Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it’s going to be a bloodbath. But hopefully this means more canceled orders lol.
Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^ This.

And BTW, Pintos were actually very safe statistically.
So were Corvairs because Ralph Nader lied.

The GM Bean Counters ruined the Corvair's rep with pricing out the swaybars on the first MY.

You drive a Corsa or Monza and it was a totally different driving experience. Corvairs could have been America's answer to the Porche.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it does better than the Wrangler, LOL! (it probably won't).

Last edited:

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMO they wouldn't have used Boron steel and made CoPilot 360 standard just to have it perform as poorly as the Wrangler.
@Ford Motor Company you deserve a Nobel peace prize! How were you able to over come the laws of physics with software and steel? This is a monumental breakthrough!

Chopper67

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would someone be so kind as to explain the real value in the crash bars? I know there are many opinions out there… don’t need any more of those… I just have a hard time believing hitting anything over 5-10mph these will have any effect… other than puncture a tire and more for insurance to replace…

anyone know the actual technical value?

thanks so much… genuinely want to know.
I am not an expert, but to my knowledge the function of the crash bar under discussion is to force the wheel and tire down and away from the passenger compartment in the event of a small overlap front impact, preserving the driver or front passenger’s leg well and preventing entrapment.

See the Jeep Wrangler video above in the thread. Watch where the left front wheel and tire go (watch the slo-motion version at the end). This is a small overlap test. Note - it’s a big fail to roll the vehicle…. That shouldn’t happen… But you don’t want that wheel and tire just folding back into your legs.

Personally I’ll be very interested to see the results. It will be a factor for me. Nothing wrong with controlling what you can and stacking the odds in your favor. I think the Bronco will do well. Maybe not Subaru well, but better than the Wrangler.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope it won't do the Wrangler Roll (tm), with it's wider face I kind of expect it to spine out not flip over, of course spinning can also end in roll over.

I read somewhere they won't test Sasquatch, so for me the results won't be all that interesting, but I also can't really imagine that little crash bar I'm missing having all that much protective influence in a crash, but who knows. Once the big tires get pushed in and under it'll probably flip, if they get pushed in and then out it might be better.

I don't give too much to these ratings from one crash, but the flipping Wrangler had me concerned, especially since it also doesn't have any side airbags etc. I do have my and other peoples kids in the back quite often.

As for the talk about the 'olden days', my baby seat was a basket on the backseat and we climbed around on the hat rest waving at cars on the Autobahn. We were just lucky that we didn't get into an accident, those that did crash weren't lucky at all. I'm very glad we have all this safety tech nowadays. It works.

Sponsored

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your 🤡 award is in the mail 😘
Was that supposed to be an insult? Im not the idiot talking about steel and software when someone tells you it’ll likely have a poor test due to rollover because high center of gravity. Don’t blame me because you say stupid things.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was that supposed to be an insult? Im not the idiot talking about steel and software when someone tells you it’ll likely have a poor test due to rollover because high center of gravity. Don’t blame me because you say stupid things.
You missed the point. But I expect that 🤣

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you honestly think Ford didn't study that Wrangler rollover? Then invested in standard safety features and more expensive materials just to under perform the main competition? 🤣🤣🤣 Yeah that sounds like FoMoCo 🤪

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t NHTSA what’s on the window sticker?
Sponsored