James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder, can Hoss 3.0 be retrofitted to a badlands?
Sponsored

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got one of the first HOSS3.0s delivered. Yeah, July 14 reservation, what I thought was my second reservation (apparently credit card failure or something on my first edition reservation), that I 99’d a few times, but most importantly for the HOSS3.0 upgrade. steering rack being the big one for me. Rides great on road and off. Handles the speed great is you can look past the rippling hood…..
Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving 52C3F266-D8E6-4922-9558-1412F1E9AB85
Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving DA86D96F-DFAC-4782-B9FB-16BD633A2553

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder, can Hoss 3.0 be retrofitted to a badlands?
Yes, that is the steering rack being the hardest thing to get programmed has finally been successfully added by quite a few people. There is a whole thread.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, that is the steering rack being the hardest thing to get programmed has finally been successfully added by quite a few people. There is a whole thread.
Happen to have link? thanks!

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad to hear all the good things. Can't wait for my WT 2 Door!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Easier said than done for most of us i'd say. There is Bronco listed for sale in Bozeman, MT by a car dealer that is over 50K for a base model. I am at 13 months waiting, and I will continue to fall into the sunk cost fallacy because I ONLY want to pay 50K+ for the EXACT thing I want. No lot outer banks for me. But yes, I am keeping an eye out for a 2D Wildtrak with High Pkg and Hoss 3.0. I guess I'd compromise on the color ;)
Cause the Outer Banks Edition sux... ;)

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

As with most on this forum, I began my journey in July of 2020. I followed all the deadlines and held out (99d my order) for the black roof that was promised for the Wildtrak. When Ford finally announced no black roofs my dealership prioritized my order and I was picked up at the end of 2022. The only consolation prize was getting the HOSS 3.0 that I wouldn't have gotten had I been a 2021/early 2022. Several times in this process I almost gave up but this forum (visited almost daily) kept me interested. No words can describe the excitement when you see the bronco you build in real life. All the hate and irritation washes away when you drive away from the dealership. Now for a little productive review.

• Graphics package really helps bring all the black accents together without the black roof.
  • I have very light wind noise above 65 mph. With the radio at 7 (low) you no longer hear any wind noise. If you are driving below 65 I don't believe it is any louder than my 2012 F150.
  • The rear sub rattles. Like most reviews the sound system in the bronco is less than desired.
  • A higher grab handle for the front would have been preferred. The one on the dash really doesn't help much. (plenty of aftermarket out there)
  • Pictures really don't do the vehicle justice on how big it is. I'm a tall guy 6'3" and still its a big step up.
  • There is plenty of room inside the cabin and the seats are very comfortable.
  • HOSS 3.0- I've driven a Wildtrak with the standard HOSS and there really isn't a comparison. The 3.0 soaks up bumps in the road like they are nothing. Larger bumps and off-road terrain also feel smooth (not quite as good as my 2019 Raptor but damn close). If you aren't rock crawling I would spend the little extra and move up to the Wildtrak.
  • MPGs are surprisingly better than expected. I'm getting 18.5 consistently on 87 octane mix of city/hwy. (500 miles of driving so far).

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving DA86D96F-DFAC-4782-B9FB-16BD633A2553
Thanks for sharing. Nice looking ride!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, now that it's been done, it's not that hard... figuring it out first, ya, @BigMeatsBronco deserves a ton of credit.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I respectfully disagree. If you are still waiting on your original order, you are being dragged by leash. Find a retail or used option, preferably without a large markup, which is possible but may be outside your home state. You wanted a Bronco, go get one. Don't wait for it to come to you.
Agree 100%…

Never understood why people would wait potentially years for their order instead of searching the market. I think you’d be surprised how fast you’ll find an abandoned order or dealer stock if you cast a wide enough net. Wildtrak is one of the last ADM holdouts but even that will fade in ‘23. If you want one then go get it!

Sponsored

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cause the Outer Banks Edition sux... ;)
Haha, the ones on the lots do! It’s why they are there 😂 . I’m a little picky, a Sasquatch OBX would indeed be better than no bronco.

sgriffin911

Outer Banks
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX "Largo" + 7 other Fords 1964-2019
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I respectfully disagree. If you are still waiting on your original order, you are being dragged by leash. Find a retail or used option, preferably without a large markup, which is possible but may be outside your home state. You wanted a Bronco, go get one. Don't wait for it to come to you.
I'm with you, and found mine in AZ. I won't say that was a great experience, but I LOVE my Bronco & except for giving in on my 1st color choice it is everything I would have ordered and more. Best thing was having it delivered, I never left home, she came to me!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have enough interest in the vehicle to burn much time finding one. But are you saying if I were inclined to engage in an easter egg hunt in other states, I could get right now a 2-door base manual trans Bronco? Or are you talking one of those 4-door soft top models?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL you "almost" had me convinced to upgrade.
I had much more in there but got to the point where I thought people would stop reading and start blasting me without getting to the end to see where I was TRULY heading! If you’re almost convinced though I can certainly push a little more!
Sponsored