm sure I'll love the washout interior). I could care less about the modular front bumper, rear locker and other BD extras, will be getting it with just the auto transmission as the only extra add-on. I'd rather be putting the ~$175 difference in monthly payments between the base and the black diamond towards my mortgage or 401k than a depreciable asset.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope. The only feature that is a must have for me is the proximity key. Can't get that on a base. Call me spoiled, but I haven't taken my key out of my pocket for 10 years. Not sure I remember where to stick it.
Keys are so barbaric, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with one.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Keys are so barbaric, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with one.
They are barbaric. You use them to stab that mofo trying to steal your ride right in the eyeball.
Sponsored