Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm posting in the forum section called "General Auto & Other Vehicles Talk". IT's like there is other vehicles to talk about & they give you the ability! Big internet tough guy over here.
I apologize I'm an internet bully if my use of the terms "totally legitimate" and "far more sensible" regarding your purchasing decision while also pointing out that you that you didn't appear to be still seriously considering a Bronco two months after you knew what the price would be and that you would have no opportunity to test drive it before you committed. No one can know what your true intent was but you, only how it presents to us.

NV_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This forum has really evolved from Bronco ethusiasts to a knitting circle. The theatrical "I'm out," "look at what I just bought," or the "Ford is getting it all wrong," just gives me a headache. Buy, don't buy, stay, or go, nobody cares. We've all got to be smart enough to evaluate the information we have so far, as well as what we can obtain up until the we each PERSONALLY make a decision is it the vehicle we want, at the time we want, at the price we want. Congratulations on your new purchase, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a tempting thing, I understand that and don't hold anything against someone who wants to drop out and get something else now.
I'm sticking it out because it's what I've saved for and wanted for years.
I've had good luck with Ford trucks and (mostly) good luck with the SUV's.

Admittedly it is tempting to buy a used, low mile 4 runner as a stop-gap until we take delivery, but that's an added expense that I may or may not be able to recoup decently on (I can assume I will and based on current values, they hold fairly well).

Just browsing today after reading this thread local Toyota dealers have a handful of @20k mile SR5's 4WD for around 31-35k. Two of them have 100k mile 2011 Limiteds for right at 20k.

It is tempting to take my Bronc down payment $ and go get one for now, but will the equity be there for trade-in to match what I've put in? That's the looming question.

Guess I'll drive my Acura TL and hope snow season takes another break on NC this winter because it's too much of a gamble and headache to purchase, and hassle with resell or trade in and hope I still come out even on my investment of $ I put into it (virtually riding free for the next 7-9 months).

Day 1 early reserve here, and I'm sticking it out.
No hard feelings or judgement on anyone who doesn't. Your situation is what it is and your $ is your business.
If I see you wheelin' out there in an F250, ZR2, 4 Runner, Gladiator, or whatever, I'll share a cold one regardless.

Sponsored

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 50k you will likely get that truck and that 3 year old BD. Smart play.
Unless the 3yr old BD(s) is not given up and lives on with the original owner(s). Just thinking positive for the new Bronco owners that we may not want to give it up too early. I keep my vehicles on average 15 but I am planning on a BL so maybe BD will only be 3... Just having fun waiting for the New Year and Bronco countdown... or will be waiting again next year at this time for the Bronco countdown.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spot on. People buying Jeeps instead of a Bronco I can understand but anything else...you framed it perfectly they were romanticizing about a Bronco.
I disagree. I could see myself buying a Ram Rebel, Raptor, Trail Boss, or any other off road truck. There are a ton of people cross shopping those vehicles.

They are all 4x4s and off road vehicles and the buyer is comparing the benefits of a small truck bed and greater interior size vs. the ability to remove the top and doors.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I disagree. I could see myself buying a Ram Rebel, Raptor, Trail Boss, or any other off road truck. There are a ton of people cross shopping those vehicles.

They are all 4x4s and off road vehicles and the buyer is comparing the benefits of a small truck bed and greater interior size vs. the ability to remove the top and doors.
Those aren't even the same class of vehicle. Why not shop for a Dodge Challenger ;)

BroncoLover

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK, so you got an F-150 competitor and you got a used vehicle.
1. Why did you not get an used F-150? ...Would be a better question.
2. For those looking for a "deal" and nothing else, if you watch the show "Hoovie's Garage" on YouTube, you can see the guy get a used $350k Maybach with door and quarter panel damage and 120K miles for $20K. That would a better deal. Conclusion: if you are going to drop your Bronco reservation, you should get a Maybach and then post it here.
that's funny....

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those aren't even the same class of vehicle. Why not shop for a Dodge Challenger ;)
I get what you’re saying, but do people always have to shop within one class of vehicle? The class of vehicle that I’m shopping for right now is: “fun and bad ass”

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.
My plans for my next ride involve a truck capable of getting myself, some companions and a fair amount of gear well off the beaten path for a decent amount of time. The Bronco, along with the Wrangler, Gladiator, several pickups and other SUVs fit that list of qualifications. The Bronco is my preferred tool at this time. It's an answer but not the only one.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ONLY reason I want one is for a door and top removable, family friendly 4x4. The only competitor for it is the Wrangler.
Zactly why I am waiting on Bronco. I am buying the open air experience. I owned a wrangler for one week and hated the ride and the interior. I took it back to the dealer and got an Avenger lol. Bronco is my only option for the open air experience with 4x4 and daily driver capability. It's modular and will give me the option to tinker with it as I am no where even close to being good with cars but I am somewhat handy. All in all, the price is high when throwing in the options.

I'm gonna spend a lot on it but Im 45 and want a vehicle that I love for a change, so gonna build it my way. OP do you, we do we :)

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
Ford Bronco I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride. tenor

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the 3yr old BD(s) is not given up and lives on with the original owner(s). Just thinking positive for the new Bronco owners that we may not want to give it up too early. I keep my vehicles on average 15 but I am planning on a BL so maybe BD will only be 3... Just having fun waiting for the New Year and Bronco countdown... or will be waiting again next year at this time for the Bronco countdown.
In 3 years (maybe 4) there will be lease returns and rental fleet sales at the very least. Plus by then Ford will have a new set of interior designers so there might be larger than usual trade-ins from beta testers.
Sponsored