Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes and possibly no. lol. Wraps can have similar issues on plastics as paint. It all comes down to the prep.
My son used to work at a sign shop and they wrapped all of the city buses, benches etc. The guy that is their "wrap" guy is really talented. I may look into it once hell freezes over and my Bronco is delivered.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My son used to work at a sign shop and they wrapped all of the city buses, benches etc. The guy that is their "wrap" guy is really talented. I may look into it once hell freezes over and my Bronco is delivered.
In my opinion, a wrap is the best option. If it gets weathered or scuffed up just re-wrap it. If you want a change remove it or change the color/design. Until more is known about the polymer in the top I wouldn't paint it.

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m waiting to see how things look in the real world before concluding anything. Ford changed the texture which greatly effected the light reflectivity… and I wonder how environmental context will down play any differences in colors that may still appear to exist in photographs:

1624968313729.jpeg

So many vehicles driving around right now have different colored black plastics, but we don’t even notice it because of context.
I seen the First Edition at Barrett-Jackson, it's not cohesive. Gloss black grill, standard black plastic fenders then the Carbonized Gray MIC top. I guess I'm just use to the Mustang world where all the plastic trim pieces are uniformly colored.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been around the paint world a very long time and have never heard of this "heat treat" process. It does not sound plausible at all. Torching a plastic roof without knowing anything about the polymer doesn't seem like a wise decision. Trying to paint an unknow polymer is again a bad idea. No doubt it can be done but you risk ruining a top worth several thousand dollars on an internet recipe.
^^^ This person is a Debbie Downer.

If you want to paint the roof yourself, and didn't even mention raptor lining, then I think you've done enough research and are ready to apply heat to the roof.

May I suggest an oxy acetylene torch as you're going to want consistent temperatures for sure.

Let us know how it turns out and, as always, YYMV, do your work at your own risk.
Sponsored