First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if Hoss 3.0 will ever be an option on the badlands?
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with you, and found mine in AZ. I won't say that was a great experience, but I LOVE my Bronco & except for giving in on my 1st color choice it is everything I would have ordered and more. Best thing was having it delivered, I never left home, she came to me!
Did the same with mine. Had a previous post on why I cancelled my reservation (not the typical reasons.) Ended up finding mine in March of this year in Houston. Was probably 95% of what I was going to order with being a Badlands/Sasquatch instead of a WildTrak being the key difference. Got it for MSRP, had a blast on the 2000 mile trip home and loved it every day since.

Day 1:

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving A16EB8C3-A1C3-487E-B95E-5A473D1A4F9D

Mid year:

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving 1BB7DAC5-641C-427B-8BBF-54BA3AB35747

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, '20 Gladiator Rubicon, '15 JKUR, '05 LJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thou
As with most on this forum, I began my journey in July of 2020. I followed all the deadlines and held out (99d my order) for the black roof that was promised for the Wildtrak. When Ford finally announced no black roofs my dealership prioritized my order and I was picked up at the end of 2022. The only consolation prize was getting the HOSS 3.0 that I wouldn't have gotten had I been a 2021/early 2022. Several times in this process I almost gave up but this forum (visited almost daily) kept me interested. No words can describe the excitement when you see the bronco you build in real life. All the hate and irritation washes away when you drive away from the dealership. Now for a little productive review.

• Graphics package really helps bring all the black accents together without the black roof.
  • I have very light wind noise above 65 mph. With the radio at 7 (low) you no longer hear any wind noise. If you are driving below 65 I don't believe it is any louder than my 2012 F150.
  • The rear sub rattles. Like most reviews the sound system in the bronco is less than desired.
  • A higher grab handle for the front would have been preferred. The one on the dash really doesn't help much. (plenty of aftermarket out there)
  • Pictures really don't do the vehicle justice on how big it is. I'm a tall guy 6'3" and still its a big step up.
  • There is plenty of room inside the cabin and the seats are very comfortable.
  • HOSS 3.0- I've driven a Wildtrak with the standard HOSS and there really isn't a comparison. The 3.0 soaks up bumps in the road like they are nothing. Larger bumps and off-road terrain also feel smooth (not quite as good as my 2019 Raptor but damn close). If you aren't rock crawling I would spend the little extra and move up to the Wildtrak.
  • MPGs are surprisingly better than expected. I'm getting 18.5 consistently on 87 octane mix of city/hwy. (500 miles of driving so far).

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving 1BB7DAC5-641C-427B-8BBF-54BA3AB35747
I thought the same about the 3.0 ride and handling upon receiving the 23 Wildtrack. Until I swapped it out for the Icon stage 3 coilovers last nightā€¦. Its a night and day difference. Significantly smoother ride and handling with the Icons and thats with 37ā€ baja legend MTZā€™s. The 3.0 had a choppiness to the ride that is completely gone now. But I guess it should for what the Icon setup cost!

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Of course you like HOSS 3.0 and there is no comparison. Its on YOUR truck and YOU are better than US. haha. :) (sarcasm).

OP
OP
A51Bronco

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought the same about the 3.0 ride and handling upon receiving the 23 Wildtrack. Until I swapped it out for the Icon stage 3 coilovers last nightā€¦. Its a night and day difference. Significantly smoother ride and handling with the Icons and thats with 37ā€ baja legend MTZā€™s. The 3.0 had a choppiness to the ride that is completely gone now. But I guess it should for what the Icon setup cost!
LOL more money=better ride!

Of course you like HOSS 3.0 and there is no comparison. Its on YOUR truck and YOU are better than US. haha. :) (sarcasm).
You said it not me..... lol

Sponsored

NEO Motorsport Garage

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.neo-garage.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great write up. I'm in the same boat as you. I was holding out for the painted hard top from the state. Now it looks like my build will be in Feb./Mar. I'm happy I'm getting HOSS 3.0 and will be getting it at $5400 under MSRP when I do get it.

My BIG compromise is that I was going to go with Cyber Orange as I love bright colors and now that can't happen (n) So right now my order is set for V.Blue as it maybe the brightest left to pick.

I can't go to a dealer and pay over msrp it's just not something that's in me. In all my life I have only paid MSRP on a car 1 time and that was on my GT500 I got 8mths ago and I had a hard time doing that:LOL: but it's a truly limited car.

I can't wait to start my bronco build.
Come to Cleveland, my VB wildtrak showed up two days ago, I may or may not take delivery since I got the BRAP. HOSS 3.0, LUX
Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving E7B921C5-68DE-42F8-A8AB-4A7BA684D527

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I had to submit my '23 order I changed from a BD to the WT because of the HOSS 3.0.

I had planned on upgrading the suspension with aftermarket coil overs and raise the ride height slightly. But, upon reflection, I just couldn't justify the cost to do so. I am just not going to need it in the end.
So, for the price adder of the WT over the BD with the HD steering rack/tie rods and HOSS 3.0, I couldn't pass it up.
My Bronco will literally be delivered any day now (possibly today). I can't wait to try it out.
I've only had a ride in a non-SAS BL and a SAS-OB.

Can't wait!

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It gets "windy" lol
I'm glad you added this, because wind noise really.. uh, blows..

The radio is almost only good for country or any music with no base. Might be a serious install hitting mine soon.

I'm 6'4 and yes, PLENTY of room inside. In fact, I have to scoot the seat up a bit from all the way back (never have I ever needed to do this) Back seat is laughable with space.

A weird issue I'm having with being so tall is seeing street lights... The front window is so small and comes down that I find myself ducking to see the lights, or watch for the reflection off the hood.

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh thanks! but I thought hoss was the suspension (fox shocks) can these be purchased and retrofitted ?

Thanks!
JC
The HOSS3.0 package is not just the Ford/Fox tuned Fox 2.5s. It also and more importantly includes an HD steering rack (same one used in the Bronco Raptor) and heavier duty tie rods. The capable steel bumper and the first two steel bash plates are also part of the package as opposed to the front plastic bumper and front plastic cover that is standard on most bronco and was standard on the wildtrak up until MY23. The steering rack is the hardest mechanical install and also requires programming. It is not currently a plug and play package from Ford Performance. The fox Coil overs can be orders from ford, they are a comparatively easy removal and install compared to the steering rack.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The HOSS3.0 package is not just the Ford/Fox tuned Fox 2.5s. It also and more importantly includes an HD steering rack (same one used in the Bronco Raptor) and heavier duty tie rods. The capable steel bumper and the first two steel bash plates are also part of the package as opposed to the front plastic bumper and front plastic cover that is standard on most bronco and was standard on the wildtrak up until MY23. The steering rack is the hardest mechanical install and also requires programming. It is not currently a plug and play package from Ford Performance. The fox Coil overs can be orders from ford, they are a comparatively easy removal and install compared to the steering rack.

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation @Chaos

I am new to the bronco world so it wasnt very clear to me, I am mainly looking for the fox shocks for the improved ride quality, you happen to know if its 100% compatible for a four door Badlands with Sasquatch ?

Thanks again,
JC

Sponsored

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks so much for the detailed explanation @Chaos

I am new to the bronco world so it wasnt very clear to me, I am mainly looking for the fox shocks for the improved ride quality, you happen to know if its 100% compatible for a four door Badlands with Sasquatch ?

Thanks again,
JC
Yes. They will bolt right in.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HOSS3.0 ....I know it suck, worst decision ever ! ! dont buy it !

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving wildtrackh3

as you can tell I'm not enjoying it at all......

RES Jan, got it in November

SO far I've been going 50mph on desert terrain, pretty bad roads, and I haven't find the bottom of the suspension, no bottom outs so far.

https://www.instagram.com/notsourban_gs/

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As with most on this forum, I began my journey in July of 2020. I followed all the deadlines and held out (99d my order) for the black roof that was promised for the Wildtrak. When Ford finally announced no black roofs my dealership prioritized my order and I was picked up at the end of 2022. The only consolation prize was getting the HOSS 3.0 that I wouldn't have gotten had I been a 2021/early 2022. Several times in this process I almost gave up but this forum (visited almost daily) kept me interested. No words can describe the excitement when you see the bronco you build in real life. All the hate and irritation washes away when you drive away from the dealership. Now for a little productive review.

• Graphics package really helps bring all the black accents together without the black roof.
  • I have very light wind noise above 65 mph. With the radio at 7 (low) you no longer hear any wind noise. If you are driving below 65 I don't believe it is any louder than my 2012 F150.
  • The rear sub rattles. Like most reviews the sound system in the bronco is less than desired.
  • A higher grab handle for the front would have been preferred. The one on the dash really doesn't help much. (plenty of aftermarket out there)
  • Pictures really don't do the vehicle justice on how big it is. I'm a tall guy 6'3" and still its a big step up.
  • There is plenty of room inside the cabin and the seats are very comfortable.
  • HOSS 3.0- I've driven a Wildtrak with the standard HOSS and there really isn't a comparison. The 3.0 soaks up bumps in the road like they are nothing. Larger bumps and off-road terrain also feel smooth (not quite as good as my 2019 Raptor but damn close). If you aren't rock crawling I would spend the little extra and move up to the Wildtrak.
  • MPGs are surprisingly better than expected. I'm getting 18.5 consistently on 87 octane mix of city/hwy. (500 miles of driving so far).

Ford Bronco If you're still waiting....it's worth it. Hoss 3.0 review after 1.5 weeks of driving wildtrackh3
man wait till you get out there, i was able to do 50mph on a pretty bad roads and this suspension can take it, you just need to trust it a bit, it will do its job.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree 100%ā€¦

Never understood why people would wait potentially years for their order instead of searching the market. I think youā€™d be surprised how fast youā€™ll find an abandoned order or dealer stock if you cast a wide enough net. Wildtrak is one of the last ADM holdouts but even that will fade in ā€˜23. If you want one then go get it!
Well I waited basically two years from reservation date in 2020 and it was worth it to me. Dealer gave me $1k off of the invoice price and I ended up with HOSS 3.0. Thats a win

Tenon

Raptor
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please rip down washboard or FS roads and keep us updated. I need more stories and reviews to live vicariously through. I am little less interested in how people are modding their Broncos since that's even farther in the future than actually getting mine haha.
Absolutely correct! Thereā€™s obviously plenty of people ready to spend money on a highly capable vehicle, but what I want here is some solid examples of what the stock Broncos are doing.
Sponsored