Sponsored

I'll buy used in 3 years, here is my new ride.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't understand this comment. Was I not a real buyer? Vehicle classes are not what they were 15 years ago. I just don't feel comfortable dropping 50k on a new product being rushed out during covid that I haven't even been able to sit in. If I was romanticizing about anything it was clear communication & A physical product I can touch before dropping 50k lmao
I understand his comment completely. You bought a used pickup truck vs. a new Jeep. A new Jeep would have been the comparative vehicle to make such statements that the vehicle you bought was (a) a known quantity and (b) comparative in price. You can't compare used vehicle prices to new vehicle pricing. You bought a 3 year old used pickup truck. It has no comparison as an alternative to a New Bronco.

The people staying with a Bronco purchase, even in consideration of your quite valid points, are buying a Bronco because it's a Bronco and not an alternative to another class or brand of vehicle. In counter to your concerns, I guess I'm lucky since my BD build comes in just under $40K with the anticipated discount I expect to get. As many have stated, if the Bronco comes in not as I expected and don't like it, then I'll not buy it. If after the wait for the Bronco and it turns out not what I expected, then I go visit the Jeep dealership down the street and pick a new Jeep off the lot*. Pretty simple solution.

* personally, I'm not in the market for a Jeep.

No flame meant, just stating the obvious. You'd get the opposite response if you posted on a Titan forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Christ this thread makes me not want to buy a Bronco just on the off chance someone sees me driving it and associates my behavior with some of the ABSURD takes on this site.

I’m just as tired as some of you of seeing the “I canceled my res and bought a 1987 Buick LeSabre coupe instead” threads. I think they’re useless and almost always have an undertone of “I’m more intelligent than you idiots because I bought something that I think is better”.

HOWEVER, why the need to jump down the guy’s throat about it? He’s excited about a new truck that he purchased and wants to rub it in a little. Who cares? Now OP is stuck defending himself against a ragged mob of internet children that just can’t accept that someone has a different outlook on things.
He's getting grief because his initial post has no logic to it with respect to those who reserved a Bronco production slot. I think your comment about the LeSabre is spot-on and sums it up perfectly. If the OP decided to get off of the Bronco wait list, no need to tell us about it.

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He was seeking empathy and hoping for confirmation of his decision.

You guys are insufferable and downright embarrassing. I posted in section dedicated to other vehicles, describing why I chose another vehicle. Take a double look a the title of this thread as well. I hope these come out clean with zero issues and they arrive on time.

But now I'll be petty and watch every single comment moving forward & call you out on any complaint, warranty question, etc.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You guys are insufferable and downright embarrassing. I posted in section dedicated to other vehicles, describing why I chose another vehicle. Take a double look a the title of this thread as well. I hope these come out clean with zero issues and they arrive on time.

But now I'll be petty and watch every single comment moving forward & call you out on any complaint, warranty question, etc.
I don know why I can still be surprised by how childish people can be here. I am one of those Bronco or nothing guys, but I hope you enjoy your ride. Strangers slinging shit your way are just full of shit.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice truck. Couple things to keep a watchful eye on so definitely join one of the forums to keep yourself out of maintenance jeopardy.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can bet that Ford has had many meetings forecasting potential sales and profit already. The big wig's bonus will be dictated by how well these forecasts follow through. You not thinking it sends a message is irrelevant to the fact that it will.
In this particular case, the Thread Starter, cancelled his reservation, which is all Ford sees, a cancellation. Not that I've done it, but I doubt the process lets the reservationist register a complaint or reason why he is cancelling his reservation. It's just a numbers game. In the Year-of-the-COVID the biggest attention-getter for any automotive Executive is the cost of the pandemic on his company. The economic recovery in 2021 is a crapshoot at this moment in time. I'd place a wager that most Bronco cancellations will be economic related more than anything.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would not sweat Gamecock. He roots for a losing program and based on his comments I doubt he is old enough to drive ?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
In this particular case, the Thread Starter, cancelled his reservation, which is all Ford sees, a cancellation. Not that I've done it, but I doubt the process lets the reservationist register a complaint or reason why he is cancelling his reservation. It's just a numbers game. In the Year-of-the-COVID the biggest attention-getter for any automotive Executive is the cost of the pandemic on his company. The economic recovery in 2021 is a crapshoot at this moment in time. I'd place a wager that most Bronco cancellations will be economic related more than anything.
Actually you do leave feedback when cancelling.....

OP
OP
92EddieBauer

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, I cited poor communication and inconsistent pricing. However, attempted to give Granger as much compliments as I could fit in for their hard work.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I cited poor communication and inconsistent pricing. However, attempted to give Granger as much compliments as I could fit in for their hard work.
Wonder how many reservations Gragner is losing?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. Good for Ford to want feedback. I wonder who at Ford is going to read all 80,000 cancellations :ROFLMAO:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was a joke...

Joendoodle

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 2- Corvettes
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK, so you got an F-150 competitor and you got a used vehicle.
1. Why did you not get an used F-150? ...Would be a better question.
2. For those looking for a "deal" and nothing else, if you watch the show "Hoovie's Garage" on YouTube, you can see the guy get a used $350k Maybach with door and quarter panel damage and 120K miles for $20K. That would a better deal. Conclusion: if you are going to drop your Bronco reservation, you should get a Maybach and then post it here.
Now I'll have to consider a Maybach!!

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Platinum reserve! Who would have guessed heated rear seats were a thing in a truck.

It looks sick, You said you saved $25K over a Bronco, I am hoping you paid 20's for it, if that;s the case it's a steal, those sell high 30's where I live if you can find it highly optioned like yours.
It looks really great! congrats.
Sponsored