Sponsored

If you're out there bucking and ducking...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can draw any conclusions you want. I pointed-out that a woman started this trend, and you gave a dissertation. Who’s triggered?
You still were. You weren’t witty enough to “disguise” your true intent; there was clear female hostility.

I may not be a genius, but I’m smart enough to figure you out.

My point is, things shouldn’t come down to what gender does what or not, because it‘s usually not accurate and honestly shouldn’t matter.

I will always defend what or who deserves to be defended from whoever, wherever, and whenever it seems necessary.
Sponsored

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want all the ducks :devilish: I think its a cute trend. NC, lets start bucking and ducking, with caution, please.
Despite the Clint Eastwoods and the high protein diet types that always flood the duck threads, I'm with you. I wish I saw more ducks and waves come my way in NC.

Deb68nc

Outer Banks
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How about a lottery ticket? Would that be ok? 😝

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of mf writes like a Walmart brand Charles Dickens yet can't be bothered to use basic capitalization.
i've never read Charles Dickens. maybe i'll give it a go.

i don't bother with fixing capitalization unless i'm posting about something important. this ducking topic is so trivial it might not even rate on my important scale. certainly it is near the bottom and doesn't deserve the time to re-format.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You still were. You weren’t witty enough to “disguise” your true intent; there was clear female hostility.

I may not be a genius, but I’m smart enough to figure you out.

My point is, things shouldn’t come down to what gender does what or not, because it‘s usually not accurate and honestly shouldn’t matter.

I will always defend what or who deserves to be defended from whoever, wherever, and whenever it seems necessary.
Hero. 💯

Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Imagine complaining about free gifts and acts of goodwill and appreciation, lol

I can understand not wanting people to mess with your property, but hating the trend because it could 'damage your paint' on your hardcore off-roader is just proof that you should get rid of your mall-crawler and get an Edge.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do think there’s nuance to this though, right? Obviously there’s no damage done—to one’s feelings or property—but what would compel someone to put her hands on someone else’s property?

It’s like if a woman walks by and a guy pats her on the butt—to say she’s been damaged would be a bit harsh—but why do it in the first place? Just leave her alone. Leave people’s property alone.
Not a real apples to apples analogy in my opinion, but It's a 6K hunk of metal, and plastic designed to be a rock crawling GOAT (allegedly). A rubber ducky ain't damaging it.

I get people don't want others touching their stuff, but in the scheme of life it just doesn't rise to the ire some are putting on display here.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a real apples to apples analogy in my opinion, but It's a 6K hunk of metal, and plastic designed to be a rock crawling GOAT (allegedly). A rubber ducky ain't damaging it.

I get people don't want others touching their stuff, but in the scheme of life it just doesn't rise to the ire some are putting on display here.
I agree with you—it’s not apples-to-apples. I do think it still illustrates my point though, even if in a crude manner.

But you know what’s funny? The part you said of a rubber ducky and a 6k hunk of metal parallels with my example of patting someone on the ass—if one is really hurt by that emotionally, maybe she should speak to someone, because what damage is really done? HOWEVER, we expect people to keep their hands to themselves, right? That’s my point.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you—it’s not apples-to-apples. I do think it still illustrates my point though, even if in a crude manner.

But you know what’s funny? The part you said of a rubber ducky and a 6k hunk of metal parallels with my example of patting someone on the ass—if one is really hurt by that emotionally, maybe she should speak to someone, because what damage is really done? HOWEVER, we expect people to keep their hands to themselves, right? That’s my point.

Hahaha yeah, good point. The old school me agrees with you. The new world order says You're now a sex offender.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

interesting take. i didn't expect that interpretation of my arguments.

but, since my argument is playing with / sharing plastic toy ducks is not adulthood behavior, and i don't/won't participate in this ducking trend (or playing with toys), then the credibility of my adulthood is much greater than those that do participate.
Sometimes it takes an outside observer to notice, and you're far too close to the subject to be objective about it. Nobody questioned your adulthood until you brought it up and became defensive. Can you unequivocally define what constitutes an adult, and therefore adult behavior?

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes it takes an outside observer to notice, and you're far too close to the subject to be objective about it. Nobody questioned your adulthood until you brought it up and became defensive. Can you unequivocally define what constitutes an adult, and therefore adult behavior?
I didn't bring up adulthood, you (or someone else) did. It would be up to them to provide a definition.

I've been saying rubber ducks are toys. Toys are for children (provided definition earlier). Giving toys to adults is therefore childish behavior. Expecting adults to be joyed to receive toys is childish behavior.
Re: adulthood. I said me not wanting to receive or give toys to adults makes me relatively more adult than a person who does partake in said childish behavior.

I'm certainly not defensive, just arguing the above point in the hope that the person who thinks it's fun to leave their toys (trash to me) on my car will think twice about their child-like behavior.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hahaha yeah, good point. The old school me agrees with you. The new world order says You're now a sex offender.
I’m in 💯 agreement with you. And I don’t go around patting anyone on the butt, but people, can we toughen-up just a tad please?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn't bring up adulthood, you (or someone else) did. It would be up to them to provide a definition.

I've been saying rubber ducks are toys. Toys are for children (provided definition earlier). Giving toys to adults is therefore childish behavior. Expecting adults to be joyed to receive toys is childish behavior.
Re: adulthood. I said me not wanting to receive or give toys to adults makes me relatively more adult than a person who does partake in said childish behavior.

I'm certainly not defensive, just arguing the above point in the hope that the person who thinks it's fun to leave their toys (trash to me) on my car will think twice about their child-like behavior.
I don't own any toys and haven't since I was a child, in both mind and body. 🤷‍♂️
Denying you are a child is a means to define yourself as an adult.
Therefore, you were bringing the subject of your adulthood into the discussion.
Again, this suggests you know the difference between child and adult, and can therefore define what an adult and their behavior is, and by inference, what a child and their behavior is.

The reality is that childhood and adulthood is a subjective term in all but legal framework; their behaviors frequently overlap and are not mutually exclusive of one another. Attempting to make objective statements in that regard is an exercise in futility.

I really don't care, I just felt like having a ridiculous conversation :poop:

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m in 💯 agreement with you. And I don’t go around patting anyone on the butt, but people, can we toughen-up just a tad please?

Says can we toughen-up a tad, get absolutely triggered by rubber ducks and women.

COMEDY GOLD PEOPLE.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Says can we toughen-up a tad, get absolutely triggered by rubber ducks and women.

COMEDY GOLD PEOPLE.
Ohh god!!! I was thinking the same thing!

The irony here is a sort of microcosm of today’s America.

Wanting to be and being….. different. Can’t recognize parallel arguments within one’s own self-identity and stream of conscience. Live’s life as a projection of what could be, but not actuality. The irony between internal self image and one’s projection and the perception of others.

In other words, lacking confidence, full of fear, yet wanting to appear strong.

I give up. Moving on from the thread. However, I do think in some ways this thread was healthy and hopefully eye opening for some.
Sponsored