First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to see how many people cancel due to the crash test rating results :unsure:
Exactly

I couldn't care less, not canceling my order!
Sponsored

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO they wouldn't have used Boron steel and made CoPilot 360 standard just to have it perform as poorly as the Wrangler.
Seriously? Not good.

The old saying "boron is for morons unless there's a war on" still applies.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You missed the point. But I expect that 🤣
Do you honestly think Ford didn't study that Wrangler rollover? Then invested in standard safety features and more expensive materials just to under perform the main competition? 🤣🤣🤣 Yeah that sounds like FoMoCo 🤪
The same Ford that developed the 2.7 that blows up? The top that creaks, leaks and delaminates? The same Ford that can’t paint tailgates or install the correct seats? The same Ford that puts hoses so close they puncture themselves and leak coolant all over the ground? I agree, that does sound like Ford.

Just stop, you are truly making yourself look dumb. The Wrangler has a poor roll over rating, not overall crash rating. It’s because ::gasp:: physics.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same Ford that developed the 2.7 that blows up? The top that creaks, leaks and delaminates? The same Ford that can’t paint tailgates or install the correct seats? The same Ford that puts hoses so close they puncture themselves and leak coolant all over the ground? I agree, that does sound like Ford.

Just stop, you are truly making yourself look dumb. The Wrangler has a poor roll over rating, not overall crash rating. It’s because ::gasp:: physics.
Sounds like you are looking for a Subaru Outback 😘

You mean the SFA physics? 🤔

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So were Corvairs because Ralph Nader lied.

The GM Bean Counters ruined the Corvair's rep with pricing out the swaybars on the first MY.

You drive a Corsa or Monza and it was a totally different driving experience. Corvairs could have been America's answer to the Porche.
100% agree. Nader has eventually led to the boring model diversity we are now experiencing.

Excellent post.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Outback have boron steel too??

SFA physics? Got it.
SFA acts the exact same as a IFS in overlap tests? 🤔 What other vehicles have rolled over on a overlap test?

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, just proof we had it great in the good Ole days before participation trophies. :cool:
Things were much better when modetate impacts almost assuredly resulted in fatalities or serious injures and we could be exposed to all the lead paint we want! Btw it is your generation who invented participation trophies, it’s not like we thought of them on our own then pooled our lemonade stand money together to buy them. Plus I played 3 seasons of sports my entire life and never once got one, I think their existence is over exaggerated, but whatever makes ya feel better pops

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This post is stupid
Sorry, if It went over your head. I would try to explain my sarcasm to you but you probably lack a sense of humor as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ILoveTacos

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you're worried about shit like crash ratings, you should probably just stay in the Subaru with your mask on.
I've been thinking about how to respond to this comment. If you weren't interested in the post you could have just moved on, but instead you chose to insult me. Are you a juvenile? Yes of course I "worry about shit like crash ratings" because why wouldn't I? I have a family and why would I put my safety or theirs at risk if it has poor ratings? Which, by the way I don't expect it to. I just though people would find it helpful to know the information is coming out next month. I didn't expect so many douchebag comments.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the Boron steel, aerospace grade aluminum, and marine grade vinyl, I’ll feel safe.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, if It went over your head. I would try to explain my sarcasm to you but you probably lack a sense of humor as well.
This is why the internet created blue font...

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having spent the past decade and a half of my life mitigating the outcomes of significant traffic accidents I think it’s great how safety has improved more over the past decade than at any other point in automotive history. I’m not sure why you fragile boomers need to politicize everything.

Will the Broncos ratings prevent me from buying one? No, almost certainly not considering it’s clear how much effort Ford has put forth here, I’d be shocked if the tests revealed something significant. But I’m still interested because after seeing what can happen to occupants of unsafe vehicles time and time again I’d rather not subject my children to that just because I survived it.

tldr: Nobody cares about back in my day bullshit, and I’m curious but not overly concerned about the Broncos results
Dude he was was just reminiscing no need to hate. Says more about you than about him

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between the Boron steel, aerospace grade aluminum, and marine grade vinyl, I’ll feel safe.
I expect MGV to keep me safe as well, just not in a way the IIHS evaluates. Unless they started evaluating the fallout from questionable burritos and a few too many margaritas 😂
Sponsored