Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to find out the real conversion numbers come March. Doubt Ford will share that readily
We may be able to infer. If they've said publicly the 190K reservations, and they are a publicly traded company. They might tell us in their FY22 earnings report how many Broncos were shipped. I'm pretty sure they don't have to do that tho, and I must plead ignorance as to Ford doing a model breakdown in their reports, but .... dunno.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And...In all seriousness, not being a smart ass here, but if this roll-out of a brand new vehicle has you freaking out, what were you expecting??....And for those that are going out and buying a different vehicle, did you just have to go and buy something just because? Did you already have some sort of transportation or were you walking every where???

luckys13

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, Mini Cooper, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am romanticizing for sure. I want this thing really bad but the passion is starting to fade now as it appears some of the features and options which Ford sold me on as part of the Bronco are not even available now or not until a year or two down the road. While I wait in line for my Bronco I am starting to think if its worth it now out of the gate as I will just want some of those options. Then I look at the Gladiator and she is starting to become a little more attractive. I will still keep my reservation for now but I feel Ford has really done a terrible job on the information roll-out so far (BP, Availability, Reservations..... the list goes on). They have put a lot of lipstick on in the way of their marketing but reality is starting to bite. Still..... I am anxious to drive this thing!!

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice truck! Love the Titans. If I could've got a new one with a crew cab and 6.5 bed I wouldve.... since they don't offer that went with a Ram.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man people are really flaming this guy for jumping ship.
Not everyone is comfortable dropping almost 50k on a vehicle that hasn't had any reviews, real world test drives, or even been seen in person.
With all of the further delays, people are ignorant to think the first year model won't have a fair share of issues.
Its almost certain there will be sealing issues with the various tops letting air/water in.
At this point im just holding my reservation to see what happens. I most likely won't be ordering MY21/22, definitely going to hold off til there are bettter options and discounts.
What is so special about the 1st year model besides it being first and missing out on improvements further down the line?
Being 1st and knowing and hoping that there will be improvements down the line with new options and discounts. BUT, until I actually have it all we have are words to share. I am glad that I am in line and not trying to find the end of the line! We are all lucky we have the option to buy. Buy what we want, if available. Not be forced to
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. 20201223_170839
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. 20201223_170846
buy this...

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am romanticizing for sure. I want this thing really bad but the passion is starting to fade now as it appears some of the features and options which Ford sold me on as part of the Bronco are not even available now or not until a year or two down the road. While I wait in line for my Bronco I am starting to think if its worth it now out of the gate as I will just want some of those options. Then I look at the Gladiator and she is starting to become a little more attractive. I will still keep my reservation for now but I feel Ford has really done a terrible job on the information roll-out so far (BP, Availability, Reservations..... the list goes on). They have put a lot of lipstick on in the way of their marketing but reality is starting to bite. Still..... I am anxious to drive this thing!!
No don't do that, buy the jeep that is, Stay the Corse !

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your preorder isn’t a personality trait. You guys are as bad as Tacoma drivers.

It’ll be nice when I trade this in on a used one you overpaid 20k for to look cooler at Kroger. Or purchase a new one that is Covid bug free. I’ve seen first hand what this virus has done to skilled labor.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice ride. I did the exact same thing. I’m not waiting until 2022 to sit in a dealer stock Bronco and then decide it won’t work for me. Took a 2020 F150 “configurator build” to the dealer and had them find it. Even got $15k off sticker and a 100,000mi powertrain warranty for free... Bronco may come up again down the road but for now, I’m good.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.
This just isn’t true. Entire industries build their infrastructure around turning romanticizing in to purchase. That’s the entire reason we have sales people, realtors, even on hand inventory. Why have a car lot at all if buyers weren’t impulsive? The fact is, buyer excitements ebbs and flows and when you have a hot product delays and price hikes are brutal. It erodes trust. Once that trust is gone, buyers out their wallets away.

That is what we are seeing here. Ford is hoping/betting those buyers will return or be replaced well enough to buy up their supply while conceding a higher percentage of reservation holders. Maybe they will.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not knowing the answer but if the features you want and were sold on are listed, painted top or certain exterior colors will be late, but you are willing to wait and order it as equipped, I am thinking you are pushed back in the orders but still have your reservation and your build will move into the rotation asap. If you have the passion for a Bronco and a reservation, you are still ahead of those waiting to buy off the lot if you know what you want is in the pipeline.

JimmyD

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4/2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As if my username wouldn't give it away. I certainly won't be buying another. So sick if the solid front axle! Hops and goes sideways over little bumps.....opposing track bars, death wobble, wrong side of the road... alot!
I owned 9 Wranglers also....

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Better off buying new in 3 yrs- resale value for Wranglers, 4 runners, and soon to be Broncos will be asking top dollar.

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good for you for getting what you want. Not sure what so many people want to give their thoughts about why or why you didn’t get a bronco. Personally I am 100% dead set on getting a bronco but I have to wait a year and will spend more than you did and that’s okay as well! If we are both happy then it’s a win win.
Sponsored