Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. IMG-4807
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. IMG-4809
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. IMG-4817
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice truck, Ford is really losing the focus of it's intended buyers. I am truly starting to believe they will lose half of those 190k reservations:unsure:
I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice truck! @92EddieBauer I hope you really enjoy it. I don’t blame you one bit for going out and getting something else. It’s been a roller coaster ride thus far. I’m almost to that point myself. I test drove 4 vehicles over the weekend. One being the Wrangler Rubicon with the Eco Diesel. I’ve never owned a Jeep and never really wanted one but I really liked it. I am seriously considering it now. I don’t like the way Ford has handled this rollout. Too many red flags in my opinion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.
I don't understand this comment. Was I not a real buyer? Vehicle classes are not what they were 15 years ago. I just don't feel comfortable dropping 50k on a new product being rushed out during covid that I haven't even been able to sit in. If I was romanticizing about anything it was clear communication & A physical product I can touch before dropping 50k lmao

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice truck! @92EddieBauer I hope you really enjoy it. I don’t blame you one bit for going out and getting something else. It’s been a roller coaster ride thus far. I’m almost to that point myself. I test drove 4 vehicles over the weekend. One being the Wrangler Rubicon with the Eco Diesel. I’ve never owned a Jeep and never really wanted one but I really liked it. I am seriously considering it now. I don’t like the way Ford has handled this rollout. Too many red flags in my opinion.
I just dropped my Wrangler off for recall work this morning and it was definitely tough looking at all the brand new Jeeps... the temptation was real.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
OK, so you got an F-150 competitor and you got a used vehicle.
1. Why did you not get an used F-150? ...Would be a better question.
2. For those looking for a "deal" and nothing else, if you watch the show "Hoovie's Garage" on YouTube, you can see the guy get a used $350k Maybach with door and quarter panel damage and 120K miles for $20K. That would a better deal. Conclusion: if you are going to drop your Bronco reservation, you should get a Maybach and then post it here.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly...you never intended to buy anyway off your reservation...you made the point.
That's absurd. I had a day 2 reservation that I switched to Grainger after seeing the photo of the 6'7 dude sitting in it (jeep headroom is what pushed me away from a jeep a long time ago being 6'6). Like I said, I'll circle back in 3 years when I'm not spending 50k on a unseen vehicle. Not in a position to throw 50k on something I can't drive first.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK, so you got an F-150 competitor and you got a used vehicle.
1. Why did you not get an used F-150? ...Would be a better question.
2. For those looking for a "deal" and nothing else, if you watch the show "Hoovie's Garage" on YouTube, you can see the guy get a used $350k Maybach with door and quarter panel damage and 120K miles for $20K. That would a better deal. Conclusion: if you are going to drop your Bronco reservation, you should get a Maybach and then post it here.
Lol Ford Gatekeeping here.

Why did you not get an used F-150?
---Price point- to get similar features to this I would be looking at 10-15k more
---Warranty- This has a 5 year 100k bumper to bumper, something the f150 doesn't have

Conclusion: if you are going to drop your terrible takes, you should continue to base your entire thinking off of a YouTube personality.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spot on. People buying Jeeps instead of a Bronco I can understand but anything else...you framed it perfectly they were romanticizing about a Bronco.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly...you never intended to buy anyway off your reservation...you made the point.
What point are you trying to make? That you are the realest real buyer out there?

What are you even adding to the conversation other than putting down a guy for buying something else, while still looking to eventually buy a Bronco, and trying to tell him what kind of buyer he is/was?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Day TWO reservation???

Most of us just moved up a notch!!!

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reservation Number Date so you can maybe get delivery a day earlier in October!
102413657/15/2020

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the OP probably did the right thing. It will likely serve him as good as a Bronco and save him $20k or so doing it.

That being said, if you wanted a truck, I do tend to agree that you were not sure what you were getting into with a Bronco. The ONLY reason I want one is for a door and top removable, family friendly 4x4. The only competitor for it is the Wrangler. Trucks, even when 4x4 are a different class of vehicle with some overlap on off-road capabilities and ride height, but do not satisfy my core requirement of removable tops and doors.
Sponsored