Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, hopefully the Bronco will follow since both are new vehicle designs. Things like this affect insurance premiums and for those of you who are unaware, a 4wd vehicle typically carries higher premiums out of the gate. Good read, thanks.
Yep. I’m looking at it for insurance also. And I want to have some piece of mind while driving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe we could go back to the good old days when the vehicles were fun but the steering columns would spear you like a pig ready to be roasted in a frontal collision.

Folks that don't want a reasonably safe vehicle that doesn't crumple like an aluminum can make no sense. Our fun vehicles travel at much higher speeds with much crappier drivers than in decades past. I can tell you that old school drum brakes and sloppy suspensions are no fun when dealing with modern traffic. High COG with rear drums locking up lead to a wallowing effect in a panic stop...ask my how I know. I'll take modern safety devices please.

Sorry, I'd like the Bronco to be safe and I know it will be fun too.

(y)

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe we could go back to the good old days when the vehicles were fun but the steering columns would spear you like a pig ready to be roasted in a frontal collision.

Folks that don't want a reasonably safe vehicle that doesn't crumple like an aluminum can make no sense. Our fun vehicles travel at much higher speeds with much crappier drivers than in decades past. I can tell you that old school drum brakes and sloppy suspensions are no fun when dealing with modern traffic. High COG with rear drums locking up lead to a wallowing effect in a panic stop...ask my how I know. I'll take modern safety devices please.

Sorry, I'd like the Bronco to be safe and I know it will be fun too.
Yeah. There seem to be some super tough macho people in here that love false dichotomy. It's okay to have a big tough ego inflating bronco, AND hope for some decent safety performance.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. There seem to be some super tough macho people in here that love false dichotomy. It's okay to have a big tough ego inflating bronco, AND hope for some decent safety performance.
(y)

I am more than happy to have my super cool Bronco be safe as well.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I heard a while back that Ford is anticipating a top safety pick + rating for the Bronco.
I don't remember where or who said it though....

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I heard a while back that Ford is anticipating a top safety pick + rating for the Bronco.
I don't remember where or who said it though....
I hope your right.
Sponsored