Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have to ask, first time Jeep owner with the JL and can't wait to get out of this FCA piece of crap even though it is fun when everything works and the top and doors are off, what in the hell is the benefit to fold down windshield? Why does that matter and why would the bronco even need to include it.
If you've never ridden a motorcycle, or wanted to, you'll probably never get it. Not too many people do it. For one, not many vehicles allow you to. But when you have the opportunity to cruise around with the wind in your hair, it's a great feeling. On the street I'm not even sure it's legal. But I do it. If I'm going somewhere and staying under 55 in my FJ40, the windshield is usually down.

My wife loves it! She loves riding on the bike but in the 40 she doesn't even need to wear a helmet. Some good glasses and you're good to go.

Imagine driving your Bronco to a mountain pass, folding down the windshield and soaking it all in. It's awesome.

20200613_074756-01.jpeg

20200523_191112-01.jpeg
Sponsored

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I think the true split between Jeep vs Bronco is the die hard rock crawlers. Some will do it in a Bronco, most will do it in a Jeep.

On the Bronco side of the equation, we will see the majority at the Baja/dunes over Jeeps, when talking due-hards....

The overall majority will be split evenly. Both have style. Both have customizable formats. Both will do 100% of what we want, 150% better than we expect.

In the end, we all win! We all get the vehicle we want, to do the tasks we want, and look how we want them to look....AND the aftermarket is going to feed us, at better pricing because there is now honest competition!

I love the community off-roaders have made.... now we just need to bring the cousins into it! It’s the family we choose!

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the Bronco for its versatility and although we have seen it tackle the Rubicon and Moab it will never be a hard core rock crawler. Try wheeling it at the Chili Challenge in southern New Mexico climbing canyon walls, makes the aforementioned seem like kids play. Now if you throw a straight axle up front then we are talking, but that is not what I want now. I have owned hard core crawlers, but now with four kids the crawler funds are not so plentiful LOL. I look forward to taking delivery.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Had a lifted jk sport for 5 years, then bought a Jl rubicon unlimited with sky touch top. The sky touch top is awesome, but right now not thats all Jeep has to compete with this new Bronco. I been lurking here for a long time. Never thought I would like the Bronco. I was wrong. Ford hit a home run. Bases loaded home run.

I followed all the jl hype for years. The jl is good. It improved on the jk a lot, especially on the freeway. But, or should i say BUT! it could had been more. Rubicons has 33s(mine still has the 33s). 35s are no problem, in fact with a little spacer lift you can go 37s. But the Bronco can get 35 right off the bat. I like the sky top a LOT. Its great for little rides to town and put the top back. Right now that might be the only thing Jeep has over the Ford. I am curious about the modular top for the 2 door though(i reserved a 2 door)

The look of the Bronco is great. Some might say even cartoonish, but I think it looks unique. So heres one guy Jeep has lost, and I think they will be many more.
I think where Ford/Bronco takes business away from jeep right away is with the person that's not doing a lot of hard core off roading.

The person that's basically using it as a daily driver. Someone who has never really driven a body on frame SUV/truck. I think that person goes and drives a jeep with a solid from axle and then goes and drives a Bronco with IFS and all things being equal it's a no brainer, they buy the Bronco.

The only challenge I see for Ford in the beginning is just the lack of vehicles in show rooms for people to test drive. That's obviously not an issue for people on this site, but then again, we're not the people that Ford is trying to win over.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had a lifted jk sport for 5 years, then bought a Jl rubicon unlimited with sky touch top. The sky touch top is awesome, but right now not thats all Jeep has to compete with this new Bronco. I been lurking here for a long time. Never thought I would like the Bronco. I was wrong. Ford hit a home run. Bases loaded home run.

I followed all the jl hype for years. The jl is good. It improved on the jk a lot, especially on the freeway. But, or should i say BUT! it could had been more. Rubicons has 33s(mine still has the 33s). 35s are no problem, in fact with a little spacer lift you can go 37s. But the Bronco can get 35 right off the bat. I like the sky top a LOT. Its great for little rides to town and put the top back. Right now that might be the only thing Jeep has over the Ford. I am curious about the modular top for the 2 door though(i reserved a 2 door)

The look of the Bronco is great. Some might say even cartoonish, but I think it looks unique. So heres one guy Jeep has lost, and I think they will be many more.
It’s hard to believe almost a year has gone bye from the time you made your post. I’m just Curious if you have changed your original reservation and if you’re still with the rest of us on the slow boat to Bronco land.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Until I see a stock Jeep go against a stock Bronco on the rocks I won't be convinced one is better than the other.

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm doing the same thing, but with a JK. I actually have two Jeeps: A 2015 4 door Rubicon which I have lifted and put 35's on etc. -and a 2017 2 door Recon, manual transmission.

I will be trading in the 2 door Recon for a Bronco Badlands/Sasquatch 2 door. The reason I am doing it, to be honest, is because now that we have a 1 year old baby -we figured it was best that we have two automatics, because when Crawlers -the 4 door- goes down, my wife cannot drive anything. I tried to get her to learn manual but failed.

So why did I pick a new Bronco over another new Jeep? Well, I already have another Jeep, so why not try something different -though same-ish? Also, the horsepower and especially torque readings on the 2.7 were mouth watering aside from how well they did on the aesthetics and build for the rest of the vehicle. Yeah, Jeep made a V8 version, but the price jump is ridiculous and its only available on a 4 door. I will miss Crackerjack the 2 door Jeep... it was really perfect as a Jeep and will possibly end the era of me driving stick, but "Todd" which is what I am going to name my new Bronco, will bring a whole new element of fun. I used to hear grouchers all the time say: "It's a Jeep, it's not meant to go fast" I used to argue that a vehicle that you can take the top and doors off of is as close as you can get to a street legal dune buggy out of the factory... Well, looks like Bronco is taking that to another level. From what I've seen, it doesn't look like it will have quite the flex the Jeeps have, but it's still impressive and I'll still find use for disconnecting the sway bar ---especially instantly, mid obstacle (drool). Also, you never know what aftermarket will bring. I expect some really big improvements in aftermarket IFS parts for rock crawling especially if Bronco cuts into Jeep's market like I think it will. There are great Jeep aftermarket companies, and I'm sure most of them are going to start building for Bronco.

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im still here. Changed my order to a 4 door badlands with soft top. It was being previewed this week. Still have my Jeep, and i still like it, in fact last week i was offered 2 thousand more for it than what I gave for it new(16kmiles now). My badlands order is a 9pm reservation , and i also have a 2 door base squatch ordered that was a next day early morning reservation.

When the 4 door comes in Ill compare it to the Jeep and see which i like the best, and sell the other. Right now im thinking my keeper will be the 2 door squatch though. If I really like the 4 door badlands i might change the 2 door to a wildtrak. Its just a wait and see, but right now Im still enjoying the Jeep.

Sponsored

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the Bronco engine choices are weak. They could have done much better. Like dropping a 5.0 and a choice of AT/MT.
You mean because the number in front of "L" is smaller? Because they didn't offer a ridiculously unneeded/ovwrpriced Hemi? Because it doesn't sound as loud?

The 2.3L is only 10hp less (15 more with premium) and more torque than their 3.6L.

With this being the first model year back, I imagine they will expand the engine lineup.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean because the number in front of "L" is smaller? Because they didn't offer a ridiculously unneeded/ovwrpriced Hemi? Because it doesn't sound as loud?

The 2.3L is only 10hp less (15 more with premium) and more torque than their 3.6L.

With this being the first model year back, I imagine they will expand the engine lineup.
I don't understand those who constantly say "this needs a V8". The Ecoboost line of motors is nothing new to Ford if those naysayers have been following along with the brand for the last 10 years. Its like saying "I would buy a Subaru if it wasn't a CVT" 😆

I remember when all the blowhards said they wouldn't buy a Gen 2 Raptor.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just always hated the look of Jeep wranglers. Functionally, I think they’re great.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like Broncos, I had 3, all were 2 doors, all were V8's, all had issues, none were perfect. They were simple machines compared to this new computer with wheels. The Wrangler has been refined several times and it's still far from even close to perfect. Ford is making the Bronco from scrap and I hope people don't think I will be perfect. It's nice and I like it but I am just going to wait a while till the crazy time is over.
Sponsored