Sponsored

If you're Ford, which trim do you tool your line for 1st?

If you're Ford, which trim do you tool your line for 1st?

• Total voters

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every work station is continually loaded to match the scheduled production orders, it's logistical magic at it's finest. Raptors, Limiteds and 2WD XLs are all made in a continuous stream.
LOL, and you'd think from reading this forum that Ford doesn't have the first freaking clue as to what they are doing!!!!

Usually, since I've been following this since 2016, when something frustrates me , I end up researching and learning about the process and understanding why it has to be that way.

Currently, the departure from the stated reservation fulfillment process is at the top of my list. lol
(edit: and due to some editing going on, even that may be "under review" already, lol . Change is definitely a constant around here!!)
Sponsored

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what people think. Automated assembly lines are complex to re-tool for different options. If you were Ford and - all other things being equal - you were starting up your 1st production run, which trim would you push FIRST?

For my part, I think Badlands. Primarily for selfish reasons.... But also because I think it will easily be the biggest seller and getting brand awareness/demand early will be critical to establishing it against the Rubicon.
Badlands is the direct competition to Rubicon, so I agree that if possible Ford will give it top priority for initial builds to establish Bronco brand as serious competitor.

But even if they wanted to produce nothing but Badlands for the first 3 months, that is likely impossible due to part production capacity. They need to get multiple trims in production quickly to balance the parts supply (for example, a supplier likely can't deliver 50K swaybar disconnects all at once - the component production has to be spread over the year).

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They're all made on the same line, nothing needs to be re-tooled for options...
This

The line is tooled for all trims and models. What each build gets will determine how long it stays in the line to get items added.
For Instance a Base with no packages will leave the assembly line first where as an Outer Banks with the High package will stay on the line longer.

The late addition manual sasquatch package is probably considered a special option now and will be pulled out somewhere along the line and brought to a separate area. Mainly because the line was tooled for certain options and packages and there may not be resources to add it in at this point. Hence the late delivery for these versions.
Sponsored