Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know how many are on here? The news of the delays, and b+p traveled alot farther than just here.
Everytime someone cancels their reservation and buys another vehicle someone else will replace them in line.
Sponsored

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol Ford Gatekeeping here.

Why did you not get an used F-150?
---Price point- to get similar features to this I would be looking at 10-15k more
---Warranty- This has a 5 year 100k bumper to bumper, something the f150 doesn't have

Conclusion: if you are going to drop your terrible takes, you should continue to base your entire thinking off of a YouTube personality.
Just because the Maybach is "cheaper" doesnt mean its good especially if its at 120k miles...no warranty at all so that money "saved" is now money "spent" on repairs/maintenance.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation Number Date so you can maybe get delivery a day earlier in October!
102413657/15/2020
Damn, if thats the case, then I might get one in the summer. 7/13/2020 reservation.

Congrats on the new truck. Hope you are happy with it. But what is the point of these threads in the Bronco forums?

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nice truck, especially with the decker system in the bed... congrats!!! I'm loving my new ZR2 ... it's bittersweet, giving up on the Bronco - but I am much happier now. I hope Ford gets their act together for the rest of the people waiting.

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plans for my next ride involve a truck capable of getting myself, some companions and a fair amount of gear well off the beaten path for a decent amount of time. The Bronco, along with the Wrangler, Gladiator, several pickups and other SUVs fit that list of qualifications. The Bronco is my preferred tool at this time. It's an answer but not the only one.
Nicely done Sir!

Sponsored

TheRealCobraBurnout

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice truck

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current list of vehicles I'll consider:
1) Bronco (but not thrilled with how we've been treated and it's a first year vehicle from ford so reliability is likely to be shit)
2) Toyota Tacoma or 4runner (amazing long term but behind the ball on technology)
3) Land Rover Defender (fantastic interior and technology, but Land Rover always has low reliability and the TFL experience scares me)
4) Kia Telluride (great value proposition and it has a 10 year warranty, but not really an offroader)
5) Rav4 Prime (not an offroader and almost impossible to buy, but 0-60 in 5.7 seconds in an SUV)
I actually find it interesting to hear why people are bowing out and what they are getting instead. Personally, I've never been interested in a Wrangler and want something with IFS that can hold it's own as an off-road / adventure vehicle. My list is similar in that the only other vehicles, I've considered are:
  • Used Tacoma which I would completely trick out as a dedicated overland rig. This would probably run me $45k all-in but it would be highly impractical for anything other than overlanding.
  • New Defender - More expensive (~$70k) but I would trade in my current SUV and it would serve as the primary family car that is also highly capable (driving in snow, hauling gear and weekend overlanding with the fam). Besides price and similar 1st year concerns, it just doesn't look great and I would be hard pressed to really push it off road.
I'm going with the Bronco because it falls somewhere in-between these two and I absolutely love the design. I do have some trepidation around potential production issues given the circumstances, the gray MIC top and GVWR accessory restrictions but overall I'm still really excited.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Similarly to other complaints in the group, I"ve turned my down payment into a different vehicle. I couldn't justify spending 50k before tt&l. I'll look at a used black diamond in the future but I picked up a 2017 Titan with 22months/60k miles left on it's factory warranty for ~25k less than a bronco.
IMG-4807.jpg
IMG-4809.jpg
IMG-4817.jpg

What Trim?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't know that they are losing focus of real buyers...not many people buying a full size pick-up or Camaro, or whatever completely different class of vehicle were never really going to buy a Bronco...they were just romanticizing about it for a while.

there are buyers, no fake buyers, it's a SUV, anyone interested in SUV or have SUV options on the table is a buyer, you cannot be more legit than this guy, he's tired from the miscommunication and ACTUALLY pulled the trigger.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice truck, don’t see a lot of those on the road. I’m close to pulling the trigger on a new rubicon. I really wanted a bronco, but as we get closer to the order date, there’s way too much uncertainty in the vehicle and in the deal that I’m just not comfortable with it. The jeep is tried and true and will probably end up being a few grand cheaper
The Rubicon 4xe will start at $51600, eligible for $7500 credit, it makes a lot of sense too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't understand this comment. Was I not a real buyer? Vehicle classes are not what they were 15 years ago. I just don't feel comfortable dropping 50k on a new product being rushed out during covid that I haven't even been able to sit in. If I was romanticizing about anything it was clear communication & A physical product I can touch before dropping 50k lmao
Fords definitely not rushing this one out. Not to mention they will have a physical vehicle at the dealer before you have to buy it. But if you want to cancel your reservation, how about letting us know when you reserved so we can see if we’re moving up in line. Also, I doubt Ford will notice, that 190000 reservations number is already in MY 22. You drop out and someone else is ready to buy one so do what makes you happy.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fords definitely not rushing this one out. Not to mention they will have a physical vehicle at the dealer before you have to buy it. But if you want to cancel your reservation, how about letting us know when you reserved so we can see if we’re moving up in line. Also, I doubt Ford will notice, that 190000 reservations number is already in MY 22. You drop out and someone else is ready to buy one so do what makes you happy.
As seen on page 2

Reservation Number Date so you can maybe get delivery a day earlier in October!
102413657/15/2020

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Rubicon 4xe will start at $51600, eligible for $7500 credit, it makes a lot of sense too.
nice, the ends up being a great deal. I gotta get the manual trans tho, so V6 fo rme

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol Ford Gatekeeping here.

Why did you not get an used F-150?
---Price point- to get similar features to this I would be looking at 10-15k more
---Warranty- This has a 5 year 100k bumper to bumper, something the f150 doesn't have

Conclusion: if you are going to drop your terrible takes, you should continue to base your entire thinking off of a YouTube personality.
That's what romanticizing is. You were able to rationalize putting down 100 whole dollars on a $50,000+ Bronco sight unseen but now, rationale comes into play and you buy a different brand and different type of vehicle used because you perceive it as a better value. And that is perfectly sensible, logical and thrifty- all good qualities.
This whole $100 refundable deposit campaign has been and will continue to be a marketing ploy.
It generated a lot of word of mouth advertising.
Refundable is the same as click bait. Non-refundable is commitment. Nothing lost. I believe that if Ford would've been seriously trying to generate firm orders, they would have required more like a $2,500 non-refundable deposit. Only a small fraction of the depositors would've gone for that, no word of mouth, and folks would've said, "To heck with that. I can get a late model used truck with a warranty for half as much as what a Bronco will be."
You done good, IMO.
Sponsored